Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the 25ers resurfaced in YC106 to protest the monopoly then held by the empires on deadspace warp beacon technology.

Author Topic: [Character] Jev North  (Read 3037 times)

Jev North

[Character] Jev North
« on: 19 Aug 2012, 08:19 »

More soon.

Kybernetes Moros

Re: [Character] Jev North
« Reply #1 on: 19 Aug 2012, 08:37 »

My perennial jealousy of people with artistic ability is flaring up again now.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #2 on: 19 Aug 2012, 08:47 »

Tilda Swinton is that you???

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Jev North

« Reply #3 on: 19 Aug 2012, 08:59 »

It should be noted that this isn't my own work, but something done by the lovely and talented Saerel, whom I've known since my NWN days.

Tilda Swinton is that you???
The resemblance is unintentional, but yes, did turn out that way. I was quite dismayed to find she'd already been claimed in the character stand-ins thread.
« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2012, 09:04 by Jev North »

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 19 Aug 2012, 21:10 »

Your pro wrestling is an art man.  Your characters family helped create it.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Jev North

« Reply #5 on: 12 Jan 2013, 07:52 »

I found a thing I wrote about three years back, when Jevvles was just a babby capsuleer and unwisely enrolled her little corporation into the Militia.

Quote from: War Diaries
Day 1 - I'm quartered in [REDACTED]. My business associate delivers a Mammoth-class industrial's worth of frigates and fittings, all cheap hulls and cut-rate equipment. I expect to lose them to stupid rookie mistakes, so there's no point in paying millions of ISK per hull to improve my survival chances by a few percent. My first foray out into Black Rise and Placid nets a close encounter with the Gallente militia or six, mostly on gates. In a frigate, they're easy to zip past, and I do just that - none of these fights would be anywhere close to a match for a Merlin, and I'm no idiot. After a few hour's patrol, I return with no control points found or captured. Unsuccessful but intact. At least it proves that the warzone is survivable.

Day 2 - Snuck deep into Essence, and found an undefended control point. Captured it. Gallente non-capsuleer navy hits hard up close, they're pretty fond of their blasters. They don't stand a chance either way. No intervention from Gallente capsuleer militia.

Day 4 - I'm again deep into Essence when I stumble upon two fellow militiamen capturing a minor and standard installation. Offer my help as a tackler, and we fleet up. They insist upon me joining voice comms, and proceed not to use it. Ensuingly, I'm tackling a pirate Dramiel as it comes to spoil our little party when they warp out. It's scrambled me right back when I notice I have no backup, and there's a single line saying "we don't fight this one" in fleet chat. The rest of the story is predictable, and I decide to call it a day after climbing back out of the clone vat in the State Protectorate station.

Day 5 - I find three minor installations in a low-traffic system in Placid and capture the lot of them. No capsuleer intervention, although d-scanning shows a pirate Zealot sniffing at the gate at one point. Received a field promotion to 2nd. Lieutenant immediately after capturing the last.

Day 6 - Hal sends word he's been ambushed by a Gallente militiaman while leaving station in Umokka, smack dab in the middle of The Forge hi-sec. Reason Gallente's got "gall" in it, I guess. Guy calls himself LuckyPunch. Unsure why Navy station manager lets self-declared enemies of the State dock. Suspect deep-seated corruption.

Day 7 - I clone-jump to Umokka, and head over to the station Hal was ambushed at. The station manifest reads one LuckyPunch as docked. I suspect he's still up to the same trick he pulled on Hal - likely has friendly eyes on grid, and will try and jump me in a ship tailored to defeat my shiptype as soon as I undock. I also expect he'll rely on surprise and panic as an enemy militia ships opens fire at close range during an undock procedure usually thought safe more than solid fitting and tactics. I throw a long point and some e-war modules on the Harpy and undock. I'm ready; he's surprised at prey actually fighting back. One dead Catalyst. It's no Drake, but it feels like a little payback, at least.

Day 7, later - Me and some shiftless Caldari militiamen play docking games with him and a friend of his for a while. Harpy doesn't have the punch to do more than scratch their Hyperions' armour. Rather a lot of ammo expended for little effect. One of my fellow militiamen loses a Crow before we manage to shoot up their drones. Bummer.

Day 8 - Consolidation. Spot of poor linkage has me deciding against heading out while the techs find and fix the problem. I plan fits, consider tactics, and talk idly with fellow militiamen about their experiences. With luck, I'll be back in the shit tomorrow.

Jev North

• Egger
Thread necromancy
« Reply #6 on: 18 Apr 2015, 16:47 »

More soon.in two years and change

In full ball regalia (preliminary version.)
Pinocchio forces another handful of flesh into his tiny wooden mouth. "You are what you eat," he sobs. "You are what you eat."

Halcyon

• Queen of Chocolate
  • Egger
  • Bewbs
« Reply #7 on: 20 Apr 2015, 10:56 »

I met Jev, she was pleasant

Jev North

• Egger
« Reply #8 on: 20 Apr 2015, 13:00 »

I met Jev, she was pleasant
An illusion caused by the lack of warp scrambler and guns equipped on her dress.
Pinocchio forces another handful of flesh into his tiny wooden mouth. "You are what you eat," he sobs. "You are what you eat."

Halcyon

• Queen of Chocolate
  • Egger
  • Bewbs
« Reply #9 on: 20 Apr 2015, 13:06 »

I shall keep all meetings personal rather than ship to ship then

Jev North

• Egger
« Reply #10 on: 26 Feb 2017, 05:01 »

A certain someone gifted me a commissioned portrait piece and aaaaa

(By http://coupleofkooks.deviantart.com/)
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2017, 17:46 by Jev North »