Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Aldrith Shutaq was once court poet and author in the service of the Etranhi Holders on Mishi IV? Read more here.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22

Author Topic: Retribution.  (Read 60763 times)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Re: Retribution.
« Reply #300 on: 11 Dec 2012, 09:07 »

The safety button is a neat feature the first time.  But it'd be nice if turning it off persisted between sessions.

CCP Fozzie has confirmed they know about this, and are working on it. Should be fixed in the next patch or two.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #301 on: 11 Dec 2012, 13:34 »

Having done a few null roams with the new t1 cruisers I have to say they have been ridiculously buffed beyond expectations, I might go ahead and say too much buff.

Cost / Benefit for gangs of these things is incredibly attractive.

Will be experimenting with the t1 logi but it seems to be the same case.

Regarding the safeties, they certainly need to remember your settings.

We've had lot of embarrassing /hilarious ridicule on comms this last week for fleet members wondering out loud why their drones wont attack, or why they are missing points on fleeing targets, etc.   :)

"My drones won't shoot! Something is wrong!"

silence

"Oh, I uh, fixed it"

Me: "....Did you leave the safety on"

....."yes."

20 people: "bwahahahahha"

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #302 on: 11 Dec 2012, 13:37 »

Proud to say that the safety thing only caught us out on the first day.  After that, FC's always go "safeties off" before we head out.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #303 on: 11 Dec 2012, 13:46 »

The safety button is a neat feature the first time.  But it'd be nice if turning it off persisted between sessions.

CCP Fozzie has confirmed they know about this, and are working on it. Should be fixed in the next patch or two.

CCP also stated the reason they didn't include persistence between logins is because they didn't have the time to implement and properly test it; rather than release something that could be utterly, completely broken and cause a petition-flood, they elected to release a working safety without persistence and then add it in a subsequent patch when they didn't have a huge deadline looming. So it wasn't an "oops we forgot", the ability for it to remember between logins was an intended feature they just didn't have the time to implement and run past QA.

All in all, having to reset it every time you log in is a minor annoyance in comparison to what could have resulted from not having enough time to properly test it. :p
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Jev North

« Reply #304 on: 11 Dec 2012, 13:50 »

I've found the T1 logis are nothing short of amazing. Over the next couple of weeks, my money is either no one using them because no one will engage a cruiser gang with logi support, or a lot of e-war being flown trying to counter them.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #305 on: 11 Dec 2012, 14:17 »

Having done a few null roams with the new t1 cruisers I have to say they have been ridiculously buffed beyond expectations, I might go ahead and say too much buff.

Welcome in CCP usual dichotomy with their tech system. Soon they might buff T2 ships to compensate...

Back to the beginning. /o\

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #306 on: 11 Dec 2012, 14:33 »

I don't think they have the staying power for any larger engagements or lowsec camping, but for skirmish 0.0 they really seem to be a -lot- of fun right now.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #307 on: 11 Dec 2012, 14:51 »

FATE has run into a bit of an issue with the crimewatch status timers recently. Imagine 2 players - player A1 and player B1. Player B1 has a suspect tag, and is engaged by player A1; player B1 shoots back. Both player A1 and B1 both have limited engagement tags on each other.

Now, if player A1's friend player A2 comes alone and remote-repairs player A1, then A2 will also gain a suspect tag because he aided someone in a limited engagement that A2 was not part of, even though B1's suspect status means that A2 could have shot him without penalty.

Someone pointed out a very real issue with this: If someone a corp under wardec is attacked by war targets, and starts to shoot back making a limited engagement, then anyone from that person's corp - even though they are under wardec as well - will recieve a suspect tag for repairing their corpmate being attacked.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #308 on: 12 Dec 2012, 03:56 »

If the system makes Limited Engagements between entities that can already freely shoot at eachother due to war dec, there is something wrong with the system. :|
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #309 on: 12 Dec 2012, 06:23 »

Welcome in CCP usual dichotomy with their tech system. Soon they might buff T2 ships to compensate...

I read on FHC that apparently CCPs intent on T2 ships is not to give them roles that replaces T1, but that increases the role specialization and resistances, IE: t2 may not be the target of huge PG/CPU/hitpoints increases, but be centered around ship bonuses and resistances.

That is a logical way to make t2 more interesting without making t1 obsolete

Lyn Farel

« Reply #310 on: 12 Dec 2012, 07:25 »

I read on FHC that apparently CCPs intent on T2 ships is not to give them roles that replaces T1, but that increases the role specialization and resistances, IE: t2 may not be the target of huge PG/CPU/hitpoints increases, but be centered around ship bonuses and resistances.

That is a logical way to make t2 more interesting without making t1 obsolete

Hasn't it always been the case ? Well then, I am interested to see what they can do on the matter then, because for now, it's not very glorious.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #311 on: 12 Dec 2012, 12:35 »

Usually T2 stuff had massive fitting improvements and more slots....

The aim, if i understand correctly, its not going on that route, but adjust better the ship bonuses and minor stats to just enhance one particular role of the many its former t1 hull might had.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #312 on: 12 Dec 2012, 14:25 »

Well yeah, T2 was already supposed to be specialized, and a certain amount of them are really specialized, but not enough imho.

We have the sniping ships like half of the AFs and most of the HACs, that have clear bonuses to range. We have the reconships specialized on a second layer of EW compared to their T1 counterparts, we have fleet commandships, logis, interceptors, bombers, covops, etc.

And we also have a lot of other T2 ships that are, as you say, just buffed versions of their T1 hull, like the other half of the AFs, field commandships, etc. And when we think about it, the reconships are just buffed versions of their T1 hull with another specific EW, so eventually, specialized in the sense that the strenghts of their T1 hull is magnified but nothing else specific, making them still good at what their T1 hulls do, and a lot better (specialized) at their bonuses.

So yes, I hope they will do as you say.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #313 on: 12 Dec 2012, 19:31 »

I've found the T1 logis are nothing short of amazing. Over the next couple of weeks, my money is either no one using them because no one will engage a cruiser gang with logi support, or a lot of e-war being flown trying to counter them.

Confirming this. We've actually been in several fights where both sides have logis, and neither can quite break the other. The whole situation is fun, but can be rather frustrating.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #314 on: 13 Dec 2012, 22:35 »

Confirming this. We've actually been in several fights where both sides have logis, and neither can quite break the other. The whole situation is fun, but can be rather frustrating.

You mean we can't just all press F1 and hope for the best?

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22