Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The 1st Praetorian Guard is an Amarrian Imperial Navy-affiliated Special Operations unit? Read more here

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: Where have all the Slavers gone? (Woe is Me)  (Read 23149 times)

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
Re: Where have all the Slavers gone? (Woe is Me)
« Reply #195 on: 03 Jul 2012, 19:13 »

Milk.

Stolen milk.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #196 on: 03 Jul 2012, 19:23 »

He stole it out of a penis.

/run awaaaayyy

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #197 on: 03 Jul 2012, 19:27 »

Human physiology, genetics, and body-related assets are all hardware. Given sufficient technology individual parts can be replaced, repaired, optimized, etc. A man who loses a hand in an accident - regardless of replacing it or not - still resides under the Human condition, because what makes a "human" is all software, or the mix of memories, emotions, personality traits etc. that comprise what we refer to as the "soul".

By that reasoning, a car must have a soul. After all, I can repair, replace, and optimize it. If I remove a wheel or a headlight, it's still a car.

I am not sure if going into religious debates is a good idea...

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #198 on: 03 Jul 2012, 20:07 »

Human physiology, genetics, and body-related assets are all hardware. Given sufficient technology individual parts can be replaced, repaired, optimized, etc. A man who loses a hand in an accident - regardless of replacing it or not - still resides under the Human condition, because what makes a "human" is all software, or the mix of memories, emotions, personality traits etc. that comprise what we refer to as the "soul".

By that reasoning, a car must have a soul. After all, I can repair, replace, and optimize it. If I remove a wheel or a headlight, it's still a car.

You missed my point about 'software' and got side-tracked on the other terminology. No Human female has ever given birth to a car.

At least, not that I know of...

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #199 on: 03 Jul 2012, 20:28 »

... Sansha and other 'kill all humans' factions is rather self-evident and require no explanation.

In short, the Amarr might get flak for what they do and why, but there are other, infinitely worse offenders out there, and all will be judged by their actions and beliefs, set in context to whom they are and from where, etc.

I am interested in an expanded dialogue on this particular point.

Human physiology, genetics, and body-related assets are all hardware. Given sufficient technology individual parts can be replaced, repaired, optimized, etc. A man who loses a hand in an accident - regardless of replacing it or not - still resides under the Human condition, because what makes a "human" is all software, or the mix of memories, emotions, personality traits etc. that comprise what we refer to as the "soul"...

*EDIT* Btw, I love your avatars. :cube: What are they from?

I see. We could argue the merits, for instance I find the notion of trying to retain purely 'human' characteristics very restrictive. As food for thought, old sciences considered it inviolable that the Sun orbited the Earth. The audacity to challenge that notion and find reasoning led to... well.

As for my avatar, refer to here and here.

Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]