Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Khanid and Sansha ships were originally half lasers half missiles split ships?

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Blocking People!  (Read 5060 times)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Re: Blocking People!
« Reply #15 on: 22 Feb 2013, 10:00 »

the implementation, and apparently widespread use, of a block function on chatsubo may or may not have hastened the end. It wasn't all that long after it was implemented that things seemed to kind of peter out.  :ugh:
\o/

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #16 on: 22 Feb 2013, 13:03 »

the implementation, and apparently widespread use, of a block function on chatsubo may or may not have hastened the end. It wasn't all that long after it was implemented that things seemed to kind of peter out.  :ugh:

I would wager that it's only needed in rather extreme cases here. From what I keep hearing of Chatsubo, that place was a nightmare.

Khloe

• Silent Watcher
  • Egger
« Reply #17 on: 22 Feb 2013, 13:50 »

The concept of Chatsubo, a neutral forum for roleplayers to get together in EVE and discuss rp topics, collaborate, and discuss current events was a good one, and one reason that Backstage remains a useful environment. However, the discussion of current events, and the realization that the bitching session forum could be used to vent personal grievances about other players 'doing it wrong' made the environment more popular as an OOC battleground/propaganda zone rather than the constructive/cooperative elements it was designed for. Removal of the bitching forum didn't stop this behavior, which eventually spilled over into all other areas of the forum resulting in many individuals giving up on the forum altogether. Although some attempt was made at rebuilding after the calamity with greater moderation enforcement, the damage had already been done. Those seeking collaborative contribution had vowed never to return, and now the culprits in the Great Chatsubo Forum Wars were also not welcome either, resulting in no one wanting to use the forums at all.

So no, blocking people isn't the problem so long as there are still individuals who want to contribute, collaborate, and discuss.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #18 on: 22 Feb 2013, 14:20 »

Halp, I blocked everyone and now I am blind.

WHERE AM I?!

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #19 on: 22 Feb 2013, 14:28 »

Halp, I blocked everyone and now I am blind.

WHERE AM I?!

You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike.
>
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #20 on: 22 Feb 2013, 14:32 »

Go North
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #21 on: 22 Feb 2013, 15:32 »

You encounter a Dreaded Space Lesbian that is hovering over a young village girl. What do you do?
>

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #22 on: 22 Feb 2013, 15:46 »

> Hide in bush, watch

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #23 on: 27 Feb 2013, 10:10 »

whose, mittara's?

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #24 on: 27 Feb 2013, 17:58 »

whose, mittara's?
That was just so wrong.... LOL!
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Alizabeth

• Egger
« Reply #25 on: 27 Feb 2013, 18:36 »

I had to do a bit of eve history research for an article.  I have to say, reading Chatsubo was fun and entertaining. 

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #26 on: 28 Feb 2013, 02:14 »

There is a lot of good stuff on chatsubo, but it got overshadowed by other things.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #27 on: 28 Feb 2013, 10:42 »

Yup. I liked it a lot when I was there, even with all the bad things happening. In fact, I went looking for it when I rejoined the game, just to see it was empty.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #28 on: 02 Mar 2013, 16:27 »

There is a lot of good stuff on chatsubo, but it got overshadowed by other things.

The good stuff was all in the bitching section tbh. :P

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #29 on: 04 Mar 2013, 10:37 »

And here I thought half that site was me and Jade encouraging each other to eat a gun.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!
Pages: 1 [2] 3