Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The main ingredients in Protein Delicacies were in fact organic waste, processed station sewage and second grade biomass? For more, read here.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 44

Author Topic: Star Citizen - from the producer of Wing Commander  (Read 101349 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: Star Citizen - from the producer of Wing Commander
« Reply #315 on: 28 Jan 2015, 14:07 »

Vaporware my ass!

That's a nice techdemo. One could even call it a proof of concept. It is still not a game, despite the progress made.

It's not a game (yet).  But it's getting real close!  :)

I can already pewpew and race with other people in a beautiful game engine, and in a few weeks will have multiple player avatars hanging out in my hangar.   

The RP potential so high with this game.  Tons of locations, bars, plazas, planets, giant ships, with avatars.  Things we wanted from EVE ;(

Lyn Farel

« Reply #316 on: 28 Jan 2015, 14:29 »

Vaporware my ass!

That's a nice techdemo. One could even call it a proof of concept. It is still not a game, despite the progress made.

Of course it is not yet.. Do you know a lot of games that are actually games and not bits and modules and tech demos right in the middle of development ?  :)

This one even tries to actually have some of its core functiinalities and features already released and working...

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #317 on: 28 Jan 2015, 14:35 »

$71 Million today by the way.  Sweet Jesus teh monies.

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #318 on: 28 Jan 2015, 16:29 »

Of course it is not yet.. Do you know a lot of games that are actually games and not bits and modules and tech demos right in the middle of development ?  :)

This one even tries to actually have some of its core functiinalities and features already released and working...

I have seen a LOT of games at a LOT of stages of development before. At Alpha, I'd say, a game really becomes a game and before that it's a slighty worrisome conglomeration of systems at varying stages of development. What concerns me about Star Citizen is that all these little bits and bobs haven't really been put together into a contiguous whole yet.

I'll feel a lot better (perhaps to the point of sinking some cash into it) when they get it running that way.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #319 on: 29 Jan 2015, 02:03 »

E!xactly and since the game is far from being in alpha...

I too though am eager to see where they are going with all those bits... Will see, too early to tell.
« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2015, 02:06 by Lyn Farel »

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #320 on: 29 Jan 2015, 02:11 »

I officially jumped on the crazy train with this game yesterday and bought a constellation package.

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #321 on: 29 Jan 2015, 10:19 »

E!xactly and since the game is far from being in alpha...

I too though am eager to see where they are going with all those bits... Will see, too early to tell.

Indeed! And you and I are both aware of how many projects not yet at Alpha don't make it to release because of "reasons". Hence my caution! :)

Lyn Farel

« Reply #322 on: 29 Jan 2015, 10:36 »

Reasons most of the time imply a project kill that got deemed 'unsafe' by the publisher  :ugh:

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #323 on: 29 Jan 2015, 13:31 »

I officially jumped on the crazy train with this game yesterday and bought a constellation package.

Welcome welcome! Tell the others what you think once you've gotten in the hangar and walked around, explored your glorious new ship, and flown a bit against the AI or other players!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #324 on: 29 Jan 2015, 19:38 »

Delicious high def screen caps from the current build we have:
http://m.imgur.com/a/kQYu7

Much high-poly. 

Lyn Farel

« Reply #325 on: 30 Jan 2015, 02:04 »

Ok i really want my aegis now.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #326 on: 31 Jan 2015, 12:29 »

Nice design article for the UI / Augmented Reality system in game:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14466-Design-MobiGlas

Lyn Farel

« Reply #327 on: 31 Jan 2015, 13:18 »

Is there a way to look at to read ALL ZE LORE ?

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #328 on: 31 Jan 2015, 19:05 »

Some of the IP I actually find interesting is the designs for the 'alien' race ships.  These are some upcoming Vanduul ships

http://minus.com/mFHIHKxbAEKKU

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #329 on: 02 Feb 2015, 10:25 »

Reasons most of the time imply a project kill that got deemed 'unsafe' by the publisher  :ugh:

Yeah. Diminishing projected ROI due to sales voodoo prognostication. Or sudden realisation that they're sponsoring three nigh-identical releases in the same quarter.

I had one game cancelled because the External Producer had a different vision of the game in his head and had sold THAT vision to his bosses and not the game we were working on and, finally, it had become abundantly clear that what we were delivering wasn't the game he'd been selling.

I understand some games sink because they couldn't deliver too many of their designed features, but everything I worked on delivered all it's core features and we could rework around anything planned that couldn't be delivered.

What were the reasons games YOU were working on were cancelled? Audience participation time!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 44