Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Saxon Hawke's son Ravi died in a drug-related hovercar crash that had connections to the Serpentis "Aenebra" cult? Read more about it here

Author Topic: Minecraft Ships! Because of :bored:  (Read 507 times)

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
Minecraft Ships! Because of :bored:
« on: 21 May 2012, 09:06 »

So.

I started playing Minecraft again in a lot of my spare time as I can pick it up and put it down a lot more than I can EVE and one of my friends from uni pointed me towards the Tekkit pack, which is a collection of mods put in one really easy to use pack that self installs and has its own launcher and bits. Mega easy and simple.

Basically it adds a huge amount of new stuff, but the bits I like are the huge new range of machines and power generation you can use, its pretty evenly balanced and is hugely great fun to play on a good server (there are a couple around)

Aaannndd well I decided I wanted to see if I could build a ship inspired by EVE in-game, so I chose the Hurricane, for its just awesomeness and cut its in-game listed length in half and went to work
Its great fun to rip a design like the Hurricane and just make it shiny and with my design tastes for a change of pace.. hence why its silver and not rusty >.> (cheapo minnies :P )

About 2 1/2 hours latter this [spoiler][/spoiler]
Is what I had to show for my work.

I am using creative mode principly because the sheer amount of metal required to make this is soooooooooooooooooo huge that it would take me months to mine and smelt all the ore.

So, anyone else made crazy things themselves? I have seen other players build amazing things. IE A full scale Rifter and well scaled Amarr Titan, but these people are a little mad.

Hopefully will have my little projects outer skin finished in the next week or so and then I will start on designing the interiors, complete (as possible) with Engines, cabling and the works - or at least make it look like it.

Cheers o/

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean