Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Sabik's Sepsis is a blood disease that rarely lasts into adulthood, but is considered sacrilege when it does? (The Burning Life, pp. 20,21)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22

Author Topic: Retribution.  (Read 60813 times)

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
Re: Retribution.
« Reply #105 on: 25 Oct 2012, 23:37 »

Days after the change, Damar (Not Dramar, because apparently that's 'insulting', while telling me nothing I post is worth reading is not.) and others still deliver their complaining. Great entertainment.

I'm getting some inconsistent messages here though - who exactly between Fed/Cal have the 'upper hand' in systems right now? As in, who is more likely to hold on to the most of them once the initial post-patch dust settles? It's claimed that Caldari has so far taken about 12-14 systems or so, while the Fed militia has 'secured' the remaining 40+ systems that was vulnerable in the war-zone. The map is not to helpful on intel and I'm not much around anymore, so I would not know.

NISYN Aelisha

« Reply #106 on: 26 Oct 2012, 03:26 »

Fed has the upper hand, but it is looking to stabilise into 'just shy of equal' footing in the next two weeks.  Damar I havent seen hide nor hair of, and Bad Messenger is still trying to sap morale with his 'what's the use, we cant get rich easily' speeches - kinda missing that many of us are here to pvp AND flip systems, not just circle buttons all day long. 

basically put, Caldari 'gave it a go' to flip the warzone, but Shadows/Tundragon had titans out (no complaining, good tactic for area denial), so we were forced to take circuitous routes, face off against several well organised Fed fleets, and deal with the majority of our 'part time pvp' farmers crying into their pillows over not getting free isk any more.  I think all of the warzones are suffering a bit of the latter, so it is a good sign that the anti-farmer element of this patch has worked, at least for now. 

I expect a little bit of stagnation while all sides reconfigure to make the most of the new system, especially when one side holds enough systems to tier 3 or 4 and make defensive plexing even more worthwhile. 

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #107 on: 28 Oct 2012, 16:50 »

Just a few ship edits  ;)

The new Vargur is the greatest thing ever, all hail our Art Department Overlords.
« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2012, 16:53 by kalaratiri »

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #108 on: 28 Oct 2012, 17:00 »

Wow that SFI is beautiful.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #109 on: 28 Oct 2012, 17:45 »

I now remember why the Megathron was the first battleship I made a decided effort to get in to.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
« Reply #110 on: 28 Oct 2012, 23:32 »

I now remember why the Megathron was the first battleship I made a decided effort to get in to.

+1

Shame it's borderline obsolete today.

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #111 on: 29 Oct 2012, 02:44 »

It seems like the grittiness of the Minmatar ship design is slowly vaporating.

Same goes for the organic feel of the Gallente.

Boxiness of the Caldari.

Soon they will start churning out Amarrian ships without the round metallic armor plating.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
« Reply #112 on: 29 Oct 2012, 03:39 »

It seems like the grittiness of the Minmatar ship design is slowly vaporating.

Same goes for the organic feel of the Gallente.

Boxiness of the Caldari.

Soon they will start churning out Amarrian ships without the round metallic armor plating.

And I think of myself as a bitter veteran.

Shame on me.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #113 on: 29 Oct 2012, 06:24 »

You missed the fact the Megathron has a lovely drone hangar with a glowing forcefield...(I don't think the texturing is fully completed btw)

The new Gallente dessie has them as well, and mysteriously the new Caldari one as well (though it has no drone bay). Wonder if they're somehow connected to DUST?

NISYN Aelisha

« Reply #114 on: 29 Oct 2012, 06:38 »

If they do have anything to do with DUST, I haven't a clue what it might be.  It would be interesting to have some option for 'black ops' insertion of troops to the surface of a planet, maybe a lightly equipped detachment lacking the armour (and the fanfare) a Warbarge comes with? 

Lots of things to speculate about at the moment, though I feel that these may merely be cosmetic for now, due to the 'soft land' that CCP appears to have planned for cross-integration.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
« Reply #115 on: 29 Oct 2012, 08:39 »

When you 'dock' in a station, ships do not physically land anywhere, they HOVER IN ONE PLACE.

Convenient, as most ships have designs that don't lend well to landing on anything, and having specialized docking-clamps for every single space-faring design out there can get... complicated.

So, how do your crews get in and out of your ship, then?

Docking bay and a small passenger shuttle. That's how. All ships should have a small port like that, TBH.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #116 on: 29 Oct 2012, 08:42 »

Adjustable loading bridge would also be an option.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

NISYN Aelisha

« Reply #117 on: 29 Oct 2012, 09:22 »

When you 'dock' in a station, ships do not physically land anywhere, they HOVER IN ONE PLACE.

Convenient, as most ships have designs that don't lend well to landing on anything, and having specialized docking-clamps for every single space-faring design out there can get... complicated.

Docking bay and a small passenger shuttle. That's how. All ships should have a small port like that, TBH.

I have just been rereading the Eisenhorn novels, specifically the second book, and I must say, I am ashamed I totally overlooked this.  +1 Bloodbird, the old 'ships too big need to be tended by lighters/shuttles' mentality is one that is oft overlooked, to the detrmiment of exploring the richness of even the most mundane of places in our game experience - the docking hangar. 

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #118 on: 29 Oct 2012, 10:27 »

I'm actually inclined to agree with Lallara.

One of the reasons I cannot like the new Caldari destroyer.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #119 on: 29 Oct 2012, 10:42 »

I have just been rereading the Eisenhorn novels, specifically the second book, and I must say, I am ashamed I totally overlooked this.  +1 Bloodbird, the old 'ships too big need to be tended by lighters/shuttles' mentality is one that is oft overlooked, to the detrmiment of exploring the richness of even the most mundane of places in our game experience - the docking hangar.

It's something I've always made sure to take into account with any channels or RP involving Morwen's ships or hangar, especially given the rather large selection of big ships she's got. Glad to see I'm not the only person who thinks of it. /o\
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22