Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That, even on non-capsuleer vessels, ship command sections are designed to be sheared off and function as an escape capsule? (The Burning Life p. 85)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Inferno: Where's mah fancy clothes?  (Read 4297 times)

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
Re: Inferno: Where's mah fancy clothes?
« Reply #30 on: 19 Jun 2012, 22:16 »

I can't say I miss the hood visor. It made half of the khanid men look like they're a Daft Punk member.

Having giggled my way through the highlights of original-EVE women's hairstyles I have a question: what things do we really miss? Really?

For me:

-- men's long hair that's stylish and tidy without looking too much like Legolas

-- clothes that look like they fit: it felt like "more realistic" was interpreted as "has pull lines", although we never saw much below the shoulders of the old models for comparison.

There are other things I miss a little bit--I used Mata's old hair ornament as a hook for her relationship with one of her uncles--and there are things that were new with Incarna that I wish were different, but there's not a huge amount more about what we used to have that I mourn the loss of.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #31 on: 19 Jun 2012, 22:27 »

I have a question: what things do we really miss? Really?

The damn female True Amarr hairstyle that was half pulled back and half loose, damnit!
Yes, I do find a perverse pleasure in the sickening thuds emanating from the percussive dead horse I keep in my basement, thank you very much.

Edit: Your point is valid, though. Everything else is largely just pointless nostalgia to me.
« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2012, 22:29 by Mizhara »

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #32 on: 19 Jun 2012, 23:45 »

I miss the Brutor monopoly on aviator sun glasses.  It was our thing man.  :cry:
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #33 on: 20 Jun 2012, 00:07 »

I miss the Brutor monopoly on aviator sun glasses.  It was our thing man.  :cry:

I was going to say "But your eyes are lovely when you dry those tears"...

What I will say is "How many other people used some aspect of their portrait as a story hook?"

-- A personalised hair bead.
-- Marked sensitivity to light.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #34 on: 20 Jun 2012, 01:13 »

I was gonna say no, but then I remembered that Ze'ev originally had a lot of stubble in his portrait. So I decided he must've been on an epic bender when that was taken. Which meant I had to come up with a reason for him to be on an epic bender...which led to a lot of other things.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Syylara/Yaansu

• Egger
« Reply #35 on: 20 Jun 2012, 16:49 »

I miss the earpieces on certain jackets and the optical reticle on certain hairstyles for Caldari.

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #36 on: 20 Jun 2012, 18:15 »

I miss the top knot/hair buns on top of head Caldari hairstyle (though think it should be updated, if it is brought back).

I was gonna say no, but then I remembered that Ze'ev originally had a lot of stubble in his portrait. So I decided he must've been on an epic bender when that was taken. Which meant I had to come up with a reason for him to be on an epic bender...which led to a lot of other things.

Including more epic benders.
Pages: 1 2 [3]