Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That KillJoy Tseng's first season racing rifter later sold for 75 million ISK?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22

Author Topic: Retribution.  (Read 60769 times)

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
Re: Retribution.
« Reply #135 on: 31 Oct 2012, 23:05 »

Best defence against these will be linked faction point arazus. When you can point out to 90km and prevent them jumping towards you or warping off, your skirmish fleet is probably fine  ;)

A single module shouldn't drive the necessity for a particular ship to fill a role.

Does a bubble stop the microjump?

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #136 on: 01 Nov 2012, 08:29 »

Best defence against these will be linked faction point arazus. When you can point out to 90km and prevent them jumping towards you or warping off, your skirmish fleet is probably fine  ;)

A single module shouldn't drive the necessity for a particular ship to fill a role.

Does a bubble stop the microjump?

Unsure, but I would expect so. I've asked on the feedback thread, so I'll let you know as soon as I do :)

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #137 on: 01 Nov 2012, 18:02 »

There we go: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2126859#post2126859

Kalaratiri wrote:
Out of curiosity, is the MJD stopped by scrams and long points, or just scrams? And do bubbles have any effect on it?

CCP SoniClover wrote:
The current version on Duality is not affected by any warp canceling effects, but there is another version on the way that is affected by scramblers (will work similar to MWD). This means for instance that existing bubbles and interdictors won´t affect MJD as things stand (nor will disruptors ofc).

So, bubbles and long points don't kill it, making the arazu idea less viable. Oh well, I actually think this is better : :P
« Last Edit: 01 Nov 2012, 18:12 by kalaratiri »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #138 on: 01 Nov 2012, 18:12 »

Doesnt make no sense, since interdiction bubbles are supposed to disable the ability to jumpdrive and warp...

Gesakaarin

« Reply #139 on: 01 Nov 2012, 22:41 »

Doesnt make no sense, since interdiction bubbles are supposed to disable the ability to jumpdrive and warp...

But it would also gimp what might be useful role for fitting an MJD: The ability to jump into a bubble camp and rapidly hit a 100km position with Sniper BS.

NISYN Aelisha

« Reply #140 on: 02 Nov 2012, 03:02 »

To be honest the spool up time means that any half way decent camp is going to cut you to ribbons before you get out of that bubble, plus there is the aforementioned 'MJD jamming module' that is being hinted at. 

So long as this remains on Battleships, I am fine with people being able to blip out of poorly/unmanned bubble camps - If a tree falls in the woods with no one to hear it, does anyone give a ****?  With only BS able to use it, with their pretty bad alignment times (except for you, Machariel and Phoon!), the aforementioned 'halfway competent' camp should be able to explode it nicely.  Failing that, have an MJD bro 'interdiction' Battleship point in the same direction and spool up - You'll still likely get point before they warp out and let the games begin. 

More tools, more tactics.  Rock, paper scissors was getting a bit old hat after all ;).

Lyn Farel

« Reply #141 on: 02 Nov 2012, 03:44 »

with their pretty bad alignment times (except for you, Machariel and Phoon!)

Vindi aligns faster !

NISYN Aelisha

« Reply #142 on: 02 Nov 2012, 03:53 »

Not flown a vindi :( 

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #143 on: 04 Nov 2012, 07:52 »

Ewar changes: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=168820

Hello everyone. Another set of changes to get feedback on for Retri.
Since we're adjusting so many ewar ships between the disruption frigates and disruption cruisers, we saw the need to make some moderate adjustments to the modules as well as to other ewar ships to keep them competitive.

The reason these are being revealed near the end of our feature announcements is that we were investigating options for a more comprehensive ECM rebalance, however that will not be able to make it into Retribution. These changes are not the final solution for ewar by a long shot, they are incremental changes that will build towards the more complete changes we would like to make to the mechanics.

Here's what we currently have on our plate for Retribution:

ECM
*Reduce Optimal Range and Falloff of all ECM modules by 10%
*Add to the Optimal Range and Falloff bonus on ECM range bonused ships by 2.5% for the Blackbird and Tengu Obfuscation Manifold (bringing it to 12.5%) and 5% for the Scorpion (bringing it to 25%)
*Add four new racial sensor compensation skills that increase each type of Sensor Strength by 5% per level (Requires Electronics 4, rank 3 skills in the Electronics category)

Damps
*Increase Optimal Range of all Remote Sensor Dampeners by 20%
*Set the Damp strength bonus on Damp bonused ships to 7.5% per level

Tracking Disruptors
*Reduce TD base module effectiveness by 5%
*Set the TD strength bonus on all TD bonused ships to 7.5% per level

Target Painter
*Set the TP strength bonus on TP bonused ships to 7.5% per level for T1 and 10% per level for T2

We are aware of the effect the new skills will have on probing, and we're going to be keeping our eyes on it and have a few tricks up our sleeve in that regard.

We also want to reiterate that we are not looking at these ecm changes as a complete solution to the problems with that mechanic. It's a moderate change that we can make with the resources available for this expansion and that won't get in the way of our more comprehensive changes down the road.

Fascinating.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #144 on: 04 Nov 2012, 10:31 »

Probably be better if it was just one skill.  It isn't like you have to train different racial skills to increase your velocity or the number of targets you can shoot at.
« Last Edit: 04 Nov 2012, 10:36 by orange »

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #145 on: 04 Nov 2012, 10:35 »

Probably be better if it was just one skill.  It isn't like you have to train different racial skills to increase your velocity or the number of targets you can shoot at.

Include the fact they're rank 4 skills, and we're looking at several of training to get them all to 5. Which is a little silly :l

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #146 on: 04 Nov 2012, 10:40 »

Include the fact they're rank 4 skills, and we're looking at several of training to get them all to 5. Which is a little silly :l

It would be nice if instead of just increasing the raw effectiveness of sensor strength, it improved the impact of a module - the two ECCM module types.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #147 on: 04 Nov 2012, 10:57 »

It would be nice if instead of just increasing the raw effectiveness of sensor strength, it improved the impact of a module - the two ECCM module types.

My account has finally lapsed, so I can't comment, but by all means go onto the thread and provide feedback. It's exactly what CCP are after :)

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #148 on: 04 Nov 2012, 11:27 »

I believe this is in line with their leaning toward more mono-racial skilling, instead of universal. See destroyers / battlecruisers eventually getting split into each race, unique.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #149 on: 04 Nov 2012, 11:40 »

I posted to the thread - big question was "What's the vision" followed by previously discussed.

I believe this is in line with their leaning toward more mono-racial skilling, instead of universal. See destroyers / battlecruisers eventually getting split into each race, unique.
That would be great, if they made all the races balanced and someone could just skill the entire Gallente line and be useful to their FCs.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22