Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That 'Ancestors choke!' is a Caldari expression of disbelief or astonishment?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22

Author Topic: Retribution.  (Read 60761 times)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Re: Retribution.
« Reply #165 on: 10 Nov 2012, 14:18 »

The new destroyers have also received their names:

Minmatar: Talwar
Amarr: Dragoon
Gallente: Algos
Caldari: Corax

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #166 on: 10 Nov 2012, 18:37 »

Hmm... I wonder what the "Retribution" bit signifies as far as storyline... Jamyl coming to give back the favor to the Minmies?

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #167 on: 10 Nov 2012, 20:26 »

I dunno, the whole design scheme of the expansion (art, fonts, colors) looks to me to be Gallente-centric.

Perhaps Caldari Prime is a bad place to spend vacation this winter.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #168 on: 11 Nov 2012, 02:36 »

Dragoon?

There is horses on Amarr?

There is warhorses on Amarr?

o.O

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #169 on: 11 Nov 2012, 02:51 »

Why wouldn't there be?

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

NISYN Aelisha

« Reply #170 on: 11 Nov 2012, 03:39 »

I see they have no plans to un-break Defensive farming in FW? 

Guess I'd better find some NPC null to explore and pvp in till they fix that system when inevitably the Caldari and Amarr get pushed back to tier 1 by the farming community...  No offence to the genuine players in MinMil and FedMil; but the current system means that at tier 4, your mission running farmers and afk plexers make so much LP there is no reason to do anything but - rendering any efforts to offensive plex (at greatly extended risk) useless.

I'm not usually one to bitter, but this is typical CCP 'something is broken, let's fix it without analysing the problem' thinking. 

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #171 on: 11 Nov 2012, 04:34 »

Dragoon?

There is horses on Amarr?

There is warhorses on Amarr?

o.O
Do not forget the concept about the 'universal translator'. Essentially, everybody in New Eden does not speak English but everything gets translated into such so we (the players) can understand what is going on. The various ships real names are not 'Talwar', 'Dragoon', etc., but we see that name because it is the closest approximation the translator could make.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #172 on: 11 Nov 2012, 07:30 »

^ Considering dragoons were derived from the French Army (obligatory LOLGALLENTE comment), it's likely it is just the Amarr equivalent of 'mounted cavalry'.

I dunno, the whole design scheme of the expansion (art, fonts, colors) looks to me to be Gallente-centric.

Perhaps Caldari Prime is a bad place to spend vacation this winter.

I hope so. Seeing that storyline develop would be great.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #173 on: 11 Nov 2012, 17:32 »

I'm pretty sure that earth animals exist on some planets - after all, you can have in-game corp logos that feature lions, hawks and other recognizable animals. Cattle also exist, as does wheat. Whatever the original settlers could have conceivably imported from Earth to New Eden would probably have.

Gesakaarin

« Reply #174 on: 11 Nov 2012, 20:08 »

Might just be me, but Dragoon seems out of synch with the religious naming conventions of the Amarr line.

Isn't Corax latin for Raven?

I also have this sinking feeling Retribution might also be a prelude to introduce incursions for the other outlaw factions. Farm all the pirates.

Shaalira

• Egger
« Reply #175 on: 12 Nov 2012, 11:44 »

I see they have no plans to un-break Defensive farming in FW? 

Guess I'd better find some NPC null to explore and pvp in till they fix that system when inevitably the Caldari and Amarr get pushed back to tier 1 by the farming community...  No offence to the genuine players in MinMil and FedMil; but the current system means that at tier 4, your mission running farmers and afk plexers make so much LP there is no reason to do anything but - rendering any efforts to offensive plex (at greatly extended risk) useless.

I'm not usually one to bitter, but this is typical CCP 'something is broken, let's fix it without analysing the problem' thinking.

Admittedly, this was exactly why GalMil fought so hard to cling onto a 60 system goal.  There was a lot of plexing and plex fighting just after the surprise early patch, and a lot of interference with bunker-busting operations.  Most people in GalMil realized how critical that week would be in shaping the warzone for months ahead.

And it was close.  I think GalMil was pushed down to 61 systems - the very border of tier 4 - before things stabilized.  But once they did, the incentive system shifted things in our favor and now GalMil is pushing 66 again.

(This includes Intaki, incidentally, despite the weaponized force of all of Damar's anger)

I took a break from EVE after that highly critical week, attending to miscellaneous RL stuff.  While I wasn't surprised to see that the pendulum had started to swing in GalMil's favor upon my return, I was surprised at how much progress had been made.  We'll see if the December 4 adjustments to NPC balance change things - but given how the current NPCs heavily favor the Caldari, I doubt that'll change the dynamic.
« Last Edit: 12 Nov 2012, 13:22 by Shaalira »

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #176 on: 12 Nov 2012, 13:26 »

A very excitable commentator shows off the new HUD changes as well as the vagabond's awesome new skin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kbFrKWHUehk

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Desiderya

« Reply #177 on: 12 Nov 2012, 14:21 »

And it was close.  I think GalMil was pushed down to 61 systems - the very border of tier 4 - before things stabilized.  But once they did, the incentive system shifted things in our favor and now GalMil is pushing 66 again.

The incentive system was always in the favor of the defensive side since that patch. Get LP for defensive plexing above 100%, no LP for offensive plexing above 100%. VP's were reduced down to a bit above 100% on all the systems. I know the amount of farmers and farming that has been done in our part of the warzone despite our efforts to keep them out and take them down.

But that's not to say that GalMil hasn't put a lot of effort into the last weeks, but that explains why the systems went from vulnerable to <100% within what, two days?

Lyn Farel

« Reply #178 on: 12 Nov 2012, 15:10 »

A very excitable commentator shows off the new HUD changes as well as the vagabond's awesome new skin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kbFrKWHUehk

Nice.

They changed the hull/armor/shield layout since their early draft , which makes more sense now.

Shaalira

• Egger
« Reply #179 on: 12 Nov 2012, 16:59 »

But that's not to say that GalMil hasn't put a lot of effort into the last weeks, but that explains why the systems went from vulnerable to <100% within what, two days?

Under the new system, it actually doesn't take long at all to bring a system out of vulnerable state.  Even though those systems had been farmed for weeks, the surprise patch also reduced the VP total of all vulnerable systems.  In short, they weren't heavily vulnerable after the surprise patch and could be brought into 'contested' territory with just a couple hours effort by one pilot.  Faster with multiple.

That's why you saw a mad dash to bring a lot of systems out of vulnerable state, while others worked to stymie bunker-busting efforts.

It actually took a few days for the farmers to mobilize.  Farmers tend to be bandwagonners, not pioneers.  I'm sure a fair number were waiting to see which side would be the most profitable.  (Which isn't to say that the legacy of offensive plex farming didn't leave a lot of GalMil players with 'farmer alts' that they could put to the task right away.)

It also took us a fair amount of time for us to really mobilize organized defensive plexing efforts and get to that point.  There was truly a window in which CalMil could have swept most of the war front if they had pushed harder on the bunker busting.

« Last Edit: 12 Nov 2012, 17:03 by Shaalira »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22