Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The founder of Zainou Biotech, Todo Kirkinen, was the first person to have his mind transfered into a machine? Ishukone owns a majority stake of Zainou.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22

Author Topic: Retribution.  (Read 60775 times)

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
Re: Retribution.
« Reply #285 on: 03 Dec 2012, 22:37 »

CCP needs to just release their stand-alone game engine so we can up with our own machinima :/

Hells yes.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #286 on: 04 Dec 2012, 08:54 »

CCP needs to just release their stand-alone game engine so we can up with our own machinima :/

Hells yes.

I would pay quite a bit of real money for a copy. They could sell the damn thing for all I care.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #287 on: 04 Dec 2012, 10:43 »

Balancing  :twisted: :https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2262775#post2262775

Yup the implications of the change were not spelled out very clearly, we should have put a lot more explanation into the note. What it means is that no modules or skills will affect the capital remote assistance mods unless they are explicitly programmed to. So that applies to gang mods, rigs, implants, and skills.

So, as gang links were previously affecting capital remote armour reps, but not capital remote shield reps, CCP have of course done the only sensible thing and stopped links affecting either of them. Which brings armour triage in line with shield triage, and will make many an archon pilot absolutely furious.

Yay :3

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Lyn Farel

« Reply #288 on: 04 Dec 2012, 15:50 »

Balancing  :twisted: :https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2262775#post2262775

Yup the implications of the change were not spelled out very clearly, we should have put a lot more explanation into the note. What it means is that no modules or skills will affect the capital remote assistance mods unless they are explicitly programmed to. So that applies to gang mods, rigs, implants, and skills.

So, as gang links were previously affecting capital remote armour reps, but not capital remote shield reps, CCP have of course done the only sensible thing and stopped links affecting either of them. Which brings armour triage in line with shield triage, and will make many an archon pilot absolutely furious.

No that much since you can already barely fit a single capital shield transporter with its absurd cpu cost anyway...

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #289 on: 04 Dec 2012, 15:58 »

No that much since you can already barely fit a single capital shield transporter with its absurd cpu cost anyway...

And they've pulled it back anyway, so ignore this >.>

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #290 on: 04 Dec 2012, 16:30 »

Nobody touches my Archon.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #291 on: 04 Dec 2012, 16:33 »

Nobody touches my Archon.

Can I touch your...Apoc?
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #292 on: 04 Dec 2012, 19:38 »

They could make the shield transporters better, but that probably upset POS mechanics/balance (if such a thing exist).

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #293 on: 05 Dec 2012, 00:30 »

Ran across an interesting item - Sukuuvestaa Heron.  Does not appear to be particularly different than a Heron other than the  paint job.

NISYN Aelisha

« Reply #294 on: 05 Dec 2012, 03:06 »

Want.  Now.  Immediately.  Give me the Sukuuvesta ship.

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
« Reply #295 on: 05 Dec 2012, 03:56 »

There's one for each race, with a Sarum Family Magnate and Vherokior Probe. I can't recall off hand what the Imicus one is, nor do I know where they came from.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #296 on: 05 Dec 2012, 04:41 »

Sarum Family Magnate. For the frontlines or so the fluff says. /o\

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #297 on: 10 Dec 2012, 10:25 »

Patch notes:

To be released on Monday, December 10, 2012

Fixes

Bounties
Any bounties placed on inactive characters will be refunded up to 50% of the bounty placed on that character. This also happens if a character becomes inactive after receiving the bounty and stays inactive for a long time.

Wars
Wars that are now made mutual will always be able to be retracted by the aggressor, even if the war is made non-mutual.

User Interface
Fixed the right click Location menu for Science & Industry jobs.
Fixed an issue that sometimes caused typing to stop working and shortcut keys to be applied instead.
Custom groups on the Neocom will no longer be removed on log in.
Fixed an issue where single corporation divisions would not persist after loading into the game.
Inventory window will no longer expand when stacked and collapsed with another window after a jump.
Fixed the order in which the back and forward functionality works with the Inventory.

Inventory
It is no longer possible to teleport items into containers, which are too far away.
The limit of items in corporate hangar arrays has been increased to 1500 item-stacks per division.
Production jobs from corporation hangars are now using the correct limit of items per division (1500).
Dropping items into divisions of corporate hangar arrays without roles is no longer causing wrong error messages.

Market
The Shield Resistance Amplifier sub groups on the market now have correct names. No more pesky spelling mistakes.

Kill Rights
We identified some issues that would cause expired kill rights to always appear in the activate kill rights UI. This should no longer show old and expired kill rights.

Localization
The search backend will now properly match when doing a “Partial terms” search for solar system names that have hyphens in them (i.e. “1-3H” will correctly match 1-3HWZ).

Graphics
A texture bug with the 125mm and 150mm Railguns has been fixed.
A hard edge texture bug has been resolved in the mission "The Blockade".
A hardline geometry gap has been resolved on the Armageddon and all of its variants.
Fixed an issue where Tengu Launcher was facing the wrong direction.
Fixed an issue where Tengu Launcher had an unusual rotation.
Small geometry gaps have been fixed on the Proteus.

Client
Image files in JPEG format that contain a corrupt jpg_header block could crash the client.  Some players with such corrupt files would experience a crash to desktop during startup or the login process.  This particular vulnerability has now been addressed.

Starmap
Cynos are now being displayed correctly on the world map.

World Shaping
Jump bridges can be linked without problems.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #298 on: 10 Dec 2012, 10:31 »

There's one for each race, with a Sarum Family Magnate and Vherokior Probe. I can't recall off hand what the Imicus one is, nor do I know where they came from.

It's Inner Zone Shipping. Same as one of the Catalyst variants.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Shaalira

• Egger
« Reply #299 on: 11 Dec 2012, 00:31 »

All the new beeps and boops are distracting, but I'm sure they'll be useful once you get used to them.

I like the circle-based interface.

The new ships are going to provide for many, many hours of experimentation and metagaming and pew pew.

Haven't had much experience with the bounty system yet.

Crimewatch is nice.  User-friendly displays and timers?  This isn't the CCP I'm used to.

The safety button is a neat feature the first time.  But it'd be nice if turning it off persisted between sessions.

And there's so many explosions in FW.  So many.

All in all, not too shabby.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22