Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That high-orbit shuttle deployment is the most popular method of passenger and freight transportation from planets to space? Read more here.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22

Author Topic: Retribution.  (Read 60830 times)

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
Re: Retribution.
« Reply #75 on: 22 Oct 2012, 10:45 »

I look forward to watching FW space tonight and laughing.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #76 on: 22 Oct 2012, 12:59 »

That sounds good, but how do they plan to fight against the deep lack of balance between factions themselves ? Losing sides need more incentives to fight, winning sides still earn full benefits of their efforts, but do not actually require a lot more effort to keep their systems under control.

I still say that the more systems you control, the more it has to be profitable, but also the more it should be hard to keep.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #77 on: 22 Oct 2012, 13:01 »

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU TOMMORROW?!

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #78 on: 22 Oct 2012, 13:01 »

Good luck! <3
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #79 on: 22 Oct 2012, 13:02 »

Indeed. Perfect way to generate vast amounts of rage from all the minmatar and caldari farmer alts who didn't have time to cash out massively.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #80 on: 22 Oct 2012, 13:02 »

Who the fuck are these guys, and what have they done to CCP!? :eek:

I'll be reading the forums tomorrow to enjoy the fallout from the farmers bitching about this. If there is any, that is.

Having said that, I agree with Lyn. Holding all your space when you own about all of it should be harder than it is, but I'm thinking about this now, and likely it's rather hard to implement such a system that won't be inherently flawed.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #81 on: 22 Oct 2012, 13:05 »

We already got "First Tears" out of Damar.

Tomorrow is promising to be quite hilarious.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Shaalira

• Egger
« Reply #82 on: 22 Oct 2012, 13:28 »

If you're late to the game, you're going to lose out!

Shaalira

• Egger
« Reply #83 on: 22 Oct 2012, 15:29 »

Random predictions:

Mass flipping tonight.  Caldari have started, but the short notice has them at a disadvantage.  They'll still likely flip a large number of systems over the coming days, perhaps enough to swing the warzone heavily into their favor.  Things are more dire for the Amarr.

After the mass flips, system occupancy will become a lot more stable, perhaps stagnant.  Defense is absurdly easy.  Offense will be a pain.  The NPC imbalance will still favor the Minmatar and the Caldari, but having to actually destroy NPCs makes taking medium and large plexes a non-trivial task.    Newbie plexing alts will still exist and have utility - for the defenders.

The jury's out on the quantity of farmers that will remain.  It's hard to say how many of the farming players were rational actors who saw an opportunity, or part of the herd that jumped in after word-of-mouth made the ridiculous Inferno LP returns public knowledge.

FW will still be lucrative, but at a pre-Inferno level of lucrative.  That is to say, not out of line with other low-sec and nullsec sources of income.  It'll still likely have a loyal following, especially among the low-sec PvP die-hards who like their free wardec.

The eve-o forums will be filled with rage, tears, trolling and chestbeating.  But that's like predicting the sun will rise tomorrow.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #84 on: 22 Oct 2012, 18:46 »

The eve-o forums will be filled with rage, tears, trolling and chestbeating.  But that's like predicting the sun will rise tomorrow.
So, it could not happen...  :twisted:

NISYN Aelisha

« Reply #85 on: 23 Oct 2012, 07:32 »

TBH a lot of the vitriol stems from those who have over invested in one activity - a dire mistake in almost any past time or hobby subject to change.  See war games rules iterations, tabletop roleplay or even the latest remake of a graphic novel film franchise adaptation for analogous examples of the 'over committed' being unable to reconcile with the fact that, sometimes, things are going to have to change. 

Personally, I am looking forwards to FW, whether it be better or worse for income, simply because it is something new.  A new challenge to FC in and a new way of waging war against those damned Feds!  For all the fire and bluster, epic poasts and ****poasts alike, we're changing the colours of dots - it is the actions leading up to that moment of blue-to-pink-to-blue or any other combination that define our experience. 

So as a 'screwed by the system' (tongue in cheek while I say that) Caldari - bring it on.  Hot drops us, kill FW income, let the null and high sec players wonder why the hell we play in this glorious ***storm pointless conflict.  The people who know why they are here will still be here, plugging away and forming the lasting bonds that any good communal activity forms.  Hopefully they'll also already know, or come to realise, they're no better or worse than the highest income alliance executor or lowest income veld miner.  They're playing THEIR game, changed as it is, and if they don't like it, there are plenty of 'games' they can call their own in many other areas of EVE. 

IMO, the minute you start playing as if your game play is set in stone, or as a means to 'stand above those other plebs' you've lost EVE.  Win EVE.  Play EVE.  Enjoy the content available to you, or find some that does justice to the time you spend on it.  Few of us will be missed if we just explode in apoplectic, unfounded rage, none of us will be missed by any other those who we founded those so important bonds with in game.  I, for one, look forwards to either adapting to the new conditions, or moving to a new niche if it just isn't my thing anymore - and I hope that either way I will be playing with the guys I have come to know as true 'spacebros' - that's the lasting 'income' any of us can get out of this game that will last.
« Last Edit: 23 Oct 2012, 07:34 by NISYN Aelisha »

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #86 on: 23 Oct 2012, 12:15 »

Last night was a scramble. We demoralized the Minmatar with sheer numbers, they logged, and we dropped caps to reclaim as much as we could. According to our spies, the only thing that filled Minmatar militia chat were whines from farmers.

Death to the Minmatard farmer!

NISYN Aelisha

« Reply #87 on: 23 Oct 2012, 13:01 »

Fight the good fight Aldrith, but remember this is a war on all farmers.  Hopefully now we can see the warriors and soldiers on both sides making their mark, instead of margin-pinching sponges. 

The age of Minmatards, Calderpi, Frog-Farms and Am-aaah-whats-the-use will be over if we follow through on what CCP has started here. 

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #88 on: 23 Oct 2012, 14:49 »

IMO, the minute you start playing as if your game play is set in stone, or as a means to 'stand above those other plebs' you've lost EVE.

I am curious as to your thoughts on this particular strain of thought in regards to my unmoving play style around Sansha's Nation. For context, the entirety of my career is based on advancing the Nation, and certain 'e-bushido' principles are in application, such as my refusal to sell any Sansha tech I acquire to non-Sansha people.

The game certainly feels 'unnecessarily difficult' because of my play style, but I am not certain if my play style is fitting in with the context of your thought.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #89 on: 23 Oct 2012, 15:05 »

I think that Ael is referring more to locking oneself into a single method of ISK generation, or locking one's play focus on a specific mechanic or pew pew style.

Locking yourself into only ever flying one kind of ship, or only partaking in one or two particular element(s) of EVE's gameplay, are among the most effective ways to cause burnout and frustration with the game as it evolves over time. Conversely, spreading out, having experience in, and being open to trying different things in EVE is the easiest way to be "nerf-proof".

If you refuse to fly anything but X ship type or do Y activity ingame in Z kind of fleet, you open yourself to becoming obsolete (for lack of a better word, really) when CCP changes things that affect X Y or Z. If you branch out and are not as restricted, then any given change done by CCP is less likely to affect you negatively. I can fly any subcap in the game, and have played around with most of the different parts of the game aside from things like sovwar, FW, market shenanigans and w-space residency. The odds of CCP doing something that effectively nerfs me are consequently very low - if they break or nerf something, I just switch to something else without any effort.

Of course that's also a 'perk' of having characters that are 80m+ SP, but the principle is the same. If you're not willing to try new things and insist on only doing one thing at all in the game, you increase the odds that any given tweak to the game by CCP can (or will) utterly destroy the entire game for you.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22