Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Vherokior tribe is a splinter tribe from the Starkmanir tribe? For more, read here.

Author Topic: RP involving children  (Read 1480 times)

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
RP involving children
« on: 03 Sep 2012, 14:50 »

I've noticed a few (including mine) posts that have been ferried off into the catacombs because they have equated role-playing with child characters to paedophilia, or leading to paedophilia.

I understand that the basic concept of these forums is to foster role-play in all its forms.

Which is the problem.

All role-play (from my experience) will lead to sexual content at some point and time, if not out of boredom, then out of 'realism'.

Personally I feel that this community should draw a line in the sand and say 'no' to all role-play involving children.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Jev North

Re: RP involving children
« Reply #1 on: 03 Sep 2012, 15:02 »

I..don't really know what to say. Except "No."

Let me expand that to "No, I don't think that any significant fraction of the EVE RP community are latent pedophiles. Or that the trigger for it would be boredom."

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Re: RP involving children
« Reply #2 on: 03 Sep 2012, 15:15 »

[mod]I'm going to lock this thread, because the premise is, still, 'X kind of RP is/leads to pedophilia.' I don't know who you roleplay with, but I haven't seen any RP that involved children that went in that direction, and saying other people's RP will inevitably lead to sexualized children is a clear and blatant violation of the rules, whatever section of the forum you post it in. I think, if that has been your experience, you should look for what leads to that in your own RP, not assume that everyone else's RP is the same as yours.[/mod]

Also, on review, posting something in the moderation forum that is just a thinly veiled re-iteration of something you already posted and had moderated somewhere else isn't the way to go.

"My post was moderated, but it shouldn't have been because this thing I said that broke the rules is correct." is not a good reason to repost, here or elsewhere.

As has been covered several times: Just because you think you are right about something, it doesn't mean that you can break the rules. There is no special exception because you really, really think you are correct.

In the future, abusing the Moderation Discussion forum to repost thinly veiled, previously moderated material will be very likely to result in summary formal warnings and bans. If you would like to post here, the post need to, to a substantial degree, actually discuss moderation.
« Last Edit: 03 Sep 2012, 18:12 by Silver Night »