Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Evanda Char started life as humble mechanic?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Unofficial video: Tier 2 Destroyers  (Read 12169 times)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Unofficial video: Tier 2 Destroyers
« on: 15 Sep 2012, 12:31 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KneyUBMlQZw&feature=player_embedded

and just released now, although also unofficial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M6n-YhIvno&feature=player_embedded
(If you think the last one was controversial, you ain't seen nothing yet)

This one isn't technically even a destroyer. But I'll slip it in here anyway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cHQq55DU74&feature=youtu.be

Starts off with what you've seen before.. then adds the Gallente destroyer (unskinned). And you should all recognise the fourth ship :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5Eif63YEOA&feature=player_embedded

Stats released: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1979436#post1979436

Time has come to spam this forum section with another sticky - this time on the new destroyers coming out for winter.

The new destroyers keep the same role as existing hulls - anti-frigate platform. However they use alternate weapon systems to reach that goal, which means drones and missiles. Next to the existing destroyers, they have slightly less mobility, more signature radius, less capacitor but have a bit better EHP and increased damage projection due to the weapon types they use. Price will be the same than for existing destroyers.

AMARR DESTROYER:

The Amarr destroyer is designed to take down opposition through indirect means. On the downside, the damage is nothing to write home about, but the combination of energy disruption ability plus drone control makes it dangerous at shutting enemy frigates off, then finishing them properly when they're helpless. It also has quite a generous dronebay, for multiple drone replacements.

Ship bonuses:
+10% to drone damage and hitpoint per level
+20% bonus to energy vampire and energy neutralizer transfer range per level
Role bonus:
+25% to ship capacitor recharge rate
Slot layout: 6 H, 2 M, 4 L, 3 turrets, 3 launchers
Fittings: 55 PWG, 150 CPU
Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 750 / 950 / 850
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / average cap per second): 600 / 370s / 1.62s
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 235 / 2.75 / 1700000 / 4.71s
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 25 / 75
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 39km / 525 / 6
Sensor strength: 10 radar
Signature radius: 66
Cargo capacity: 300

CALDARI DESTROYER:

Missiles, missiles, missiles, missiles, that's what this hull is all about. It spams missiles a quite a long range, and boasts improved explosion velocity to catch those pesky annoying little orbiting frigates.

Ship bonuses:
+5% to rocket and light missile kinetic damage per level
+10% to rocket and light missile explosion velocity per level
Role bonus:
+50% to rocket and light missile velocity
Slot layout: 8 H, 3 M, 2 L, 8 launchers
Fittings: 45 PWG, 210 CPU
Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 950 / 750 / 750
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / average cap per second): 500 / 320s / 1.56s
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 250 / 2.5 / 1900000 / 4.89s
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 0 / 0
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 45km / 475 / 7
Sensor strength: 12 gravimetric
Signature radius: 69
Cargo capacity: 450

GALLENTE DESTROYER:

Gallente are always about raw firepower, that's why this ship combines both turret and drone damage to achieve its goals. While the damage is lower than a Catalyst, remember that drone projection remains stable at much farther ranges (especially with drone damage amplifier changes below). On the downside, it has a limited dronebay next to the Amarr version, making it more difficult to replace lost drones.

Ship bonuses:
+10% to drone damage and HP per level
+5% to small hybrid turret damage per level
Role bonus:
+50% small hybrid turret optimal range
Slot layout: 6 H, 3 M, 3 L, 4 turrets
Fittings: 55 PWG, 150 CPU
Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 800 / 850 / 950
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / average cap per second): 550 / 350s / 1.57s
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 240 / 2.45 / 1800000 / 4.46s
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 25 / 50
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 42km / 500 / 7
Sensor strength: 11 magnetometric
Signature radius: 72
Cargo capacity: 350

MINMATAR DESTROYER:

This ship is unique among all Destroyers as it has a bonus that improves survivability - it is designed to zip around in the battlefield at high velocities while spewing missiles. As a downside however it's less efficient at hitting fast moving targets at greater ranges than the Caldari hull is.

Ship bonuses:
+5% to rocket and light missile explosion damage per level
15% reduction in MicroWarpdrive signature radius penalty per level
Role bonus:
+50% to rocket and light missile velocity
Slot layout: 7 H, 3 M, 3 L, 7 launchers
Fittings: 48 PWG, 200 CPU
Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 850 / 800 / 800
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / average cap per second): 450 / 290s / 1.55s
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 255 / 2.89 / 1600000 / 4.64s
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 0 / 0
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 36km / 550 / 6
Sensor strength: 9 ladar
Signature radius: 60
Cargo capacity: 400

MODULE CHANGES:

Balancing these ships made us realize some further tweaks were needed on some modules to make these destroyers, and as an extend, some other ships / setups more useful.

* All light missile launcher fittings: CPU reduced by 4, PWG reduced by 2
* Drone Damage Amplifier I: CPU increased from 27 to 30, drone damage increased from 15 to 16%
* Drone Damage Amplifier II: CPU reduced from 32 to 30, drone damage increased from 19 to 23%

Please remember all of this still is working progress (especially on the fittings - we're aware that both the Amarr and Gallente variations have exact CPU / PWG ) and up to change.

