Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The 1st Praetorian Guard is an Amarrian Imperial Navy-affiliated Special Operations unit? Read more here

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Summit / OOC  (Read 5374 times)

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
The Summit / OOC
« on: 06 May 2012, 15:22 »

Hey,

What do you think of having a small forum section here for discussion about The Summit?

Hopefully it can alleviate some of the strain on my evemail box!  8)

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
Re: The Summit / OOC
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2012, 15:30 »

Are there particular types of things you'd like to see discussed?

I've actually had a couple of quite good discussions on The Summit in the last month.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 07 May 2012, 03:18 »

Opinions on what should be allowed/discouraged there would be a start. Arrangement of gatherings or event-sort of ideas would also be good.

I don't run the place as a democracy or anything, but I like feedback that isn't just the stack of complaints I receive. ("This guy I never like and always argue with? I saw him saying something against the rules! FUCK HIM UP NOW!")

Maybe there could be an IC area too? Something that discussions in the channel could relate to? Just thinking aloud here.

The Summit and OOC have, unfortunately, become some of the last active places RPers go anymore. I'd like to keep it attached in some way to the actual hub of that community (this site).
« Last Edit: 07 May 2012, 03:25 by Graelyn »

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2012, 04:57 »

I don't know. I am only on the Summit for the few characters that have interesting discussions to provide for mine (which does not happen often). I couldnt tell what would be good for the channel. And I certainly won't say you should change its purpose and the way it is used. I may not be fond of it, but it fills an obvious purpose and players seem to like it that way.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #4 on: 07 May 2012, 06:38 »

I'd be up for this, or at least some sort of place for We Moderators to discuss things, weather that be here, or on a mailing list, or something.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #5 on: 07 May 2012, 07:39 »

I'm up for it. I think we can probably set up a user group for the Summit/OOC mod staff as well but that'll require someone w/ Admin-level stuff, which I don't have atm. :P
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #6 on: 07 May 2012, 12:44 »

My only concern would be making sure that people realize that the rules for the site still apply there (particularly given that they are different from the rules in the Summit/OOC).

I think we could fairly easily set it up so mods for the summit have mod in the section or subsection.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #7 on: 07 May 2012, 12:52 »

On the admin side of things, how would that work with post-reporting?

I'm not so sure about an IC section, if a Summit area is going to be held to the same rules as on the rest of the forum (which, tbh, it probably should be for consistency's sake), there's pretty much a full guarantee we're going to be nuking the majority of any IC posting in that area.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #8 on: 07 May 2012, 13:06 »

Well, not sure about an IC section. My personal opinion has generally been that an IC section would need different rules, and would be better served by having an entire separate forum for IC interaction.

As far as reported posts, global mods could just let the Summit/OOC folks know when there was a report. I'd be willing to forward the reports via PM to them or whatever worked. I don't forsee there being so many reports that it becomes a problem.

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #9 on: 08 May 2012, 21:36 »

The reporting mod doesn't support sending reports to multiple locations by default. Probably not an impossible feature to add, but that will depend on me learning more php to do it. :P Silver's solution should work fine as a low-tech option.
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
« Reply #10 on: 31 May 2012, 19:12 »

So, a definite maybe then?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #11 on: 31 May 2012, 21:41 »

The reporting mod doesn't support sending reports to multiple locations by default. Probably not an impossible feature to add, but that will depend on me learning more php to do it. :P Silver's solution should work fine as a low-tech option.

I'm the only overlapping mod at the moment, so I don't mind the report-reporting, meta-reporting, or whatever we want to call it.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #12 on: 01 Jun 2012, 01:39 »

Just a quick aside, Kala sent Graelyn a mail about becoming a summit mod about two or three weeks ago, and I've had nothing at all in reply. Did I actually send it or did it get through? :p

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
« Reply #13 on: 03 Jun 2012, 20:36 »

I got it. I've already named a new mod tho.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #14 on: 04 Jun 2012, 07:45 »

ah, ok. Fair enough.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani
Pages: [1] 2