Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the DED and the Sisters of EVE cooperate on audits of megacorps? (The Burning Life p 35)

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 44

Author Topic: Star Citizen - from the producer of Wing Commander  (Read 101327 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: Star Citizen - from the producer of Wing Commander
« Reply #570 on: 20 Nov 2015, 10:46 »

I uh... like the ideas they have for all those repairs/mining/etc stuff, but sometimes I just feel like it's starting to get obnoxiously complex and might eventually detract on fun overall.

I am pretty sure that QA will tell them to slowly dumb it down / simply it a bit, and they will eventually.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #571 on: 20 Nov 2015, 14:36 »

Bad link earlier, just this now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhksNNhxRjs

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #572 on: 30 Nov 2015, 13:22 »

We about to hit $100 mil, yo.

Anyway here's a little video showing some early 'mission' gameplay in the current sandbox release, one of the basic 'travel to x, pew pew people, EVA and do some first person stuff' sort of gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQYL802BSjk

This new build is getting patches every few days, getting much much more stable.  I think they are up to 50k testers on their version of SiSi.

Also for kicks here's a great screencap for one of the planetside cities you can run around in right now:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #573 on: 04 Dec 2015, 19:07 »

http://www.yourgameideaistoobig.com/

I ticked the boxes that I thought applied to Star Citizen, it came out with a price tag of over a billion.  :eek:
\o/

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #574 on: 05 Dec 2015, 12:31 »

Holy bejezeballs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf4zCCjBwOA

So yea about 40-50k playing this right now on SC's version of SISI. I'ma bit further down the invite list but I should get access pretty soon :)

Lyn Farel

« Reply #575 on: 05 Dec 2015, 13:20 »

On what are based the invites?

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #576 on: 05 Dec 2015, 15:13 »

On what are based the invites?

First round is for the most active testers, after that they go by 'citizen number' the order you signed up for the game, they've got like a million people now so it takes a while. usually by time i get the invite they are ready for the public release anyway :{

Lyn Farel

« Reply #577 on: 06 Dec 2015, 03:40 »

Oh right, haha, I haven't check my mail, it's there.

By the time I download it all public release will be here anyway.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #578 on: 12 Dec 2015, 09:22 »

2.0 is live as of last night!

Out and released to all million backers : )

This is 'the big one' for those of us who have been screwing around with all of the different half broken 'modules' the last year or two.

Now you can run around, shoot people, jump in big spaceships with your friends, man crew stations, EVA out of the ships anywhere, run some sample missions, etc etc all in one special 'sandbox' solar system they are using to demo new features as they come online.  Yes it has a long way to go but this is frankly pretty amazing tech, with each ship having its own independent physics grid you can walk around in and interacting with other ships in the same game space, it's pretty rad.

Anyway you might see some things on the interwebs about this as it's a big release for the whole project.  Also about to hit $100,000,000 in crowdfunding, which is a stupid amount of money. I expect my copy of the game to come on a silver platter carried by a throng of the finest trained Matari for that kind of money :P

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/feature-list

EDIT:

Spent many hours with this tonight.  It really was super, super fun.  Flying around with people and getting into trouble, all sorts of craziness.  But still buggy, crashed out like 5 times.

Examples:

Took my ship to an abandoned space station; instead of parking on the landing pad, I tried to hide my ship on the outside ring of the station.  While I was hovering around, unbeknownst to me someone on the station had seen my ship, and was EVAing up to my position.  They got the back cargo hatch of my ship open just as I was exiting/glitched out of the front of the cockpit.  So I'm floating in space and the ship is spinning, and I notice the guy trying to sneak in, and he notices me, and all of the sudden it's a floating in space pew pew laser / machine gun fight around a spinning spaceship orbiting a derelict space station.  I managed to flee down to the landing pad and run away on foot (was outgunned), and then game crashed. booo ;0

I managed to sneak aboard an expensive bomber ship (pilot forgot to close the elevator below the ship), and managed to sneak up behind him in the pilot's chair as he was flying around.  Unfortunately he didn't leave the 'weapons off' zone, because in another few km I would have blasted him and taken his expensive ship for a ride ;)

Waking up on the space station orbiting the gas giant, I went to the main computer terminal and ordered my ship prepped for the landing pad, and a nice guy there was going to join me in the turret seat.  We get out to the landing pad and a guy with a hijacked alien ship with a giant... blade wing, basically -scooped- up my entire ship and FLUNG it straight into orbit.  We could only sit and stare as my ship went tumbling into the distance.  Local chat: "sorry, couldn't resist" :P I did manage to follow him later and while he was inside a space station I obliterated his undefended ship on a landing platform.

There's tons of bugs and things like that you wont be able to do in the later game, but right now it's all super fun.

I've had ships leeroy jenkins into my helpless ship on a repair platform, I've had my ship explode when activating the warp drive, all sorts of craziness. but it's an absolute blast having total space sandbox freedom to take your ship anywhere get out of it anywhere, and go from flying to pew pew whenever you want. It's super cool.
« Last Edit: 13 Dec 2015, 00:32 by Silas Vitalia »

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #579 on: 16 Dec 2015, 17:34 »

annnd shit just got interesting on today's live stream, they were showing their procedural planetside stuff today, ironically ahead of schedule for once...   

very cool at this detail level with no loading screens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5XSiww9ZO4&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yLTm8DZ8s4

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #580 on: 22 Mar 2016, 14:22 »

One of the larger fuel tanker pilot-able ships just dropped into people's hangars, it's pretty well done; check the video in 1080 and enjoy the level of detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzFcpQTEVAk

This is the "Starfarer" which is mobile refueling and fuel-hauling centered ship.   Take the space gas from A to B, or accompany your small fleet with the space gas to refuel as you explore the far reaches.  It's the biggest ship they've finished so far, pretty neat.

*EDIT* now with shiny new video, GOOD LORD THAT'S PURDY.

« Last Edit: 01 Apr 2016, 15:48 by Silas Vitalia »

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #581 on: 14 Oct 2016, 09:02 »

PRAISE THE SANDWORM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIiMqVdbHqo

TLDR1: (no surprises here) single player campaign delayed again.  Lulz for days.  Other than that things plodding along, lots of new ships, new features, moving right along on MMO front.

TLDR2:  The planetary tech is really nice  All the things No Man's Sky wasn't.  Fly from space to surface to running around and back all seamless, very  cool.  This vid shows some of the surface level content they are doing.  Now this fps stuff isn't particularly good from them or interesting compared to 1000x other games that do it, but having it all in one engine where you can do this stuff and then get in your ship and fly straight up for a few minutes into space and do all the other stuff is pretty neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIiMqVdbHqo

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #582 on: 17 Oct 2016, 09:11 »

Bataav

• Egger
    • Intaki Liberation Front
« Reply #583 on: 01 Jan 2017, 17:56 »

Hmm...

This game may have caught my attention quite a bit over the holiday period. I've not taken the plunge yet but the temptation is definately building.

I'll wait to see what's available when 3.0 is released before I make any decisions.
#FreeIntaki | #IntakiPride

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #584 on: 02 Jan 2017, 11:56 »

If they ever make it there, since apparently they just changed their game engine again. >_>
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 44