Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Scagga once had a bodyguard by the name of 'cuddles'?

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 44

Author Topic: Star Citizen - from the producer of Wing Commander  (Read 101394 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: Star Citizen - from the producer of Wing Commander
« Reply #210 on: 25 Aug 2014, 07:23 »

I have yet another stupid question, please bear with me : what is the use for UEE credits right now ? I see you can purchase hangar decorations and stuff (that I understand what purpose it serves...), but also weapon systems... ? Does it mean you can replace or upgrade the ones on your ship right now, or is it just for 'later' ? I am confused and seem to have a lot of credits piling up doing nothing...

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #211 on: 25 Aug 2014, 09:05 »

I have yet another stupid question, please bear with me : what is the use for UEE credits right now ? I see you can purchase hangar decorations and stuff (that I understand what purpose it serves...), but also weapon systems... ? Does it mean you can replace or upgrade the ones on your ship right now, or is it just for 'later' ? I am confused and seem to have a lot of credits piling up doing nothing...

You joined?! Yay!

UEE credits are ISK, you'll use it for everything in game.

If you buy the weapons available now, you can see them in the firing range on the hangar, and then install them on your ships for use in Arena Commander.

I wouldn't buy any of them yet, I think they will be much cheaper in-game and there aren't very many finished weapons yet.

UEE you will use for in-game currency and also for 'vanity' items like aquariums in your hangar space towels. or the little truck to drive around in your hangar, etc.

What package did you purchase?

I've been having much, much better luck lately in multiplayer, finally getting the hang of the stupid 300i and my K/D rate is improving to non-embarrassing levels.   

Basically it's not a dogfighter, if you get into 1v1 loop of death with a capable hornet pilot you will die.  It's more of an opportunity ship, you wait until other people are engaged and you swoop in and blast them drive by, and just keep on going.  They won't chase you too far, you can wait until they move on and try it again. 

I often play more of the 'tank' classes in much of my games so it's been very difficult for me not to run in LEEROY JENKINS when I see people dogfighting, because every single time you do that with the 300i you die very, very quickly.

Also unfortunately many of the maneuvering thrusters are in the nose of the ship, so when you take a lot of damage front-on you can lose a lot of your steering.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #212 on: 25 Aug 2014, 13:32 »

Of course I joined. I joined back in October 2012 in the first backing weeks when they tried to reach 2M $. I'm glad I did somehow, considering all the bonuses I'm getting out of it, like the lifetime insurance on one ship, and something like 14k UEE stockpiling with various veteran bonuses. I even have that Star Citizen shirt that costed so much money because of shipping fees :/

Well at least for the rest that's one of the very few cases where i'm glad the dollar isn't worth shit since i'm paying like 75% of the USD price.

Yeah I understood the UEE were the ingame money, wasn't really sure what was their use currently (except for vanity items). So you can buy weapons and put them on your ship and they work in the Arena Commander module ? Are they more powerful than other weapons ? Are they different ?

I bought the Scout LTI package long ago, I think it gives me an Aurora MR. Which I have upgraded to an Origin 325a because their prices are damn expensive (abusive I might say, we are not cows to be milked...) and it was kindof cheap to do so, especially again since the USD isn't worth anything. For once online games allow us to go through stuff like paypal and pay the REAL amount of money instead of abusive prices worth way more for us than americans...

But yeah i'm not upgrading anymore to stuff like the Hornet or whatever, considering that it's just pure monetary theft.

I find it a bit stupid that the 300i isn't faster than the hornet... Well anyway for hit and run I will have no problem with it, I think. If that's similar to boom and zooming, I guess...

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #213 on: 25 Aug 2014, 14:08 »

Something to keep in mind is that the prices for ship packages do not represent the actual monetary value of those ships. Instead of viewing it as 'buy ship', it should be viewed as 'donate money'. The ship is the 'thank you for donating' gift.

You'll be able to much more easily get the ships when the game launches. Donate as much as you feel you want to put in to help the game, anything you get for those donations is just a bonus.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #214 on: 25 Aug 2014, 14:51 »

Real quick:

Yes weapons you buy are different/more powerful, or allow you to stack the better guns together in groups (say 3x Omnisky VI's for the 300i instead of 2x)

300 has much much higher -top speed- than hornet (total max velocity), hornet has better acceleration (turning, getting to its lower top speed).    Hornet is only available dedicated dogfighter. 300i is a 'touring' ship, can haul cargo, scout, and carry a passenger, and travel much, much farther than Hornet (fuel capacity).

