Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Minmatar military specifically recruits hardened criminals for service in its elite Valklear units, and that many of the Republic's most senior officers were originally recruited in this way?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Experiment in Self Moderation  (Read 16684 times)

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
Re: Experiment in Self Moderation
« Reply #45 on: 09 Mar 2013, 09:34 »

I saw someone beat someone else to death on channel (special snowflake, 2 days old)

I have seen endless "so and so pets a bunny".

Lots of "Slave brings <enter name> drinks".

Other than that, not terrible.

I am a fan of allowing whatever people want to do IC to fly in the Summit, EXCEPT people will just make random nonsequitur attacks and comments (Tarq) and say "But my character is like that IC!"

Your roleplay should never be a cover for you simply being a trollish asshole. Prove to me that we can determine one from the other, and I will push for that change.

Davlos

• Egger
  • Purveyor of Horrible Images
« Reply #46 on: 09 Mar 2013, 10:18 »

The quality of RP in The Sphere is really low, and that's a really low bar, considering what The Summit tends to offer.

But then again, I'm not too surprised.

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #47 on: 09 Mar 2013, 10:41 »

I kinda have to agree with Davlos, but The Summit never was fully interesting to me either.

Khloe

• Silent Watcher
  • Egger
« Reply #48 on: 09 Mar 2013, 11:06 »

A channel is only as good as the content its members bring to the table. Perhaps a generic RP comm channel isn't conducive to the type of roleplay you're looking for.

Davlos

• Egger
  • Purveyor of Horrible Images
« Reply #49 on: 09 Mar 2013, 11:23 »

A channel is only as good as the content its members bring to the table. Perhaps a generic RP comm channel isn't conducive to the type of roleplay you're looking for.

Even for a generic RP comm channel, it still is really, really atrocious. I've seen better content in an elementary school-equivalent creative writing class.

Norrin Ellis

« Reply #50 on: 09 Mar 2013, 11:28 »

I've got no complaints.  Sure, there's plenty of derp for all.  Is it atrocious?  I don't know if I'd go that far, but if I decide that something is, I can filter it out myself, either by ignoring it or pushing my own block button.

I can filter out kindergarten-esque content without kindergarten-esque supervision.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #51 on: 09 Mar 2013, 14:17 »

I still have to experiment the Sphere content, but considering the low interest I usually have for 80% of the summit content, I am not expecting much.

One of the main issues with the Summit is that most politicaly oriented discussions or actual interesting stuff often gets either :

1) mingled in the usual *hugs* *kiss* *hugs* chit chat
2) out of control, so gets moderated

I do not see a rational reason to expect better of non moderated channel, except that 2) will continue to get out of control instead of getting back to the usual *hugs* *kiss* *hugs* chit chat.

The issue is not the summit, it's the overall quality of the content, as Mercy said.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #52 on: 09 Mar 2013, 16:07 »

I imagine some players have been waiting a long time to publicly show off how they can have slaves bring them a drink.  :lol:

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #53 on: 09 Mar 2013, 16:27 »

I imagine some players have been waiting a long time to publicly show off how they can have slaves bring them a drink.  :lol:
If it makes them happy. vOv

So far, I have seen nothing much that would make the Sphere a place that one can't frequent.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #54 on: 09 Mar 2013, 16:37 »

So far, I have seen nothing much that would make the Sphere a place that one can't frequent.

So far, I have seen nothing much that would make the Sphere any better than the Summit.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #55 on: 09 Mar 2013, 17:37 »

The issue is not the summit, it's the overall quality of the content, as Mercy said.

Bingo.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #56 on: 11 Mar 2013, 12:24 »

Hmm, I had no idea this was not possible in The Summit.

Anyway, the most noticable advantage The Sphere has offered me so far is to function as a B-channel for The Summit. If a lot of people are talking in The Summit at the same time, it's nice to be able to have a B-channel. It could function as a place to have sidetrack discussions that are inspired by a fast-paced discussion in The Summit without disrupting that discussion or vice versa.
-OOChé

Lyn Farel

« Reply #57 on: 11 Mar 2013, 13:47 »

Hmm, I had no idea this was not possible in The Summit.

Some told it was not in the past, some argued that rule never actually happened, I am not even sure now if that's still forbidden or not.

All i know of is that it leaded to :drama:.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #58 on: 11 Mar 2013, 21:45 »

If you do it, you'll be asked not to do that. It's rude and a bit war-starting. Even the Holder running the channel thinks so; how crass and uncivilized, to flaunt your holdings in such a way! Pish-posh!

If you do it just for lulz on the other hand, you'll be a mod's hate-pinata, and I will not save you.  :|
« Last Edit: 11 Mar 2013, 21:48 by Graelyn »

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #59 on: 15 Mar 2013, 15:51 »

So I understand certain people who are banned from the summit for cause are using the sphere to accuse other people of beastiality.

Ah, the wonders of self moderation.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6