Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Blood Raiders have grandmothers? (The Burning Life)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [SKYRIM] Post your Dragonborn!  (Read 13111 times)

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
Re: [SKYRIM] Post your Dragonborn!
« Reply #30 on: 28 Nov 2011, 19:03 »

Name:
Raakel

Race:
Khajiit

Primary fighting style:
Sneaky Bows OP

Secondary fighting style:
Dual wielding soul trapping daggers

Morality:
BIG DAMN HERO

Civil War:
Neither.

LOL @ being the only Khajiit posted thus far
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Kemekk

• Amarrian Ultranationalist
  • Wetgraver
  • Dei ta Reshios
« Reply #31 on: 29 Nov 2011, 14:57 »

I play on the PS3 like a normal person. :/

Thanks for slowly killing the Elder Scrolls series :)

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #32 on: 29 Nov 2011, 17:28 »

I play on the PS3 like a normal person. :/

Thanks for slowly killing the Elder Scrolls series :)

You're welcome!

And thank you, for holding it back from greatness for so long.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Kemekk

• Wetgraver
  • Dei ta Reshios
« Reply #33 on: 29 Nov 2011, 18:04 »

You're welcome!

And thank you, for holding it back from greatness for so long.

I was willing to keep a sarcastic discussion going, but I'm lost now.

My original post was referring to the belief of myself and a lot of others that Oblivion and Skyrim could have been better if they were developed for one specific platform (in our case, the PC) rather than trying to develop it for several. Of course Bethesda's wallet has a solid argument against platform exclusivity, but from an idealist standpoint I feel that a lot of shortcomings could have been avoided with a narrower focus.

Some of the arguments for PC exclusivity are improved graphics (not that I think Skyrim needs improved graphics), more content (not sure it was a problem with Skyrim, but there have been games in the past that had to cut out certain things in order to fit on consoles, on one disc at least) and better optimization, though that could be said for any of the platforms.

A lot of Bethesda fans dislike that it has become a primary console developer. Morrowind was the first TES game to be developed for a console, though it was developed for PC first. Both Oblivion and Skyrim were developed for Xbox 360 first and then ported to PC and PS3. This has limited the PC versions of both Oblivion and Skyrim by limiting CPU usage to 1 core and 2 cores respectively, which is seen as a hard blow for PC owners with more modern processors because both games were optimized for older hardware which is incorporated into consoles. That is my main complaint with console games now, that they limit the PC versions because you can't upgrade a console's hardware as easily. I prefer to play most games, especially any first person games, on the PC because I prefer the controls and customizability over consoles.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #34 on: 29 Nov 2011, 18:11 »

Did you just accuse me of assisting in the degradation of a series I've faithfully followed since Morrowind and then act outraged when I countersnarked?

I think that's what happened.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Kemekk

• Wetgraver
  • Dei ta Reshios
« Reply #35 on: 29 Nov 2011, 18:14 »

Did you just accuse me of assisting in the degradation of a series I've faithfully followed since Morrowind and then act outraged when I countersnarked?

I think that's what happened.

I was joking when I said that, and I don't think I acted outraged.

I was just curious to hear your perspective about how non-console players held the series back from greatness.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #36 on: 29 Nov 2011, 18:39 »

Name:
Raakel

Race:
Khajiit

Primary fighting style:
Sneaky Bows OP

Secondary fighting style:
Dual wielding soul trapping daggers

Morality:
BIG DAMN HERO

Civil War:
Neither.

LOL @ being the only Khajiit posted thus far

He seems like such an attractive catman.  I wonder why Lydia wont give him the time of day...
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #37 on: 06 Dec 2011, 06:58 »

Name: Tyrvain

Race: Nord

Primary Fighting Style: Dual wielding longswords

Secondary Fighting Style: Destruction/Conjuration Magic

Morality: Apathetic Mercenary

Civil War: Imperial
Other: Archmage, Thane of Whiterun, Winterhold, Markath, Legate of the Legion

Name: Blodhgarm (Kudos for people who recognise it)

Race: High Elf

Primary Fighting Style: Destruction Magic

Secondary Fighting Style: HUGE FRACK OFF WARAXE aka [spoiler]Wuuthraad[/spoiler]

Morality: Noble rebelious

Civil War: Stormcloak sympathiser, Thalmor rebel

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #38 on: 06 Dec 2011, 10:44 »

:D Where's the fur?

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #39 on: 07 Dec 2011, 16:19 »

:D Where's the fur?

Damnit I knew I should have kept that fur armour! :P

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Rin Kaelestria

• Egger
  • The fluffly Rinyan!
« Reply #40 on: 10 Dec 2011, 14:01 »

Just starting playing Skyrim earlier this week. I'm enjoying it, when I manage to wrestle the game away from my husband.  :lol: Sadly, like Senn, I'm playing it on the console, so no pictures of my toon. Unless I find the digital camera.  :oops:

Name: Tsen Di'sun
Race: Dark elf/dunmer (female one)
Primary fighting style: Destruction magic (more fire focus right now)
Secondary fighting style: Sniping (it's just fun to shoot unsuspecting bandits in the back  :P)
Morality: So far, honorable hero
Civil War: No sides taken at this time.
Other notes: Often takes a while getting from point A to point B, mostly for exploring purposes or stopping to pick crafting items/alchemy ingredients up. Best to make  your own potions and stuff rather then relying on merchants.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #41 on: 14 Mar 2012, 13:47 »

I'll take screenshots later.

