Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Re-Awakened Technologies Inc is a Minmatar Republic loyalist corporation? Read more here

Author Topic: Re: [RECRUITING] Utopian Research I.E.L. - Angel Cartel PVP Corporation  (Read 535 times)

Alizabeth

• Egger

I'm honor bound to hate your corp for like a dozen reasons, but aside, why disallow newbies?  A two day old pilot in a rifter can tackle a titan, supercarrier, carrier, yes, a carrier.  It's not like rifters are not easily replaceable. 
« Last Edit: 20 Feb 2013, 02:33 by Ciarente »

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself

aside, why disallow newbies?  A two day old pilot in a rifter can tackle a titan, supercarrier, carrier, yes, a carrier.  It's not like rifters are not easily replaceable.

To Clarify:
We're not a training corporation. While the 40mil cap might be negotiable it is there for a reason, because it means you've been playing long enough to have a decent grasp of game mechanics.
« Last Edit: 19 Feb 2013, 20:56 by DeadRow »

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Alizabeth

• Egger

SP doesn't indicate a knowledge of game mechanics, though. 
All I'm saying is that there might be newer Angel RPers that want to join your corp, maybe some with say 5m SP that have some kills under their belt, are motivated and capable and don't need to be handheld.
I can understand the "how will you make isk?" question.  But "I'm a retired lawyer IRL and have gobs of money so I don't even have to work" is a great answer.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

I'd say they should probably get more SP and come back then Isis. A 5 mil SP character is not going to be able to support the fits their fleet probably uses and it looks like their ship doctrine is rather well established. Let them have their fun, PRETA isn't dead and is still taking newer players afaik. Its a pvp corporation that happens to roleplay, not a roleplay corporation that PVPs. they're not trying to facilitate Angel roleplay, they're trying to shoot spaceships in lowsec.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain

[mod]Derailment of recruiting thread. Feel free to discuss skillpoint limits and PvP approaches in General Non-RP Eve discussion [/mod]
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.