Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The 1st Praetorian Guard is an Amarrian Imperial Navy-affiliated Special Operations unit? Read more here

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Bhaalgorn Under the Bed  (Read 5038 times)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
The Bhaalgorn Under the Bed
« on: 21 Apr 2012, 13:06 »

As something different:

Once, long ago, there was a little boy called Avel, and he lived with his parents on Athra.

Avel was a good boy, until one day, his mummy said it was time for bed, and Avel said "no!"

His mummy was very cross, and said that naughty children that did not go to bed were eaten by demons.

Avel did not believe this, and said he did not believe in demons, and would stay up all night if he wanted.

His mummy spanked him and told him to go to sleep, and left the room.

Avel did not go to sleep and said "I'm going to stay up all night!". Then he heard a noise from under the bed.

It was a Bhaalgorn!

The Bhaalgorn said "Why are you awake at this time, little boy?". And Avel said "I can stay up if I want!".

The Bhaalgorn said "Did your mummy not tell you to go to bed?". And Avel said "Yes, but I don't have to."

Then the Bhaalgorn said "You are a naughty little boy, so I am going to eat you." And Avel said "No! Why? You're an evil demon and I don't believe in you!"

The Bhaalgorn said "Is it not Written? In the beginning all things were as one. God parted them and breathed life into his creation. Divided the parts and gave each its place. And unto each, bestowed purpose. ? I am a Bhaalgorn. My Purpose, given to my by God, is to eat naughty children that do not go to bed when their mummy says so. I am most certainly not evil, when serving the Lord in this way."

And Avel screamed and screamed, and his mummy appeared. "Avel, what is wrong?" she said.

"Mummy, there's a Bhaalgorn under the bed that was going to eat me because I was naughty!" said Avel.

Avel's mummy looked under the bed, and the Bhaalgorn looked back out. "Hello." said the Bhaalgorn.

"You can't eat my child!" said Avel's mummy, crying. "Eat me instead, but let him live!"

The Bhaalgorn shook its head. "I cannot eat you. Though, I am impressed by your willingness to sacrifice yourself for another. For it is Written: For whosoever shall lay his life down for his Lord, He shall be taken into the arms of God, And forever consecrated will he be. Since you would sacrifice yourself for your child, I shall leave you be."

Avel's mummy opened the window and said "Please leave, Bhaalgorn."

The Bhaalgorn flew up to the window ledge, and said "I shall, Righteous and Noble Amarr woman, but be Warned! If your child is naughty again, I will be forced to return to eat him, and there will be no way to stop me. For it is Written: woe to the soul who dares to knock twice."

And with that, the Bhaalgorn flew out the window.

Avel's mummy hugged him tightly "This is why I said you were to go to bed, Avel"

Avel was really sorry, and from that day on, went to bed when his mummy said so. As all good children should, because the Bhaalgorn is watching, ready to follow God's command to eat naughty children that disobey their mummy.

END
\o/

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
Re: The Bhaalgorn Under the Bed
« Reply #1 on: 21 Apr 2012, 13:34 »

This is adorable. Aldy is going to tell this one to his son.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #2 on: 21 Apr 2012, 20:57 »

Fucking Victory.  8)

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #3 on: 22 Apr 2012, 04:51 »

Why, I didnt sleep this night. I hope you are proud of yourself.

:cube:

Jekaterine

• Like the wind
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
  • Wandering the halls of Chatsubo
« Reply #4 on: 22 Apr 2012, 07:05 »

I love it.

:cube:

Quote from: Ciarente the beatific, patron saint of moderators big and small
ban ban ban

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #5 on: 25 Apr 2012, 10:15 »

I like this, maybe a little too much.

Lately, my real-life son's acted a bit like Avel. He's nearly four, so that's normal but my patience has its limits and his inability to disbelieve in monsters under the bed is a useful tool.

So I modified the story and told it to him tonight. Worked a treat. I'll deal with the psychological trauma in years to come.

Thanks Louella! :D

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 25 Apr 2012, 14:12 »

Please tell me you're going to do more Amarrian children's stories, Lou. Pwease?

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 25 Apr 2012, 15:16 »

You are certainly the best at bringing everyday Amarr to life, Lou. Love it.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #8 on: 29 Apr 2012, 22:02 »

Lou, that's awesome  :cube:

Do want more.

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #9 on: 30 Apr 2012, 12:30 »

thanks all :)

i will try and write more, wehn the inspiration grabs me :)
\o/

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #10 on: 08 Sep 2012, 08:25 »

Jonto the Slave's Big Adventure

Once, there was a slave called Jonto, who lived on his Holder's estates in the Bleak Lands.
Jonto was a farmhand, and drove his tractor up and down the fields each day, tending to the crops that his Holder grew. He liked his job, as it had lots of sunlight and fresh air.

One day, as he was out tending to the crops, he saw an aircraft land in a nearby field, flattening the crops that were growing there.
"How rude" thought Jonto, "Those crops are ruined now, what a waste."

Some odd looking men in uniforms came out of the aircraft and ran over to Jonto and his tractor.
"Bror, har vi kommet for å frigjøre deg, bli med oss​​!" they said, which Jonto did not understand.
"I'm sorry, what did you say?" said Jonto.

"Han snakker ikke Matari, den uheldige mannen." said one of them. Another one of them then threw a net over Jonto, and carried him off to the aircraft.
"Help! help!" said Jonto "I'm being kidnapped!", but then one of the odd looking men clubbed him and knocked him out.

