Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that station interiors have a day/night cycle mimicking planets? (p. 88)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Skadi's Call: For more violence.  (Read 3364 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: Skadi's Call: For more violence.
« Reply #15 on: 10 Apr 2012, 11:41 »

DFNTS ? Damn, definitly need more fluffly stuff and info.

Lyn and you will probably stop being friends though :3

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #16 on: 10 Apr 2012, 13:42 »

Skadi's Call, first and foremost, are an organization to whom martial skill and conduct are of great importance; hopefully, this will not limit us TOO much, as I do ask that prospective members be at least decent at PvP. We are, and will likely remain, a smallish corp, which is fine; we fight smarter, not harder. The larger enemy organizations, be they pirate elements or FW alliances, are more like a broadsword, depending on weight of the blade and plenty of muscle to do its work. SKDI, as far as combat, are more akin to a dagger, to be applied at the precise moment, relying on skill (and a keen edge) to defeat our enemies. Our "enemies" are defined as anyone actively engaged in behaviour harmful to the Minmatar people; pirates, enemy militia, even "civilian" corporations engaging  in slave trade, are all fair game.

For "fluff", several things I want to clarify. We are not "cuddly", we are not trying to portray "noble savages". As individuals, some members may or may not be friendly, some may or may not be "savages", but at the core, Skadi's Call is a Sebiestor, or very heavily Sebiestor influenced, corporation; as Mizhara said to me "A cold, dark land breeds cold, grim people". The Sebiestor are noted in PF as being cruel, as being known as "The Sinister Ones". Ava herself is very moody, tempermental, and at times capable of intense violence; Bishop Karm in Gradient said of Ava, in a piece of fiction (an outstanding piece, by the way) that:

"She had a look that carried with it a quiet intensity you almost couldn’t measure. She was hard, blunt, opinionated, and passionate. In many ways she was bi-polar. Some days she’d rip into you just for opening your mouth – others, she was a kind and jovial soul. She was a complex woman – or a woman with a complex."

Keep in mind, I am writing from my own perspective, as I can not say, ICly, what other people's goals are. However, I hope that Ava is able, ICly, to shape Skadi's Call in that image; emotional, unpredictable, passionate. I have always viewed the Sebiestor people this way, and PF seems to hint that I am on the right track. Sinister, cunning, emotional, driven, loyal, perhaps a bit cruel; That is Skadi's Call.

That unpredictability and passion extends to our stance on combat.

If the tool for the job is a traditional nano-BC gang with logi, we will use it. If the tool for the job is laser Rifters, we will use them. Skadi's Call unites its members through their love of, and skill in, combat, and their desire to use that skill to fight a raiding style of warfare. Members will be held (ICly, anyway!) to very high standards of ability and conduct, and Skadi's Call is very, very much an "Actions, not words" group. Ava currently ICly commands the corporation; there is nothing saying that someday, a better pilot will not challenge her right to lead and best her, earning herself (or himself!) the right to sit in the Big Chair.

Spiritual beliefs are a secondary concern; Ava is deeply religious, some other members may not be, or may follow completely different practices. That does not matter to her, as long as they are loyal, honest, and brave. Above all, Ava hates disloyalty, and will reward any sort of spying, betrayal, or outright treason with the slowest death she can possibly devise. Spies, be warned.

Hope I answered more questions than I caused!

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #17 on: 10 Apr 2012, 13:45 »

Ava currently ICly commands the corporation; there is nothing saying that someday, a better pilot will not challenge her right to lead and best her, earning herself (or himself!) the right to sit in the Big Chair.

* kalaratiri shiftyeyes

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #18 on: 10 Apr 2012, 13:50 »

Laser rifters?  Tell me more?!
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #19 on: 10 Apr 2012, 13:56 »

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the new face of EVE:

Let the games begin.

Tabor Murn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #20 on: 10 Apr 2012, 14:08 »

Aldrith, it looks like the Knights are doing so poorly in that fight that they are already ghosts.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #21 on: 10 Apr 2012, 14:09 »

That's because I'm not back in the game yet! We need all the players before the round starts!

btw, who wants to be the pirates? :D

Azriel Geist

• Clonejack
« Reply #22 on: 10 Apr 2012, 18:41 »

I am pretty excited about being in this corp. It's pretty much everything I've looked for in the past when I've tried to break my way into the RP world, I never found the right mixture, and that I had made my character ahead of time as Sebiestor without prior knowledge of Skadi coming about just means it's meant to be.

Hopefully we can get some good RP/PvP with KotMC as well, I'm really looking forward to meeting you guys behind some autocannons  8)

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #23 on: 11 Apr 2012, 06:16 »

Perhaps I should narrow the definition down.

Ultimately, the focus of SKDI, and most Minmatar organizations, is to get the Empire to agree to change its ways. Re-examining one's path dosent meant theyre a traitor, it means theyre re-examining their path. Ava was once a pirate and criminal; the fact she no longer is doesnt make her "a traitor" to her fellow pirates. (well, it might, but most people would argue the point a bit)

Specifically, anyone outright betraying Ava or SKDI, or their overall cause; someone deciding to fly with a different organization after a period of re-evaluating their life is understandable. Someone who feeds the enemy information, attempts to harm SKDI from within, commits acts of cowardice or treason while a member of SKDI, is what was meant above. Hope that clarifies.

People can change. Thats good. People betraying a group from within is bad.

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #24 on: 08 May 2012, 10:56 »

Shameless bump, and hoping a few more may inquire so we can properly throw bricks and spears at KotMC when that time arrives.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #25 on: 08 May 2012, 13:17 »

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #26 on: 08 May 2012, 13:23 »

D:

Well, we have a 190 man alliance. Bring it :) (not that we won't have lots of fun shooting each other solo as well :) )

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani
Pages: 1 [2]