Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Lonetrek dialect of the Caldari language is sometimes called the "throat infection" dialect?

Author Topic: CSM seeking feedback about EVE.  (Read 3742 times)

Avalloc

• Clonejack
CSM seeking feedback about EVE.
« on: 05 May 2010, 21:34 »

Hello,

I'm Avalloc a previous member of the Council of Stellar Management. I'm not sure if you know about the CSM but we are a group of individuals tasked with bringing the desires of the players of EVE Online directly to CCP. We're elected by the very players we represent. I'm contacting you looking for feedback on areas of EVE that need improvement. Or anything else this Community wishes to tell CCP. See, the CSM serves a vital role in the fact we have a direct line to the Developers.

Why am I asking? I'm running for CSM5 and want to see what I can do to represent what the Backstage Community wants. I pride myself on my ability to listen to the community and bring up issues with CCP that truly matter to the players, their customers. You can read more about my campaign at http://www.avalloc.net and I'd appreciate your vote on May 5th when election begins. I have previously served as a full voting member of CSM3 and made over 20 proposals to better the game. So I've shown I can get results.

I welcome you to contact me if you have any questions. I also have a public channel setup at: Avalloc4CSM. Thank you for your time.

-Avalloc

My web site has a wealth of information about my campaign and ideas. You can also find my campaign thread on the EVEO forum.

I'm also running a promotion via my web site where players can win Plex(s) for asking CSM candidates questions.

IzzyChan

• Omelette
  • 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat
    • IzzyBlog
Re: CSM seeking feedback about EVE.
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2010, 12:14 »

So did you register here to discuss internet spaceship stuff with us or is this a one night stand just to promote your election? :D

Avalloc

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2010, 12:19 »

So did you register here to discuss internet spaceship stuff with us or is this a one night stand just to promote your election? :D

See? You called me and I came back, baby. It wasn't a one night stand because I dig you and want to see where things lead.

I was hoping some feedback would be posted which I could respond to. ;)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #3 on: 10 May 2010, 13:17 »

Well, I can't speak for the Backstage community, but I have some wishes and desires myself, even though they've probably been said a hundred times on the suggestion forums by others. Ranging from making the sound-engine less resource-hogging, to better RP community options. Still... the thing is, none of them are vital or fully-formed enough to warrant being full-sized suggestions or wants. They're too... basic and undefined.

So I fear I can't help you much there, really.

Avalloc

• Clonejack
« Reply #4 on: 10 May 2010, 13:26 »

Mizhara, your response is exactly why I'm reaching out beyond the official forums. I believe in making myself available through numerous means of communication. The EVEO forum threads can scroll past two quickly and not see a reply, which can leave a person feeling like there is no point speaking out because it'll get missed or ignored. Hopefully I'll get re-elected and if I do there will be threads on numerous forums other than EVEO where the community can engage me with their ideas and complaints. Not to mention my own web site blog will carry updates on what I'm doing during the term as CSM. We're supposed to be there for the community and I'll be taking that responsibility seriously.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #5 on: 10 May 2010, 14:05 »

I'll be keeping an eye on you and your... competition. A vote will be in once I decide which one would represent us best. So far, you're one of the few that's specifically come to the RP community. Still... it remains to be seen whether you'd be representative of that, heheh.

Come discuss intarwebz spaceships and the RP within on the other forum sections too. We'll get a better view of you that way.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #6 on: 10 May 2010, 17:07 »

I appreciate your efforts here, and if you're elected, I hope you continue to maintain a presence. (Actually, I hope you do even if you're not.)

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #7 on: 10 May 2010, 20:43 »

So...

I am running a corp that is attempting to be a profit making venture, yet the tools for actually building a company (instead of an internet spaceship guild) and even corp/guild management are lacking.

I would like to see an expansion that focuses on corporations and giving players more reasons to be in one.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #8 on: 15 May 2010, 15:01 »

What I would like, is for structures in misssions, FW plexes, exploration plexes, even static sites, to drop loot.

Not loot that is useable to build ships/modules, or to sell to npcs, or for any purpose.

Just things whose only value is that which players put on them.

A lot of these things, which already exist in the item database, don't appear anywhere ingame.
Things like Dolls, Miniature Slavers, Corpses, Starcakes, Wine, and all sorts of other things, which could be used for people to roleplay with.

It would be nice.
\o/

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 15 May 2010, 15:27 »

Dolls are in-game...

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #10 on: 15 May 2010, 15:48 »

gah, this is what happens when you alter things by moving sentences around!

but yeah, dolls exist ingame, but a lot of other stuff doesn't, and I think it would be \o/ to have them appear in reasonable quantities ingame.
\o/

Saxon Hawke

• Omelette
    • Free Intaki
« Reply #11 on: 17 May 2010, 11:53 »

What I would like, is for structures in misssions, FW plexes, exploration plexes, even static sites, to drop loot.

Perhaps I am losing my damn mind, but I seem to remember that structures did drop loot at one time. At least structures where you would expect to find things (bunkers, etc.) But I haven't been a mission runner for a long time.

As for the OP, we (or at least the the people I interact with) want more PF dammit! A chronicle here and there are nice, but we'd like to have more information about basic things like: the nature and history of the Intaki Assembly, a list of actively serving Federation Senators, the names of Supreme Court justices, etc.

Zuzanna Alondra

• Omelette
« Reply #12 on: 19 May 2010, 22:46 »

I have had a few suggestions in the past - one of which I actually was brave enough to post and collect over a hundred different RP'ers "sigs" on.

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1244002&page=6

I am delighted to see the higher ups giving love to us RP'ers.  Much appreciated.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #13 on: 20 May 2010, 06:02 »

A few posts followed by a disappearance... just what I feared. Guess we'll know next week.

Avalloc

• Clonejack
« Reply #14 on: 20 May 2010, 12:24 »

I'm still here. :)

There have been a few good ideas expressed and should I land a spot on CSM I will be working with the roleplaying community to see that they have a voice on Council.

If I didn't win? Well, I'm still going to pass the feedback on to someone on the CSM in hopes they'll see to it.