Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That docked cruisers are held in place with massive clamps on strategic support sections of the ship, and are disengaged with incendiary explosives? (The Burning Life p. 75)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program  (Read 11308 times)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Re: Kerbal Space Program
« Reply #60 on: 17 Apr 2014, 19:00 »

I finally sat down and set up a quick rendezvous with a class B asteroid to see how much pushing power I'd need to attempt a capture:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Turns out I need a lot more delta-V, and an engine configuration that can pull! Unfortunately Infernal Robotics isn't working with 0.23.5, so I can't put a ship together with engines that flip around 180 degrees. I've got about 80 Kerbin days to get another (more suitable) craft out and redirect the thing.

Mount a second set of forward facing engines on your pulling stage. Keep them shutdown until you need them, and activate them using an action group that simultaneously shuts down the rear-facing (regular) engine block. Congrats. Now you have a reverse gear for your rocket.

I recommend these, facing forward:

Nissui

« Reply #61 on: 13 May 2014, 00:46 »

My brother just gave me this game as a gift on Steam. So far I have put in about 2 hours, but have been unable to get a circular orbit under 200km around Mun.

Still trying to complete training.  :ugh:

Jekaterine

• Like the wind
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
  • Wandering the halls of Chatsubo
« Reply #62 on: 13 May 2014, 02:22 »

My brother just gave me this game as a gift on Steam. So far I have put in about 2 hours, but have been unable to get a circular orbit under 200km around Mun.

Still trying to complete training.  :ugh:

Add more rockets for greater thrust. It's the number one rule. Some claim that it sometimeonly achieves the goal of making things explode.

My answer to them is:
Your point is?
Quote from: Ciarente the beatific, patron saint of moderators big and small
ban ban ban

Joshua Foiritain

• Serpentis Loyalist
  • Wetgraver
    • Coreli Corporation Mainframe
« Reply #63 on: 13 May 2014, 06:32 »

In rockets we thrust? :)

potatoed via terpadalk

Alain Kinsella

• The Planet Miner
  • Clonejack
    • The Kind Healer
« Reply #64 on: 24 May 2014, 08:22 »

Morning all,

For those who have not heard yet, 0.24 has been held up.  Testing the features they had put in so far (Contracts) had them realize they needed certain features planned for 0.25 (Budgeting) to make it really work.

Link to their announcement:  http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/content/279-0-24-Update-Update

As for myself, I bought it on Steam a little while ago, and occasionally poke at it.  Nowadays I mostly follow the KSPTV stream on Twitch, mostly Friday evenings.  I also follow Scott's Youtube for his Interstellar Quest, as well as 4kbshort's for Kerbal Space Adventures (though 4kb also puts up a lot of other interesting games in Lets Play format - So far I have two of those queued up on Steam now :evil: ).

--A_K

PS - I also heard that Kerbal SpacePort will be taken down early next week.  So any downloading from there may want to be done ASAP.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #65 on: 18 Jul 2014, 18:29 »

0.24 is released...

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #66 on: 27 Apr 2015, 22:23 »

1.0 released.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #67 on: 06 May 2015, 09:46 »

1.0 released.

And it ate my weekend. And if I didn't have work and night classes, it would have eaten the days since. And if I didn't have other obligations, it would probably eat the coming weekend too.

Seriously, this game is the void into which time is sucked and never seen again.

Mizhir

• Egger
  • Vherocool
« Reply #68 on: 06 May 2015, 12:44 »

I don't dare to start on that game again unless I know I will have 30 hours per day. Such a time consumer :P

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #69 on: 06 May 2015, 13:19 »

Yeah their 'warp to next day' feature left me staring blearily at the screen in confusion as the sun rose outside.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]