Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You fly your ship from inside a pod, not from a bridge?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Interest check: unaligned DUST merc corp  (Read 8065 times)

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
Interest check: unaligned DUST merc corp
« on: 27 Jan 2013, 11:20 »

So, right now Tarquin is comfortably ensconced at SYNE. This is excellent, generally, but SYNE (like virtually all RP corporations) doesn't really focus on mercenary work in general or DUST in particular.

Those of you who have played DUST will have some idea how important grouping up is going to be. At the low end, DUST can be played individually. The higher levels, however, require coordinated teamwork, and that's something that's likely to require specialized corporate structures.

Loyalists of the various factions have their places pretty much ready-made for them, but why should they get to have all the fun?

What I've got in mind:

* Unaligned corporation. No national loyalties. Mercs working for the highest bidder, straight up. Political "leanings" may develop, but should be allowed to grow organically. I personally like the idea of a relationship with SYNE, but that may have something to do with my history there.

* Specific DUST 514 focus. May end up allying with appropriate capsuleer organizations, but focused primarily on building a badass DUST unit.

* Maximum immersion. IC corp chat. Possibly IC voice comms; it's easier than it sounds, and easier in DUST than it is in Eve. Come on, who hasn't wanted to play a smack-talkin' marine preparing for battle (shades of "Aliens")?

* Strong, disciplined, organized play style suited to corp-level contracts rather than public matches. Again, this is easier in DUST than in Eve. DUST is both more intuitive and more immersive.

The rest should develop pretty much on its own.

One thing I need to be clear on: this isn't something I'm personally prepared to run. DUST is my vacation space; I need to have my organizational skills and so on focused on RL. Besides, Tarquin would not make a very good boss. I'm tossing this out in hopes of sparking interest and hopefully catching the attention of a few venturesome volunteers.

Any takers?

Matoko

• Wetgraver
Re: Interest check: unaligned DUST merc corp
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jan 2013, 11:24 »

Really sounds like something I could sink my teeth into, really. All the more of a shame I have no PS3, and thus no DUST. Sorry. :-(

Still, best of luck to ya.

Techie Kanenald

• Egger
  • Beagle
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jan 2013, 11:43 »

Matoko, you're free to use mine if you want.

As to the point at hand, you have another interested party here.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 27 Jan 2013, 23:00 »

Interest is good. Techie, perhaps you'd be willing to float the idea to a few others?

I'll see about doing the same.

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jan 2013, 05:40 »

I've been mucking about with DUST a bit since it went into open beta, though I've stayed away from roleplay or even really chatting with people so far. The main reason for that is probably that the RP options available don't really relate to the game I'm playing at all - It's all Capsuleers doing Capsuleer Things.

Something like this could maybe pull me in a little deeper. I admit that I can't imagine the game as much more then an idle distraction without some proper co-operative play, so it could help in that regard, as well.

One thing, though - I don't think I could roleplay over voice chat. My voice is far too soft and waify for me to pretend to be any sort of badass space marine, and I'm sure many people would have similar problems. ...Which doesn't leave many options for RP during actual gameplay at all, I suppose. Hmm.

Techie Kanenald

• Egger
  • Beagle
« Reply #5 on: 28 Jan 2013, 07:14 »

My only problem with DUST so far is that my hands are not set up to play it.  It's why I'm waiting for PvE to come out, hopefully the AI will allow me to stay put and shoot, like they show in the trailers.

Also folks would have to understand I'd probably be running two things, as I have a Techno-Paladin really wanting to get out. (Amarr, True Faith, not really fun to be around...as far as I can tell)

And who's to say the soft and waify voice doesn't hold the biggest gun?  I love breaking stereotypes like that!
« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2013, 07:17 by Techie Kanenald »

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #6 on: 28 Jan 2013, 11:06 »

May not be exactly what you're looking for, but I do have Aggressive Behaviour [BHAVE] set up as a sister-corp to Kitzless, but no real players or leadership for it. I'd be happy to put it in the hands of some driven roleplayers if people are interested.

Kitzless is absolutely unaligned. Association with the Society is of course a given, but we're not technically loyal to them. We're also collaborative with SYNE (Project GARDEN is not dead, but dreaming!) but not explicitly hostile to the Nation either. Alignments are fluid things in the search for enlightenment, and BHAVE could definitely be given free reign to strike its own bargains and contracts.

:bear:

Joh

• I jam stations.
  • Clonejack
  • Kick the tires and light the fires.
« Reply #7 on: 21 Mar 2013, 20:36 »

Got a Dustbunny with quite a few SP here. I play alone mostly, which sucks tbh. It would be nice to have people to team up with especially during an event like Cald prime. So I'm down to join someones corp, not so sure about running one though.
-=  Forever in the future shall I battle as of yore. Dying to be born a fighter, but to die again once more.=-

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #8 on: 22 Mar 2013, 04:44 »

I'm hopefully getting my hands on a ps3 in the next week or so. I will be terrible at Dust, but I'm certainly willing to have a go :)

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #9 on: 22 Mar 2013, 05:57 »

I finally created a DUST character last night.  Created it, poked at menu screens, despaired at figuring things out -- in short, it was very like my first day in EVE.   :)

Reyd Karris

« Reply #10 on: 26 Mar 2013, 23:53 »

Excuse me Sir, but is this going to be another bug hunt?  :twisted:

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #11 on: 31 Mar 2013, 05:12 »

As proud new owner of a ps3, as soon as I get it all hooked up I will be installing Dust :D Not sure how much playing time I will have at this point, as the period coming up to summer is pretty busy for me, but I'll be on when I can.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Jocca Quinn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #12 on: 31 Mar 2013, 07:34 »

My only problem with DUST so far is that my hands are not set up to play it.  It's why I'm waiting for PvE to come out, hopefully the AI will allow me to stay put and shoot, like they show in the trailers.

Keyboard and mouse make this game soooo much more playable.

Also the "stay put and shoot" style can/does work .. search the Dust forums for "redline sniper".  What is even better is that style of playing seems to cause a great deal of rage / grief amongst the "hardcore/elite" fps people.

I love it  :twisted:

Techie Kanenald

• Egger
  • Beagle
« Reply #13 on: 22 Apr 2013, 06:39 »

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you on that, I'll have to look up the redline tactic!

As for the corp...is there still interest folks?

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #14 on: 22 Apr 2013, 17:08 »

*Wishes she had PS3* :/
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events
Pages: [1] 2