Not a good 1v1 in arena commander, basically, but try hauling cargo and a guest 5 system with a hornet you can't.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #215 on: 25 Aug 2014, 15:12 »

Got it, so boom and zoom with the 300i and turn & burn with the hornet.

The annoying thing with their ship spec page on their website is that while it's really nice to have all the technical names for every component of every ship for immersion, there is no way to see the real power (speed, etc) of everyone of them except for shields... :/

Lyn Farel

« Reply #216 on: 27 Aug 2014, 13:35 »

Only the 300i - and not the 325a - is flyable right now, right ?

Also I think I may have a bugged game or an input compatibility issue (may be tied to keyboard language) where some commands do not seem to respond, and others I have yet to find (like de locking the G-lock or comstat for example, i'm only able to decouple).

Not able to use the fitting screen either, activating and deactivating it works, but once inside, can't do nothing. No command seems to do anything.

Also, it's pure newtonian physics but you still can't go above some max speed ?
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2014, 13:39 by Lyn Farel »

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #217 on: 27 Aug 2014, 20:01 »

What's that Che? I don't get it?
Probably because you're not Saede.  :P
Ché plans to build a race track in Origin.
-OOChé

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #218 on: 28 Aug 2014, 08:08 »

Only the 300i - and not the 325a - is flyable right now, right ?

Also I think I may have a bugged game or an input compatibility issue (may be tied to keyboard language) where some commands do not seem to respond, and others I have yet to find (like de locking the G-lock or comstat for example, i'm only able to decouple).

Not able to use the fitting screen either, activating and deactivating it works, but once inside, can't do nothing. No command seems to do anything.

Also, it's pure newtonian physics but you still can't go above some max speed ?

Yea only the base 300i, the 325 will be much meaner

They set a top speed because it would probably be game-breaking the other way.  You'd just go to the edge of the map and build up 10km/s speed and drive-by everyone and repeat :P  Trying to strike  a balance between 'fun' space combat and full simulation.

"Control+Capslock" for comstab/glock toggle.

The documentation is HORRIBLE for cockpit commands and how to fly right now. They need to get to work on a tutorial for new pilots asap.  It's EVE-level learning curve cliff for how to fly the damn ship right now :P

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #219 on: 28 Aug 2014, 08:09 »

What's that Che? I don't get it?
Probably because you're not Saede.  :P
Ché plans to build a race track in Origin.

Nice! The race mode should be out this weekend, I'll try and get some FRAPS!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #220 on: 28 Aug 2014, 10:06 »

Yeah from what I have experienced the flight model is very good and extremely fun/pleasuring to fly, even with only half of my commands ready. Really nice if they keep it that way.

The buttons for my HOTAS do not seem to work for most of them though (like 80%). And the second state (pressed at 100%) of my main firing button is used by the game to switch cameras... Which makes it more or less unplayable for now in multi. :/

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #221 on: 28 Aug 2014, 10:11 »

Yeah from what I have experienced the flight model is very good and extremely fun/pleasuring to fly, even with only half of my commands ready. Really nice if they keep it that way.

The buttons for my HOTAS do not seem to work for most of them though (like 80%). And the second state (pressed at 100%) of my main firing button is used by the game to switch cameras... Which makes it more or less unplayable for now in multi. :/

Yea short of loading your own custom XML, next patch will have player key-mapping and should solve a lot of this.

I had to load an XML because the game was automatically set for some reason for flightstick left-right to 'roll' instead of 'yaw'.  was unplayable until I remapped.

They really have done a -fantastic- job tightening the controls since first release.

The first version you barely touched the stick and you were turning 180 degrees, made it impossible to track targets.  Now the dead zone and aiming is much, much better.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #222 on: 28 Aug 2014, 10:20 »

Ah lol yes I forgot that roll thing instead of yaw. Annoying as hell.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #223 on: 03 Sep 2014, 11:44 »

Monthly progress report for August: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14126-Monthly-Report-August

FPS module should be demod at PAX Australia!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #224 on: 12 Sep 2014, 10:39 »

New Commercial:

TOP GEAR PARODY.  SO MUCH WIN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SpsjUHj_II
« Last Edit: 12 Sep 2014, 11:19 by Silas Vitalia »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 44