Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Sarum family is known for being the most belligerent royal family?

Author Topic: [Character] Azdan Amith  (Read 3265 times)

ArtOfLight

[Character] Azdan Amith
« on: 23 Jul 2012, 09:25 »

Name: Azdan Amith
Date of Birth: YC 86.07.21 (Age 28)
Ethnicity: Amarr - True Amarr
Hair Color: Black (Natural), rapid fade to white past roots
Eye Color: Hazel, diamond-shaped brown flecks
Height: 6'0" (182.88 cm)
Weight: 186 lb. (Natural), 246 lb. (Augmented) (84.37kg/111.58kg)

Pre-Capsuleer Background

The only son of minor Holders Radoje and Viyene Amith, Azdan was raised with the education (and indoctrination) expected of the heir to a Holder family. Early education showed significant aptitude in theology, sociology, literature and history; leading to recognition of possible clergy careers from a very young age. Azdan maintained a personal log of reflections upon Scripture from the time he could write and was often distanced from his peers due to a devout focus in this area of his life.

By the time Azdan reached secondary school, he had developed significant interest in military strategy and service, becoming the team captain of his school's varsity TAG (Tactics and Gunnery) team (a sport in which two opposing teams (called squads) are armed with low-frequency (non-harmful) laser weaponry and suited in receiver body armor designed to indicate when hits had been placed; the squads compete in a series of events from capture the flag to territorial control and outright slayer competitions). By the time he had reached his senior year of education, Azdan held a reputation as a crack shot marksman in both hand guns and rifles as well as recognition as a local chapel priest.

By the time of his graduation from secondary school, Azdan had several promising career options in both religious and military paths, as well as a possible chaplaincy to the Imperial Navy. Indeed, everything appeared to be going well until a bitter betrayal caused Azdan's world to shake uncontrollably.

Azdan's greatest friend and supporter since his earliest years in primary school was a young man named Maric Kor-Ashal, the son of a wealthy common house that had been vying for status as Holders for the past two generations. After graduation, Maric charged Azdan's parents with a number of false charges, including illegal trafficking of slaves, drug smuggling, attempted political assassinations and heresy. Presenting evidence of his charges, Maric moved for the immediate arrest and seizure of the Amith family holdings; a move that allowed for the Kor-Ashal family to push for replacement of the Amith family to maintain the political balance in the region.

While Lord and Lady Amith were under investigation, Azdan's career was frozen solid and he was denied access to his old estates, leaving him dependent on support from colleagues and friends. During this time, Azdan illegally entered his old estates and gathered surveillance and evidence that would prove the innocence of his family and restore their holdings.

After the deliberations were over, the Amith family was cleared of all charges and restored to their former status, with charges being placed on the Kor-Ashal family for crimes against a Holder estate. Azdan's parents were assassinated on their way to their estates by a bomb in the shuttle before they could return. This placed Azdan as the Holder of the estates, granting him political and social influence he had not held before.

Using this position, Azdan purchased a number of small arms and rifles from various vendors using pseudonyms and falsified identification records. A year after the assassination of his family, Azdan systematically assassinated the Kor-Ashal family (Maric, his father, mother and sister) who were serving penal slavery in neighboring estates for their crimes. The ballistic traces of the weapons used in their execution led to ghosts, which caused a prolonging of the investigation (though it was conducted with less-than-earnest vigor given the social status and standing of the Kor-Ashal family).

Feeling he could no longer righteously lead those under his charge toward God given his own sins, Azdan emancipated his holdings and relinquished his title stating that the region had become too unstable and the history between his family and the nearby estates would lead to further conflict. After being denied entry into the Imperial Navy on suspicions of criminal activity, Azdan submitted to an offer from an anonymous third party for capsuleer compatibility testing. Having no career ahead of him and the very real threat that he would be indicted for his crimes against the Kor-Ashal family, Azdan accepted the offer and tested compatible.

Upon graduation from the Imperial Academy's capsuleer training program, Azdan's criminal history was cleared by the anonymous party and Azdan began a new chapter in his life.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Re: [Character] Azdan Amith
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jul 2012, 09:37 »

Eeeeeexcellent. I like the backstory on this one; Esna will be most interested in meeting him.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

ArtOfLight

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jul 2012, 06:59 »

Azdan visits Mercy's Keep frequently, if Esna wants to try meeting him there. He's also on The Summit regularly.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jul 2012, 17:03 »

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jul 2012, 18:00 »

<please delete>
« Last Edit: 24 Jul 2012, 18:05 by Gottii »
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 12 Aug 2012, 23:48 »

Hey, Im aware I owe you RP from the conversation on the IGS.  Had an illness in the family and havent been online much.

Let me know if you want to still have that IC talk sometime.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

ArtOfLight

« Reply #6 on: 13 Aug 2012, 05:26 »

I hope everything is alright with your family and don't fret too much over the conversation. We'll catch up with each other at some point, it's not urgent.

I'll be keeping your family in prayer.

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
« Reply #7 on: 20 Aug 2012, 12:35 »

After spending the majority of his first month in space observing and learning about the events and history of the cluster (which previously had been closed to him due to the limitations of information), Azdan has begun to delve into his more militant nature. While not forsaking his theological studies and continuing to operate as a priest and minister, Azdan has relinquished his position as a priest and instead established a small order dedicated entirely to purging the elements of corruption from within the Empire and creating a solid front against the enemies of the faith and Empire.

While still remaining loyal to the Empire at large, Azdan has taken careful note of what he considers to be seeds of corruption buried in the heart of the Empire's operations. To this end, the Order of Light's Retribution was founded with the express purpose of being the Black Knights of the Amarr, engaging enemies that few other would. Corrupt Holders, insurgents and criminal organizations hiding behind corporate fronts and religious establishments, freedom fighters and open criminals all are marked for resistance by the Order.

Even so, while Azdan begins to bring his war of Light against Darkness to the forefront of his motivations, he struggles within himself to not lose sight of the compassion and humility he has held dear for so long. Conviction must not forsake compassion, vigilance must not betray compassion and dedication must not usurp humility.
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 09 Sep 2012, 17:58 »

I suggest treading more carefully in in threads relating to the Caldari, your previous experiences show through sometimes.

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
« Reply #9 on: 09 Sep 2012, 21:44 »

I suggest treading more carefully in in threads relating to the Caldari, your previous experiences show through sometimes.

A large part of that is due to Azdan spending a significant time with Caldari, honestly. His interactions on IGS are strictly from his understanding based on speaking with them at length and it is not all entirely accurate information if someone wished to dissect it.

I appreciate the warning, however. I will perhaps draw back.
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #10 on: 09 Sep 2012, 22:20 »

Seemed like there was some bleed through on the WHG thread.  I know that if I dropped Dex for a different character, I would still watch what LDIS was doing and be tempted to defend them on IGS if someone was being a bit obtuse.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #11 on: 10 Sep 2012, 07:52 »

Fantastic character history! A pleasure to read and I look forward to hearing more from you in the RP world.