Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Slaver-hounds aren't a type of dog? For more information see here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [SKYRIM] Post your Dragonborn!  (Read 13110 times)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Re: [SKYRIM] Post your Dragonborn!
« Reply #15 on: 13 Nov 2011, 16:00 »

I play on the PS3 like a normal person. :/

Wow, are you going to miss out on hundreds of hours of awesome playermade mods.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #16 on: 13 Nov 2011, 16:32 »

Eh. I like console versions better, for a number of peculiar reasons. vOv
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 13 Nov 2011, 16:40 »

Eh. I like console versions better, for a number of peculiar reasons. vOv

Agreed. Among them, I'd never have gotten my wife to try it on the computer, and having it up on the TV in the living room makes it just that much more communal.

Also, while I did play, and enjoy, Oblivion mods on my PC, when it comes right down to it I'm just not much of a fan of fanfic. I much prefer exploring the hell out of the canonical setting.

DA5UN

• Wetgraver
  • Even drones can fly away
« Reply #18 on: 13 Nov 2011, 19:22 »

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Name: An'valien
Race: Nord
Fighting Style: Stealth, Dual-Wield Daggers, Bows on Occasion, and using Alteration and Illusion Magic as a tool.
Morality: Being good is fun, but look the other way while I pick your pockets please.
« Last Edit: 13 Nov 2011, 19:23 by DA5UN »

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #19 on: 14 Nov 2011, 12:15 »

Name:
Grimnir
Race:
Nord
Primary Fighting Style:
Dual wielding fighter with light armor. Using Thu'ums to create/control space. Occasionally shield if absolutely necessary.
Secondary Fighting Style:
Destruction magic, mostly ranged lightning attacks.
Morality:
Neutral but honorable.
Civil War Faction:
Stormcloaks

EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #20 on: 14 Nov 2011, 22:12 »

Name: Unknown.
Race: Unknown, presumed Breton due to accent.
Primary Fighting Style: Fire, Ice, Lightning, Summoning. Have also been seen using Shouts. Possibly Graybeard apprentice or the Dragonborn.
Secondary Fighting Style: None. Never seen armed or armored.
Morality: Unknown. Have been seen performing acts of both kindness and unspeakable cruelty.
Civil War Faction: Unknown. Have acted for and against both. Seems mostly active in matters relating to Dragons, Thalmor and the Blades.
Identifying Features: None. Always wearing a mask hiding her face and an Arch Mage robe. Inquiries at the Mage's College is met with silence.

Another note: Magic in Skyrim is batshit awesome. Destruction alone has enough firepower (literally) to reduce anything to a pile of corpses and even from the first few minutes in the game you're a freakin' Sith Lord. Shooting fire with one hand and ice with the other? At the same time? Sure thing. Lightning and Fire? Lightning and Ice? Lightning and summoning Atronachs? Whatever you desire. Gain a little skill in the school and you get to dualwield the same spells, adding even more power to them. Yet another perk gives dualwielded spells a stagger effect as well. AoE? We got that. One of my personal favorites is launching a fireball at a tight pack of enemies, then as it's on it's way to ruin their day I also launch a chain lightning at them. If anyone's alive, I can finish them off with a nice little Ice Storm. If there's too many to handle alone, eh. No problem. Summon Atronachs (damn Fire Atronachs are nicely designed in this game. They look awesome.) to keep their attention while you stand back and pick them off at range.

And that's just the pure magic user, which I favor. There's also the heavily armored melee fighter with magic skills, or the sneaky thief with magic and so on. The possibilities are nigh endless.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #21 on: 14 Nov 2011, 22:14 »

Nice, who is your friend up there?  :D

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #22 on: 14 Nov 2011, 22:15 »

Who? Up whe... OH SHIT! DRAGON!

(Won't tell who that is. Spoilerth.)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #23 on: 16 Nov 2011, 13:56 »

Told you magic is batshit awesome :P

(though I feel compelled to play a Nord wilderness hunter for some reason. Environment begs for that sort of character)

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #24 on: 16 Nov 2011, 15:37 »

Destruction magic was pretty shit in Oblivion, so it makes me super happy that it's fixed in Skyrim. I'll post pic this evening when I get home from work.