Look at that, a tiny curse! :D
« Last Edit: 28 Sep 2012, 12:34 by kalaratiri »

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

NISYN Aelisha

Re: Unofficial video: Caldari Tier 2 Destroyer.
« Reply #1 on: 15 Sep 2012, 12:38 »

Impressive.  Loving the recent additions to the Caldari line up visually and hopnig that the other three new dessies are every bit as good!

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #2 on: 15 Sep 2012, 13:33 »

Nice. Appropriate music, too - the thing does look a bit like a u-boat. All it needs is a cov-ops cloak.
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #3 on: 15 Sep 2012, 14:43 »

Gotta say, not as much a fan. It doesn't have that hard edged utility that I've come to like out of the caldari. The Caracal, moa, ferox, blackbird...they have a very certain feel about them that is just very Caldari, and I'm not sure if the new ships have that. The Tengu did, the new scorpion sort of did, the new stealthbomber did, but the new naga didn't at all really, and neither does this new one. It feels more like a Gallente/Caldari or Caldari/Amarr cross project then a straight up Caldari boat.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Jev North

« Reply #4 on: 15 Sep 2012, 16:00 »

Would work if you amputate about the right third of the boat, maybe. I concur with Saede; newer Caldari designs have been way too light on the sharp angles and in-your-face asymetry.

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 15 Sep 2012, 17:00 »

I don't like those little flippers it has. Two on one side, three on the other side?

Must agree... doesn't scream Caldari to me. Caldari ships should look like an accident at a box stacking warehouse.

Then again, my sense of aesthetics might be off, as I consider the Moa to be quite beautiful.
« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2012, 17:23 by hellgremlin »

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 15 Sep 2012, 18:00 »

It actually looks more like a Gallente hull than a Caldari one to me.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Desiderya

« Reply #7 on: 15 Sep 2012, 19:39 »

I like it. But I like the Naga as well, so vOv?
And there is asymmetry, but tastefully dispensed.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #8 on: 15 Sep 2012, 19:46 »

Looks good to me!

Gesakaarin

« Reply #9 on: 16 Sep 2012, 00:45 »

All they need now is a T2 bomber variant so I can launch torpedoes from my space U-boat: Das Boot.

As for aesthetics, it looks like it does its job and is built to do it. Caldari designs to me we were always those utilitarian and functional ones. Doesn't matter if they're asymmetrical or not.

Vikarion

« Reply #10 on: 16 Sep 2012, 02:59 »

I love the Naga and the Rokh, so I like this a lot.  :D

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #11 on: 16 Sep 2012, 04:36 »

There are no tiers! Shame on you. :P
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #12 on: 16 Sep 2012, 05:03 »

I like the Naga, but not this.  :(

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #13 on: 16 Sep 2012, 05:16 »

Well, it sure looks a little gallente on the global shape, but definitly caldari on the details.

I have noticed a new aesthetical trend anyway since Revelation and the tier 2 BCs and tier 3 BSes. We saw minmatar actually (almost) "finished" ships like the hurricane or the maelstrom, symmetrical and aesthetical ships like the Drake or the Rokh for the caldari. The Amarr and Gallente were however pretty loyal to the first racial designs, and the Caldari/Minmatar new ones were still completely fitting, just a bit... different, like a new breed of the next technological generation.

Then it got even deeper when tech 3 appeared.

Caldari lost a lot of its "blocky/brick" appearance and started to got little wings everywhere and a lot of details overall. Their fighters/bombers, as well as their new stealth bomber are very, very Stargate-like to me, elegant jet fighters coming directly from the future. They also have the naga, which is a little more loyal to the old designs (like the drake) but too straight to be similar to a moa or an osprey though.

Gallente started to see new shapes in their totalitarian organic design. I mean, straight shapes, straight wings and a lot of aesthetical bits. You can find them a bit in the propulsion subsystems of the Proteus, but the new Talos screams that litterally and some people almost were tempted to say it had caldari bits here and there when they released it. The core of the hull is too straight and rigid to be completely gallente as well as the left and right wings.

Minmatar remained maybe the closer to their original look, even if there was something definitly new in the Loki.

Amarr also changed a bit with the legion, which seems confused about its general shape, unlike amarr ships that are most often clear cut out of circular basic forms (most visible with their stations especially).

Overall their new design seems to add more and more little details everywhere, making the new shapes a lot more complex. Just get a look at the noctis if you are not convinced. They also seem more dependant/caring of the aesthetical look of their ships, which was less the case with the old designs that were not always designed for their beauty, but they artistic beauty (which is sometimes different).

Or well, that's my feeling.
« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2012, 05:18 by Lyn Farel »

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #14 on: 16 Sep 2012, 05:47 »

Well CCP is giving a new art direction to each. Gallente as per Talos/Velator, Minmatar as per Tornado/Reaper, Amarr as per Maller/Oracle/Impairor, Caldari as per Scorpion/Raven/Drake/Naga/Ibis.

The new Minmatar design is controversial for being less rustic, while I approve of the new Gallente design for being less space turd looking, and more functional
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6