Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that non-capsuleer viewership of the Intergalactic Summit reaches into the hundreds of millions and vehement debates rage within planetary communities based on the positions espoused there by capsuleers.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: WTR's Future  (Read 3247 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: WTR's Future
« Reply #15 on: 14 Mar 2013, 03:26 »

There is a big difference in size and power between Hyasyoda and Wiyrkomi, iirc ?

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #16 on: 14 Mar 2013, 08:10 »

The Caldari have way too much bloc diversity for our small numbers.   We always had this problem.  Everybody wants to be the CEO of his five man corp and nobody wants to unite into a real powerhouse.

Desiderya

« Reply #17 on: 14 Mar 2013, 09:05 »

I tend to agree on that point Hamish. Personally I think there's all the potential to develop all the megacorporations RP wise - we just lack the players to willfully sign up with that.

Needless to say I'd prefer to try and get at least all the patriots into one camp, but I can not force people to do that. Rumours about Jackboot-allowances having been cut short are greatly exaggerated, however.  8)
However, I wish Malcolm best of luck with building his own thing - we'll spend the time flying alongside most of the time anyways, I think.

edit:
Regarding the RPs, Des ist still a Wiyrkomi citizen and that will never change ( I know, never say never ). I can mirror Gesakaarin's POV that developing the nuances of the patriot varieities will be interesting to see but as stated above I doubt the capability of the community to provide the necessary numbers, especially if going only for roleplayers. I'd like to point out that [DUTY] is a State PMC and neither a military unit nor chained strictly to a singular megacorporation. Current contracts in this department are with Kaalakiota, but the funding is from technically independant capsuleers, as opposed to WHG (or what we claimed in RP, at least ;))'s strong ties with Wiyrkomi Corporation. While [DUTY] would never sell out against the State it's going to stay a PMC in its core.
« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2013, 09:10 by Desiderya »

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #18 on: 14 Mar 2013, 11:27 »

I'm an outsider in this discussion so I may have a few details incorrect. Feel free to correct me if I say something incorrect.

To me it seems that maybe joining into an alliance would be better. Teaming up with Pyre seems like it could be a good thing. A Patriot-bloc alliance would be awesome. You both are already flying and RPing together. And keeping the corporations separate lets WTR keep their Wiyrkomi flavor and Pyre can keep their Kaalakiota. This gives you a lot of the benefits of merging while keeping a bit of your RP separate.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #19 on: 14 Mar 2013, 16:26 »

+1 to sticking with WTR and joining onto an alliance. I hear I-RED is cool.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #20 on: 14 Mar 2013, 18:23 »

I hear I-RED is Ishukone and therefore not an appropriate place for a Wiyrkomi Corp...

*fades back into shadows as one of the Lai Dai corps CEOs*

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #21 on: 14 Mar 2013, 20:13 »

Maybe creating a neutral alliance RP wise "The Sons of the Winds" or something like that can allow you to coordinate and, at the same time, remain different RP-wise.

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #22 on: 14 Mar 2013, 21:27 »

Maybe creating a neutral alliance RP wise "The Sons of the Winds" or something like that can allow you to coordinate and, at the same time, remain different RP-wise.

That would be cool. A united Caldari front in the warzone (going on the assumption that Mal's corp is in FW) would be really cool. I gotta agree with what Hamish says. Everyone wants to do their won thing instead of getting together a united front for the good of the Caldari. It would be pretty cool to see that and I'd imagine with all the different people and personalities it would be pretty great RP as well. Before it crashes and burns because of all the different people and personalities  :ugh:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Gesakaarin

« Reply #23 on: 15 Mar 2013, 00:08 »

I think now is the time to point out that if you look at the current structure of the Pyre Falcon Defence Combine it was never intended to, currently is not, nor will it ever follow the current Alliance structure paradigm of, "Let's just grab whatever corps we can into this."

DUTY operates with a single Executive leadership that controls its subsidiary Cadres through total share ownership. The Executor corp (currently myself and Des) sets the agenda of the alliance and dictates its goals with Cadre CEO's and Directors (Commander and Operative). There is only one vision, one purpose, behind the Combine. The intent is not to deliver divisive RP, because the focus is to ensure a well-led, well-organized and cohesive unit able to realize the goal of its State PMC focus by being good at its job of shooting the enemies of the State in space.

That isn't going to change, because the entire purpose of the organization behind DUTY is to eliminate extraneous bullshit by making it clear where the lines of authority exist and that there is only one identity to adhere to. Pyre Falcon Defence Combine was never founded with the intent of being the only patriot organization, but rather a patriot organization with its own separate and distinct identity that it dictates and controls itself.

In short, no I'm not really much a fan of causing RP drama if it doesn't deliver something substantial, nor am I willing to compromise fundamental aspects of the structure and vision behind Pyre Falcon for it. The only corporations that will exist in DUTY are its Executor and the subsidiary Cadres it directly controls because that's how the alliance is set up to provide the organization and leadership to get killmails and is a non-negotiable aspect of its RP identity.
« Last Edit: 15 Mar 2013, 00:09 by Gesakaarin »

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
« Reply #24 on: 15 Mar 2013, 04:51 »

Having a set vision and sticking to it is good, Gesa. I wasn't actually planning on this becoming a "let's reshape DUTY" thread, so I apologize for that.

WTR has no intention of joining DUTY.
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Iwan Terpalen

« Reply #25 on: 15 Mar 2013, 05:27 »

Ultimately, the only organizational structure that counts for realsies is known as the "Fleet."

Gesakaarin

« Reply #26 on: 15 Mar 2013, 05:29 »

Having a set vision and sticking to it is good, Gesa. I wasn't actually planning on this becoming a "let's reshape DUTY" thread, so I apologize for that.

Not at all :)

Just given some comments in this thread, I thought I'd clear up some perceived misconceptions.

That aside, I think the topic should focus on WTR, so my own apology for any potential derail here.

I think the future looks interesting and promising for Caldari Patriot RP with WTR also in the mix though. Should be fun.

Desiderya

« Reply #27 on: 15 Mar 2013, 07:55 »

Technically an alliance is only necessary for simple sharing of standings and relations or everything Sov-related.
That means: There's no reason to not just go ahead and cooperate on a patriot bloc-level without being in the same corporation/alliance.
This makes it also easier for any groups not overly interested in joining up in FW, for example certain patriot Lai Dai corporations. ( You know you want to open up your Black Rise branch again ) :D
Pages: 1 [2]