When Jonto awoke, he looked around, and saw that he was aboard a spaceship, along with some other men and women that had been abducted.
"What's going on?" he said.
"We've been rescued by Republic freedom fighters" said one man.
"Rescued? from what?" said Jonto.
"From a life of slavery and misery" said the man.
"I wasn't miserable?" said Jonto, confused.
"You were, deep down" said the man. "Even if you didn't think you were, you were miserable."

Jonto didn't understand, and stared at the floor. One of the women sat next to him. "Are you missing your home?" she said.
"Yes, I liked my farming job" said Jonto. "My name's Jonto, by the way."
"I'm Salleh" said the woman. "I used to farm as well. Now I don't know what's happening, and I'm scared"
"Me too" said Jonto.

Just then, one of the uniformed men arrived along with a uniformed woman.
"Gled dere, brødre og søstre, vi tar deg til friheten i republikken!" said the man.
"Rejoice, brothers and sisters, we are taking you to freedom in the Republic! said the woman.
Some of the people in the room cheered. Others like Jonto and Salleh didn't say anything.

The ship travelled on for a few hours, but then there was a sudden noise of an alarm, and flashing red lights.
"What is it, what's going on?" said Jonto.
"Pirates!" said someone. "We're being attacked!"

Just then there was a loud bang, and the ship shook. The lights flickered and there was a smell of burning electrical wire.
Jonto was scared, and mumbled a prayer to Saint Junip. He heard Salleh also praying, and went over beside her, to hold her hand.
"Thanks Jonto" said Salleh.

There was another loud bang, and then silence. The lights flickered again, then went out completely, before the dim emergency lights came on.
"We've stopped." said someone.

There was the sound of people running through the corridors outside, then some gunfire. A shape appeared at the doorway.
"det er blod pakt!" said the figure.

"What did he say?" said Salleh. "I don't know" said Jonto. "It's the Blood raiders" said someone else.
"Blood raiders? God save us!" said Salleh.
"Oh, hush with your god talk" said another woman.

There was more gunfire, then it fell silent. Another shape passed the doorway, then another, then another, before one came into the doorway.
"Aharrr, what have we here?" said a coarse Amarrian woman's voice. "Oooh, slaves! how useful!"

The lights came back on, and the Blood raider woman looked around at the people in the room. "Lots and lots of lovely little slaves" she said. "You'll fetch a good price, I'm sure. Wahey!"
Jonto and Salleh held onto each other, and mumbled another prayer.
"Oho, what's this?" said the Blood raider woman. "Faithful slaves, well I never. You'll make a special prize".

Some other Blood raider people came into the room, and took everyone onto the Blood Raider ship.

A few hours later, the Blood raider woman came into the room where Jonto and Salleh were.
"Ahaahaarr" she said. "I'm going to enjoy demonstrating the falseness of your interpretation of Scripture, and showing you the Real Truth"
Jonto said "I'll never abandon my belief!". "Neither will I!" said Salleh.
"We'll see about that, me hearties" said the Blood Raider woman. "Wait, what's that?"
Just then, the alarm sounded. "Damnation!" said the Blood Raider. "It's the Navy"
"Surrender your vessel and prepare to be boarded" came a voice over the ship's loudspeakers.

The ship shaked and rattled as the blood raiders attempted to escape.
Jonto and Salleh held onto each other, then there was a loud explosion, and everything went dark and quiet.
"We have to get out of here" said Salleh. "Where to?" said Jonto. "I don't know, but we can't stay here".
Jonto and Salleh crawled out of the room, and saw a tiny glow from emergency lighting that said "emergency exit".
They went that way, and found a supply room with emergency spacesuits in it.
"We should put one of those on" said Jonto. Which they did.

Jonto and Salleh put on a spacesuit and went to the emergency exit. "Now what?" said Salleh. "We should get outside, I think" said Jonto. "I don't want to be on this ship with these blood raider heretics". "Alright" said Salleh. Then they went outside, and stood on the hull of the blood raider ship.

Looking up, they saw an Imperial Navy cruiser, and Jonto waved at it. The cruiser turned a searchlight onto them, and Jonto kept waving. "Hello?" he said, pressing a button on his spacesuit that said "emergency radio".
"Identify yourself" said a voice.
"Umm, my name's Jonto, and I'm a farmer that was captured by minmatar and then by blood raiders, and I really want to go home now" said Jonto.
"Is that so" said the voice. "Stay right there"

Jonto and Salleh stood where they were, and some Amarr space marines came over and picked them up. "You're safe now" said the leader.
"Thank God you came" said Salleh. "we were scared."
"Indeed." said the leader.

Jonto and Salleh met the Navy captain, and explained who they were. The captain smiled at them, and said they were both very lucky, since they were the only two that had survived, and that was surely a sign that they were blessed by God.
Then the Navy cruiser took them both home to Jonto's Holder's estate.

Jonto's Holder was very pleased to see Jonto again, and held a celebration giving thanks to God for Jonto's safe return. Jonto and Salleh were later married, and had many children, and lived happily ever after, with Jonto continuing to farm with his tractor, which he enjoyed doing.
\o/

Lizard14

• Clonejack
« Reply #11 on: 19 Oct 2012, 18:06 »

Why I don't approve with the spanking part the our the stories I will tell my kids.

Uraniae

• Wetgraver
« Reply #12 on: 06 Nov 2012, 07:30 »

Jonto and Salleh put on a spacesuit and went to the emergency exit.

Under careful examination and with much thought and prayer I have determined that this tale is not appropriate for righteous amarrian children.  The fact that Jonto and Salleh shared the same space suit is completely and utterly scandalous.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #13 on: 08 Nov 2012, 12:38 »

This is the best thing ever.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #14 on: 08 Nov 2012, 13:44 »

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!
Pages: [1] 2