Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Hyasyoda megacorporation is part of the 'liberal' faction, but is internally extremely conservative in business and its internal culture, with a great deal of pressure for employees to 'fit in'? It is still largely owned by the founding Osmon family.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Art; uniforms or otherwise!  (Read 42629 times)

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
Re: Art; uniforms or otherwise!
« Reply #105 on: 08 Oct 2012, 02:32 »

BTW, I did not know the Minmatar used Galactic Basic (from Star Wars) as a written language.

uhhh... they don't  :s

It was a joke, Verone ;)

The writings in Ava's picture reminded me of it, and I shared a table of the symbols to show why.

Obviously, they don't use the language, if that was written anywhere official you would soon hear the lock-step boots of the Lukasarts lawyer army marching into CCP's HQ.

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #106 on: 08 Oct 2012, 07:56 »

BTW, I did not know the Minmatar used Galactic Basic (from Star Wars) as a written language.

uhhh... they don't  :s

There are a lot of minmatar out there Verone - if people want to run with this, why not let them?

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #107 on: 08 Oct 2012, 08:01 »

Could always use a derivation of Standard Galactic like minecraft and some other games do.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Leopold Caine

• Egger
  • Angels are never far...
« Reply #108 on: 08 Oct 2012, 08:21 »

Per corpmate's demand, after we talked about what would the Angel ground troops we RP around with on the surface of Akila II look like in flesh. Just a quick draft on a bus ride today, might make a larger and more detailed one later:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #109 on: 08 Oct 2012, 09:30 »

Per corpmate's demand, after we talked about what would the Angel ground troops we RP around with on the surface of Akila II look like in flesh. Just a quick draft on a bus ride today, might make a larger and more detailed one later:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

evelyn_anna

« Reply #110 on: 11 Mar 2013, 17:37 »

(post omitted)
« Last Edit: 30 May 2013, 15:33 by evelyn_anna »

Lucius_Vindictus

• Clonejack
« Reply #111 on: 12 Mar 2013, 05:56 »

Wow, this thread is great! I love your drawings, Ava! I have seen them around in the profiles of players who are proudly showing them off. It figures that there is a lot more material I hadn't seen yet  :)

And Evelyn, I like your style and imagination. You nail everything down to the small details.

I'm not in the same league as the artists here who make their own work. What I do is what i call: "photofrankenstein" where I merge different parts of random images I find online or from screenshots in the game. The only things I need to draw myself are some missing details. I then rescale, recolor, shift and rotate until it all fits. Sadly I lack the time to learn to properly draw by myself, so I rarely draw anything from scratch. So most of the time I am limited by the composition of the main image I chose to work with. So the result looks a little out of place in EVE. But it is useful in my attempts to convey a story. Like the following image that I made for my former CEO at the Khanid Trade Syndicate.

The image was the graphic illustration to a story i wrote about an "infomorph collective" (OOC: a slew of alts).

It is good enough for my RP stories and forum posts, etc. But I can't truly publish any of it and claim it to be completely my own work, though.
« Last Edit: 12 Mar 2013, 07:22 by Lucius_Vindictus »

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #112 on: 13 Mar 2013, 18:19 »

Some fricking good works here! Almost makes me want to create some. Perhaps I'll do so some day.
So far, the only EVE related visual art I did was IC, an abstract painting relating to the Sani Sabik, titled "Let It Flow", IIRC:

Ché promised a certain lady he would make another version of this one, but he's taking his time.

Also, Ava, some constructive critisism: Practice at creating more diversity in your faces, the khanid lady looks a lot like Ava. Oh, and I loved the kid in the first drawing you posted as well.
And uhm...mind if I "finish" your last drawing? :P ;)
-OOChé

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #113 on: 14 Mar 2013, 08:24 »

@Evelyn: LOVE this picture! I also appreciate the nod to Tron, very classy!

@Lucius: I still don't get how you can mash all these things together and come out with something that looks as good as your graphics do, there's an art unto that itself I think.

@Che: I don't get most art, but I do like the look of this one, and it seems rather symbolic of the growing Sani Sabik plague infesting the cluster :)
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #114 on: 15 Mar 2013, 14:59 »

Looky what a friend colored for me!

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #115 on: 15 Mar 2013, 15:00 »

Also, Ava, some constructive critisism: Practice at creating more diversity in your faces, the khanid lady looks a lot like Ava. Oh, and I loved the kid in the first drawing you posted as well.
And uhm...mind if I "finish" your last drawing? :P ;)

No worries. I try to do a bit of diversity. Harder than it sounds. I'll be more conscious of it.

And I dont mind if you play with any of my art if you wish.

Ava

Sakura Nihil

• Egger
  • Glory
« Reply #116 on: 15 Mar 2013, 20:37 »

I did not see a new art thread anywhere... but it's my favorite thing and there needs to me more.  And since it's not really a discussion so much as a collection, I thought I'd just post here. I hope that is okay.

I think it's Evelyn on some Caldari station wearing a Tron prom dress. Or something.

or slightly larger - http://i.imgur.com/jmYCCfH.jpg

I really like this pic!  Who did it?

Also, bonus points for Cloud Ring.

evelyn_anna

« Reply #117 on: 19 Mar 2013, 01:09 »

(post omitted)
« Last Edit: 30 May 2013, 15:34 by evelyn_anna »

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #118 on: 19 Mar 2013, 09:49 »

Oh wow. Evelyn, these are great. I love the DUST bunnie.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #119 on: 19 Mar 2013, 10:11 »

Nice tea party! This piece shows the grim New Eden universe with a bit of twisted humor. Very appropriate!
Disturbingly, I suspect at least a few capsuleers are having similar parties.
-OOChé
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12