Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Achura has been part of the State for three centuries? For more, read here.

Author Topic: Resignation  (Read 1183 times)

Dewgong

• The Seacow
  • Clonejack
Resignation
« on: 05 May 2010, 22:57 »

No Opening Comment

------------------------

As I approached the desk with my forms filled out on one of the facility's data pads, I reached into my pocket and pulled out a small container.  It was thin and very light.  It had been some time since I was given it, back when I first joined up.  I don't believe new members get these in today's times.  Back then, we were smaller...among other things.  I handed the data pad over to the clerk as she stood behind the counter top, she seemed to quickly skim it to make sure nothing was out of place.

"You're good to go sir, we'll notify you upon completion." she stated after walking back and storing the data pad away.

I sort of stared blankly at her...well, not at her, past her....I don't know, I was rather zoned out.  However, I said my thanks reluctantly and turned and walked out, still holding the small container.

I remember when I first joined...it was right after Empress Jamyl took the throne.  We were very small back then, but we all got along and quickly developed strong bonds, of which most of us still have today.  We had fun, helping to do our part in keeping the Empire safe from criminals, Sansha and Blood Raider bases were ravaged time after time again.

Then we set out into lawless space.  Ah yes, I do recall those first few times....

Without thinking or being aware of it, I had opened that case.  Inside were two pins and a photo.  I was inadvertently gazing upon them, unable to turn my eyes elsewhere.  For over the past year and a half, I had been committed and dedicated to these pins.  On the left was the Emblem of the Legion, our coat of arms, our embodiment.  It meant several things to others, but amongst the most important for me, it meant family.  On the right, was the Phoenix.  The golden sharp wings and tail, with the red shield for the body.  Through this, the entire corp, myself among the most, we did everything we could to support it.  We toiled towards the objectives, not really saying much.

I began to remember back, when it all started and as much as I could recall up until this point.  This point in which I feel like I've crushed not only myself, but others.  Looking at the photo of all of us, remembering faces still around and those long gone.  Stories shared, fellow warriors in battle.  People of whom I still trust to watch my back and I'd trust my life to.

Yet, it has come to this.

I stood in front of a wall, in which it was covered in pins.  Some old, some relatively new, all shapes and sizes, colors and designs.  I looked up and down as I walked down the long wall in one of the main areas of the station.  Alliances long since gone, and ones that are yet to be in any power.  There was one thing I noticed however, is that it was missing a couple...

I looked at the opened case in my hand and then looked up and then slowly took them form the case and pushed them into the board on the wall.  I took a few steps back and saw them begin to blend in with the others.  After putting the case back into my pocket, I snapped to attention and rendered one last pass of respect.  While I saluted, I couldn't help but feel a lone tear roll down my cheek, as much as I tried to hold it in.  Now I understood a great deal about why some stations have walls like these.  It only began to make a bit more sense as I walked towards my rented quarters at this station.

"May they all fly safe...FCON Victor..."

- Excerpts from Dewgong's Logs

------------------------

While I'm sure some believe my actions were of bad intent from the start, it is quite the opposite.  After seeing the response tonight, I can safely say that part of what I had hoped to accomplish was in fact, accomplished.  That being said, it has cost me what I have come to hold dearest to myself here in New Eden.  My friends and 'family' I have met and gotten to known over the past year and a half.  I do not wish to leave on anything but good terms, but I will not try to convince people if they say otherwise.  Either way, it's been one hell of a time and I'd not trade any bit of it for the world.  I only hope that everything I've contributed, in materials, support, training, etc is put to good use.  If not, then I have wasted a lot on so little.  Man, this really kind of tears you up a bit inside....

\o Fly Safe

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Re: Resignation
« Reply #1 on: 07 May 2010, 12:29 »

That's... well, somewhat generic, it's a very nice rendition of resigning from a long-time corporation. I'm impressed. Good work.