Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That there are minmatar who willingly serve the Amarr empire? More here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 44

Author Topic: Star Citizen - from the producer of Wing Commander  (Read 101370 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: Star Citizen - from the producer of Wing Commander
« Reply #15 on: 17 Nov 2012, 13:34 »

This is a big deal, they've reached more than $4 million in crowd funding.

This game is happening.

http://games.slashdot.org/story/12/11/17/1656236/star-citizen-takes-the-crowdfunding-crown-raising-more-than-4m

Lyn Farel

« Reply #16 on: 17 Nov 2012, 18:31 »

\o/

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #17 on: 18 Nov 2012, 16:02 »

4.8 mil so far, their site is getting so much traffic that it crashed again. They might actually hit that 5.5 mil mark. So far, I'm only in for the freelancer, but very very tempted to grab an extra ship or two.

Wishing i'd gotten my MWO refund so I could dump it in here, but who knows, maybe MWO will turn out to be worth it.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #18 on: 18 Nov 2012, 17:14 »

Will the ships offered here be available to everybody once the game is released or are they unique models for backers ?

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #19 on: 19 Nov 2012, 08:43 »

Will the ships offered here be available to everybody once the game is released or are they unique models for backers ?

the V-something fighter ($300) is only for backers, the rest will be available in game for in game currency. Getting them now includes lifetime insurance (so you'll always have them) and titles and stuff. But mostly isn't just an excuse to throw money at them and get something shiny back.

I may have spent more on this than I should have. Oh well.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #20 on: 19 Nov 2012, 13:14 »

So the funding campaign just ended. Their original target was 2 mil.

Instead, they just blew the old crowdfunding record (4.2 mil) out of the water and set a new one at $6,228,368 .

This game is gonna happen. Fuck yes.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #21 on: 19 Nov 2012, 14:19 »

Oh ok. Well I guess I will have an insured Aurora noob thing that will probably cost almost no ingame money anyway.  :P

But I backed the project in the early hours so fuck yeah.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #22 on: 26 Nov 2012, 13:17 »

So we'll have this and Elite to look forward to. I think Elite will have lesser production values but still more is better. Elite will rely on procedural generation and will have open world as singleplayer, while Star Citizen will only have 60 system open world (with more added) on multiplayer.

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
« Reply #23 on: 26 Nov 2012, 19:41 »

Well... this could mean I never need to think about coming back to Eve for my spacing fix. It could also mean I devote my entire life to the game in turn. Of course, they could catastrophically fail as well. Like a friend of mine wrote regarding this, there are two tragedies in life: 1) not getting what you want and 2) getting what you want.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #24 on: 29 Aug 2013, 07:07 »

Necroing the shit out of this because the hangar module is supposed to launch today. Lots of progress has been made on the game, the various videos they've released look really slick.

I'm feeling very optimistic about it. Can it be 2015 yet?

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #25 on: 29 Aug 2013, 08:27 »

Is very sad that I did not hear of this till...well now.
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #26 on: 29 Aug 2013, 09:28 »

Been living under a rock?  :P

Yeah, lots of awesome going on. CR saw how much money they were raising and decided to scap plans to get outside investment. Instead they're going to try to raise the entire $25 million or so that they need via crowdfunding. They hit $16 mil last week and are well on their way to 17 already. Kinda scary.

This is setting itself up to be the biggest, most massive disappointment in the history of gaming if it doesn't work out. Hell, even if it does work out, it will almost certainly fall short of the hype.

None the less, I'm excited (and significantly poorer as a result). The devs seem highly competent and very good at communicating with the community.

Contrast this with, say, PGI, and lol.

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #27 on: 29 Aug 2013, 09:46 »

Yeah...just checked out the site and looked around at stuff and I may have...purchased a package.

It does look quite cool.
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #28 on: 29 Aug 2013, 09:59 »

Let me know if you're interested in getting LTI on that package.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #29 on: 29 Aug 2013, 13:08 »

This is setting itself up to be the biggest, most massive disappointment in the history of gaming if it doesn't work out. Hell, even if it does work out, it will almost certainly fall short of the hype.

sadly it will

Roberts spent a fortune on WC3 and WC4, and even if both games were regarded as ground breaking (in technology terms) many WC-fans regard them as less succesful than the first 2 in the series.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 44