Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that non-capsuleer viewership of the Intergalactic Summit reaches into the hundreds of millions and vehement debates rage within planetary communities based on the positions espoused there by capsuleers.

Author Topic: [DX4] Daedalus X ...an Alternative Reality  (Read 2542 times)

Tomahawk Bliss

• Cut Yo' Face
  • Clonejack
[DX4] Daedalus X ...an Alternative Reality
« on: 04 May 2010, 03:29 »

New Outpost
Battle of Space and Freedom
DX4 in the News

" History does not teach fatalism. There are moments when the will of a handful of free men breaks through determinism and opens up new roads."
~Charles de Gaulle

Daedalus X is a positive atmosphere pvp-focused Corporation devoted to conducting wars and campaigns of glorious violence against political opponents that seek to dictate territorial claims at the expense of free trade and self-determination. As Free Captains our pilots are required to stand as a beacon against tyranny.

Daedalus X was formed from the burnt remains of a despotic corporation and rebuilt on the principles of equality, acceptance and the ruthless prosecution of combat.  We are now members of The Star Fraction and as with our previous membership in the Providence Block we maintain a strict NRDS rule of engagement, which is at the heart of our ideology.   Daedalus X pilots represent a wide range of disciplines but each is required to wage mercilessly crushing violence upon those who stand against us while simultaneously respecting neutrality and encouraging free-trade and economic development on the frontier.

We are now opening recruitment to mature and confident individual pilots with an appetite for controlled mayhem visited upon the hulls of our enemies. You must be self-sufficient and able to maintain combat readiness. You must be prepared to learn our techniques and tactics. You must be able to operate in conjunction with corp mates and alliances mates.

Our Current Theater is in and around Providence where we declare war on opposition targets, assault enemy assets, build outposts, forward FreeTrade and support the movements of allied forces while assaulting those who would inhibit our FreeSpace ideology.

Check List for Potential Recruits:

1. Must be aware and comfortable with the ideology of the corporation.
2. Must be well-spoken and responsible with a mature outlook on the game of Eve.
3. Must be prepared to dedicate yourself to the struggle, be active in combat and team-orientated above all else.
4. Must be economically self-sufficient, able to commit to maintaining a ready combat fleet of appropriately fitted ships and be flexible on training priorities and requirements and have 5 million skillpoints minimum.
5. Applicants must be 18 or older at the time of application.
6. Must have Ventrillo voice communications software installed and working and complete a mike check as part of the interview process.
7. Must give a commitment to strictly follow the Star Fraction engagement ideology ROE (rules of engagement) – we do not fire upon neutrals unless fired upon and may only fire first on other targets marked -10 on our alliance standings list.

If the interview is successful you will be invited to trial with Daedalus X during which you make yourself available for combat patrols and alliance musters and you’ll be expected to maintain a minimum reship standard of ecm-drone speed cruisers at the operations Outpost (details will be provided). Assuming all goes well you’ll be offered full membership on completion of a successful trial.

Contact Icarus3 or Tomahawk Bliss via the EVE mail system

Or head to the alliance forums:

http://www.jericho-fraction.net/smf/index.php/board,2.0.html

Or stop by “Daedalus X Public” or “Star Fraction Public” chat channels

*Daedalus X is a proud supporter of minority communities

“Power is a tool to be used not an idol to be worshiped.” – Jade Constantine, Executor, Star Fraction

Tomahawk Bliss

• Cut Yo' Face
  • Clonejack
Re: [DX4] Daedalus X ...an Alternative Reality
« Reply #1 on: 04 May 2010, 03:36 »

RP Specifics are available ingame with a bit of effort.  We aren't trying to build a commnity, the role-play is for our enjoyment and benefit. 

I will say there is a flavor in Genetics, Drugs, lack of morality about Concord law.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #2 on: 04 May 2010, 03:49 »

Welcome to Backstage. But one question here. You say that NRDS is at the core of your ideology... but I've seen plenty of rumblings from core pilots about preferring NBSI. Have those things all been OoC? (I know the OoC/IC line gets blurry at times in some channels, so I'm unsure here.)

Koronakesh

« Reply #3 on: 04 May 2010, 22:17 »

Wa-heyyyy, what's going on here?  :bear:

@Mizhara: Doesn't really matter what those rumors contain. NRDS is what we do, regardless of individual pilot preferences.

Darveses

• Wetgraver
« Reply #4 on: 05 May 2010, 10:35 »

Well, Miz, as Koro said.

If people say something on vent, it's usually OOC. If people write something in ingame chats, without IC/OOC notification, it's usually considered whatever suits the party.

In the end, in this specific instance, it doesn't matter. Even if some of our people prefer NBSI OOC, and even if some of our people do it IC - what do you hope to gain from it?

"We didn't want that NRDS anyway #2"?
We already had that discussion, and some ICly interpreted OOC comments won't change the outcome if you start it again.

To answer your question though: Yes, some of us indeed do prefer NBSI. And I'm even inclined to believe some of our IC characters wouldn't be reluctant of more targets - but as long as we don't run around shooting neutrals and cackling "haha, thought we're NRDS, didn't ya?" in local, it doesn't make any kind of difference.

On topic: best community I've been a part of in the last 5 years of online gaming :yar:

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 05 May 2010, 14:04 »

Doesn't make a difference no. And I'd appreciate it if this wasn't construed as some sort of attack, it was merely a legitimate question. Since some things have been said in channels I assumed was In Character, that is.

Helps to know, is all.

Good luck in the future. Dx4's got some wicked stuff behind them, and probably even better stuff ahead.

Darveses

• Wetgraver
« Reply #6 on: 05 May 2010, 16:13 »

Doesn't make a difference no. And I'd appreciate it if this wasn't construed as some sort of attack, it was merely a legitimate question. Since some things have been said in channels I assumed was In Character, that is.

Helps to know, is all.

Alrighty then^^

Also, please check your PNs in a minute.
edit: nvm, koro already told you ^.^

Tomahawk Bliss

• Cut Yo' Face
  • Clonejack
« Reply #7 on: 05 May 2010, 16:21 »

Poking me about my views  on NBSI/NRDS/NPSI and trying to link that to actual Corp Policy I respectfully suggest be moved to a general forum not a recruit/development thread.  I think it is a bad precedent to allow such things and as has already shown merely propagates arguments.

i will agree to answer the implication of corp hypocrisy made by the comment, but not in a recruit/development thread.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 05 May 2010, 19:36 »

It was not implying corp hypocrisy. It was just a question of whether or not these things heard in IC channels were actually meant IC. No more. No less.