Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Solteur-class titans are not the same as the Erebus-class titans piloted by Capsuleers?

Author Topic: When "Best of Show" eats the judge  (Read 2103 times)

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
When "Best of Show" eats the judge
« on: 06 May 2012, 10:53 »

So, slaver dogs.

It seems inevitable that the Amarrians would, at some point, have tried breeding these selectively (they've kinda made an art form out off doing it with their captive human populations, after all). On this subject, canon gives us little information: a slaver dog is a drooler is a slaver dog. The Amarr use them as perimeter-patrol animals around plantations. They like lurking in trees, jumping ridiculous distances, and eating people. They're trainable, if you don't mind taking your life in your hands training them.

But-- surely there must be different breeds, by now?

A larger, heavier breed for guarding plantation perimeters on planets with less three-dimensional landscapes? A gentler, friendlier breed for the interstellar pet trade? A smarter, more disciplined breed for use by the security services?

... A tiny, cute, bad-tempered version that fits up ladies' sleeves and frequently tries to shred people's ankles? (That's only half a joke.)

Several variations on each?

So, this is an invitation to generate quasi-canon: presuming various breeds exist, what would they be named and what would their characteristics be?

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain

Chell Charon

• Egger
  • IC: Main> Lord Crow Alts> Too many
1. Think what you are about to say.
2. Know why you are about to speak up.
-This is here for me, I need the reminder.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
\o/

Chell Charon

• Egger
  • IC: Main> Lord Crow Alts> Too many
1. Think what you are about to say.
2. Know why you are about to speak up.
-This is here for me, I need the reminder.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
Re: When "Best of Show" eats the judge
« Reply #5 on: 06 May 2012, 12:29 »

There's also stats for everything else a ship might have. LAYZOR EYES WITH ROCKET PODS AND FORCE SHIELDS.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 06 May 2012, 13:31 »

Actually, my wife (who briefly played Jihun Sujui, as some of you who were in Ghost Festival might remember) had a lovely suggestion for an alternate miniature slaver (perhaps a variant?), the "sleeve terror."

This is a miniature slaver that is indeed bred from the runts of the litter, but not from the stupidest or the most placid. It displays all the primary characteristics of a slaver dog, including agility, aggression, and fierce loyalty, but is roughly the size of a large Chihuahua. Its leaping capability is slightly greater-than-proportional to its size; it cannot leap as high or far as a full-sized slaver, but can easily pounce straight across a mid-sized room at, not coincidentally, neck height.

These are popular as pets, and a concealed form of personal defense, among certain Amarrian nobles, especially women, who commonly carry pairs of them in their long, loose sleeves.

For those of you who have played "Dark Souls," imagine the Doom Chihuahuas from Blight Town, only with better jumping and without the fire breath. Oh, and, of course, much more cute and fuzzy.

(I love being married to this woman.)

Edit:

Oh, and they've been bred to salivate less, or only at appropriate times, so as to limit the need for extra-absorbent sleeves.
« Last Edit: 06 May 2012, 13:48 by Aria Jenneth »

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #7 on: 06 May 2012, 15:34 »

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Hybrid_Slaver_Hounds

badum-tish!

Slaver hounds with greenish camo patterns for fur. Sexy. :eek:

Telsa

• Clonejack
  • Telsa Ka'al's in the dressing room...
« Reply #8 on: 21 Jul 2012, 07:19 »

... Its leaping capability is slightly greater-than-proportional to its size; it cannot leap as high or far as a full-sized slaver, but can easily pounce straight across a mid-sized room at, not coincidentally, neck height...

http://youtu.be/XcxKIJTb3Hg?t=1m16s
 :eek: