Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the Battle of Tears, between Minmatar and Ammatar forces in YC102, was one of the highest casualty battles ever fought in New Eden.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44

Author Topic: Star Citizen - from the producer of Wing Commander  (Read 101365 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: Star Citizen - from the producer of Wing Commander
« Reply #105 on: 29 May 2014, 07:34 »

V.08 of the first multiplayer alpha was just pushed back a few days, so they missed their big internal deadline for today.

It certainly has the appearance of a legitimate delay, but then again maybe Roberts wants a few more days in the Caribbean counting his giant stacks of money :P

I'll do a writeup as soon as its released and I've taken some ships for a spin!

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #106 on: 29 May 2014, 10:02 »

Doesn't bother me too much since my net is over cap for this month so I won't be able to DL until June anyway.

Though yet another delay is certainly not a positive thing for their reputation.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #107 on: 29 May 2014, 12:42 »

Doesn't bother me too much since my net is over cap for this month so I won't be able to DL until June anyway.

Though yet another delay is certainly not a positive thing for their reputation.

Ironically the same week they passed $44 million in pledge money.  It's like the more delays and fails the more people open their wallets.

I need to start a kickstarter, damnit.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #108 on: 30 May 2014, 07:33 »

The smug radiating off Mittens.com is palpable.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #109 on: 03 Jun 2014, 04:51 »

Ironically the same week they passed $44 million in pledge money.  It's like the more delays and fails the more people open their wallets.

I need to start a kickstarter, damnit.

Gee.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #110 on: 03 Jun 2014, 08:55 »

From my end of things, I'm watching SC closely but not making any certain decisions yet. I've not donated anything and don't intend to until I can make a valid judgement on the ultimate fate of the game, which essentially means waiting not just for the core components but for the whole game to mature a little bit.

Their concepts look amazing, but (like many others) I am going to hold off on how close they can get the final results to concept (let alone how functional and bug-free it can be done) before I even commit to playing the game, let alone donating early.

Besides, my computer probably couldn't handle it anyway, so early releases don't help me much anyhow.  :P
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #111 on: 03 Jun 2014, 12:20 »

SC folks on pins and needles at the multiplayer demo (that was supposed to be out last week) was pushed back a few days and we are waiting for it to be uploaded so we can download it....

Long story short us backers should be pew-pewing each other probably in the next 24 hours with some reasonable certainty.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #112 on: 03 Jun 2014, 14:38 »

SC folks on pins and needles at the multiplayer demo (that was supposed to be out last week) was pushed back a few days and we are waiting for it to be uploaded so we can download it....

Long story short us backers should be pew-pewing each other probably in the next 24 hours with some reasonable certainty.

For your sakes, I hope so.. but this all sort of reminds me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yop62wQH498

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #113 on: 03 Jun 2014, 23:24 »

We've gone another day with a delay, so I made this Hitler Meme video and uploaded it to the SC forums and chatrooms.

Very, very good times followed :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtHg4oRvVVU

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #114 on: 04 Jun 2014, 02:03 »

Heh, one of my org-members posted a link to it on our shoutbox. I also sent you a wave on the RSI board.

And ugh, apparently AC is a 10gig download. >.<

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #115 on: 04 Jun 2014, 05:04 »

Will there be Kilrathi?

Looking at SC though I can probably see it occupying the same gaming slot as I have set for WoT and in future probably World of Warships. Casual pew pew in another game when Eve begins to shit me immensely. It doesn't really strike me as open world as other MMO's though.

PracticalTechnicality

« Reply #116 on: 04 Jun 2014, 05:57 »

Will there be Kilrathi?

Looking at SC though I can probably see it occupying the same gaming slot as I have set for WoT and in future probably World of Warships. Casual pew pew in another game when Eve begins to shit me immensely. It doesn't really strike me as open world as other MMO's though.

Elite Dangerous is doing the same job for me, but if Star Citizen delivers, it will most likely fill that similar niche very nicely. 

E:D has pretty much replaced pvp for me atm, though EVE still offers a lot of the macro-scale industry I enjoy in my games.  I needed more variety in my gaming anyhow!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #117 on: 04 Jun 2014, 06:05 »

If it can deliver as much as War Thunder delivered to me in terms of played hours, couldn't ask for anything better... I hope their simulation will be up to the challenge.

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #118 on: 04 Jun 2014, 06:19 »

Also is it just me or does Chris Roberts strike anyone else as having some kind of messiah complex to save PC gaming?

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #119 on: 04 Jun 2014, 06:22 »

I'm not sure if it's Roberts who does or just his staff/fans.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44