Name: Raaji, Raaji the Scoundrel, Raaji the Thief, Raaji the Cat, Raaji the Wastrel, that damn cat, hey you and STOP THAT CAT!
Race: Raaji is Khajiit. Very sad for Raaji, but Raaji accept that the Gods are cruel.
Primary Fighting Style: Raaji doesn't fight. Raaji hides. Sometimes uses arrows for distraction. Sometimes has to scratch meanies.
Secondary Fighting Style: Raaji still doesn't fight. Raaji sometimes hides. Sometimes shoots. Sometimes scratches.
Morality: Raaji has heard of this. Don't understand. When do you or Raaji ever have a choice? Very sad when Khajiit.
Civil War: Very scary. Will have to find out which side has the biggest people to hide behind.

Excerpt from journal:

Raaji doesn't understand why the big Nords are so angry. Don't mind much, people are usually angry when Raaji is there. Usually because Raaji has somehow found their valuables for them. Not this time. Can't understand why they are talking about windy cloaks. Raaji doesn't have one, they're too expensive. How do you weave wind to become cloaks anyway? Strange Nords. Nice that they're giving free rides though.

------

Raaji apologize for writing but Raaji is a little shaky. The smoothskins (and the Nords) weren't giving Raaji a lift after all! They were trying to kill Raaji! Very sad, but Raaji has almost come to expect it from all smoothskins. Made a friend, though. A big bird must like Raaji because it scared off the smoothskins. Sad that so many dies for Raaji, but big birds are stupid and probably don't know that killing is bad. Raaji will have to try and find the bird again, once this noisy smoothskin goes away. Oh, a village.

---

Raaji tired of walking. Had to deliver message for arrogant blond Norde. Mean woman tried to foist all kinds of garbage on poor Raaji too, as if Raaji wanted to dispose of her trash. Raaji has lead on big bird though. People call it "Dragon". Strange name for a bird. Raaji will call it 'Bawk'. It will like that. Now to find stone for hooded man.

---

Raaji does not want to talk about spiders. Raaji does not want to talk about mean dead Nords. Raaji does NOT want to talk about wet fur from waterfall and cold northern lands.

---

Of course it rains on Raaji. Very sad but Raaji used to it. Noisy hooded man and noisy bearded man wants Raaji to follow dark elf woman. Raaji doesn't want to but maybe they'll have food. Might as well stick with them. They're being noisy and yelling and stuff, but Raaji doesn't mind. Raaji minds the rain and focuses on that instead. Very sad. Oh, we're running now. Will have to talk later. Raaji hates the rain. Wet fur.

---

Dark elf mentions Dragon! Maybe Raaji find the big bird today after all. There's even fires to dry Raaji's fur. Oh look, a bird.

---

WET FUR IS GREAT! RAAJI ELABORATE LATER!

---

Wasn't big bird. Was different bird. Raaji is sad now, but these smoothskins are exited. Maybe they'll feed Raaji now.

Faraelle Brightman

• Clonejack
« Reply #42 on: 02 May 2012, 00:23 »

Name: Faraelle. Last name not known or not given. The bards will have to invent an epitaph for her.
Race: Imperial
Primary Fighting Style: Light armor Spellsword with Destruction magic, healing spells and shouts
Secondary Fighting Style: Dual-cast magic. May break out the bow for a lark.
Morality: Pragmatic Hero. Do no evil...but if you must do evil, do it for the right reasons. Destiny has come knocking after you were so sure the gods had forsaken you; don't screw it up and don't squander it.
Civil War: Neutral until Alduin has been delt with. When the threat passes and the cease fire falters, she will probably join the Imperials; though she sympathizes with some of the Stormcloak's grievances, she doesn't think a divided Empire can stand against the Thalamor, and even faded, the ideals of the Empire are worth trying to save.
Other affiliations: Thane of Whiterun and Hjaalmarch, wandering student of Winterhold (saving the world eats into study time), champion of Mareida. Thinking of joining the Companions.

The disfiguring scar on her face that she adamantly does not talk about and premature grey hair hints at a disturbed past; she was driven to Skyrim as a refugee when she ended up on the wrong side of a raid and a prison wagon to Helgen. Is attracted to The Way of the Voice as a discipline, if not the pacifism; it's a little oasis of calm in the storm. Does worship all Nine Divines, lately favoring Talos and Kynnereth (Kyne), but keeps finding herself embroiled with Daedra, of which only Mareida has been an especially positive experience.  Has settled in Whiterun where she's respected as a hero, neighbor and public figure. Has something resembling friendship with Jarl Idgrod Ravencrone of Morthal, with whom she sees eye-to-eye better than most Nords, and appreciates her honesty and frankness. She will travel sometimes with followers, but prefers to tackle "dovahkiin business" on her own.

Sky above, voice within...
« Last Edit: 02 May 2012, 00:35 by Faraelle Brightman »

Kaldor Mintat

• Egger
« Reply #43 on: 02 Jun 2012, 12:37 »

Slight derail of thread topic but Skyrim related.

First official game add-on for Skyrim announced:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PjBSicSVqI
« Last Edit: 02 Jun 2012, 12:41 by Kaldor Mintat »

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #44 on: 04 Jun 2012, 22:56 »

He seems like such an attractive catman.  I wonder why Lydia wont give him the time of day...

That aint no man.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation
Pages: 1 2 [3]