Name:
Fintan Loingseachan
Race:
Breton
Primary Fighting Style:
Destruction magic
Bow + Stealth
Morality:
Righteous.
Civil War Faction:
Undeclared (Leaning towards Stormcloaks because my guy worships Talos)

Pics:

This one's buggy. I'm supposed to be wearing a boss mask, the same one Miz has in her photo. This pic makes me look like a headless Wizard, which is neat I guess.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

And, sans mask:

[spoiler][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: 17 Nov 2011, 01:19 by Mammal Tafren »

Vikarion

« Reply #25 on: 16 Nov 2011, 16:16 »

Destruction magic was pretty shit in Oblivion, so it makes me super happy that it's fixed in Skyrim. I'll post pic this evening when I get home from work.

Name:
Fintan Loingseachan
Race:
Breton
Primary Fighting Style:
Destruction magic
Bow + Stealth
Morality:
Righteous.
Civil War Faction:
Undeclared.

Uh, what? When I played Oblivion, destruction magic along with a bit of illusion or alteration could pretty well set you up as a destroyer of worlds. Of course, you had to play as a Breton or High Elf with the Mage sign at least, but it was still pretty powerful.

Anyway, I'm very much enjoying my mage, but I think my second play through will be an assassin-style character who uses some destruction.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #26 on: 16 Nov 2011, 19:35 »

[spoiler]
Helmetless with dragonscale armor:

Nightingale sneakybeaky armor:

[/spoiler]

Name: 
Sköld
Race:
Nord (no shit, huh?)
Primary Fighting Style:
Big fuck-off hammer. 
Big fuck-off hammer side-power-attacks to sweep everything in front of him+firebreath shout to watch them all burn. 
Tertiary Fighting Style: 
Uselessly lobbing arrows that rarely hit at dragons that are too cowardly to land and fucking fight me already goddamnit.
Morality:
Leader of the thieves' guild (translation: if it's not nailed down, it's mine.  if it's locked, it's not locked long).  Rarely kills anyone innocent that doesn't piss him off.  Married a merchant in what some might whisper was more of a financial move than a romantic one.
Civil War Faction:
Stormcloak
Other:
Werewolf, leader of the Companions, leader of the Thieves' Guild, Nightingale, Agent of Mara.  Thane of Riften and Whiterun.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #27 on: 16 Nov 2011, 19:45 »

Name:
Fintan Loingseachan
Race:
Breton
Primary Fighting Style:
Destruction magic
Bow + Stealth
Morality:
Righteous.
Civil War Faction:
Undeclared.

Uh, what? When I played Oblivion, destruction magic along with a bit of illusion or alteration could pretty well set you up as a destroyer of worlds. Of course, you had to play as a Breton or High Elf with the Mage sign at least, but it was still pretty powerful.

Anyway, I'm very much enjoying my mage, but I think my second play through will be an assassin-style character who uses some destruction.

I found that you would run out of Magicka in about 5 seconds if you tried to cast most destruction spells. I was forced to change my tactics to conjuring Daedra and then hiding/running in circles and healing myself while the Daedra killed everything.

In Skyrim, the perks mitigate the magicka cost of the spells to a huge amount as do a number of the items you come across, so I almost never run out.

I only played Oblivion through three times, but the difference in my experience and what I've done in Skyrim, was huge for mages.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #28 on: 16 Nov 2011, 21:13 »

Name:
Heimdall

Race:
Nord

Primary Fighting Style:
Two-handed weapons, mainly Greatsword.

Secondary:
Destruction magic

Morality:
Neutral Good good I guess would suit this feller. Does what ever works to attain the greater good or to help those in need.

Civil War Faction:
Heavily leaning to over to the Stormcloaks.

As a side note. Skyrim's been ok, I've enjoyed it a decent bit, but it is hardly the holy grail some peeps have been painting it. Still, once someone fixes the appalling UI, I will put down some money to actually buy this one. While it's not quite worth the hype and noise, it's still a good game... Once they fix the UI. It seriously is such utter crap.

Kala

• Egger
« Reply #29 on: 28 Nov 2011, 18:38 »

Name:
Kalahari Wayrest

Race:
Nord (with maybe some Redguard >.>)

Primary Fighting Style:
Light armour, dual wielding axes (love the decapitations SO much  :D )

Don't really need one.  She has archery for dragons, but she's a crapshot and they somewhat smugly ignore her arrows and fly away.

Morality:
Generally good, but hot-headed.

Civil War Faction:
Stormcloaks (she joined the companions too but got bugged in their quest line  :()

Name:
Sho Djinn

Race:
Dark-elf/Dunmer

Primary Fighting Style:
Fireball in one hand, sword in the other. 

(which isn't working out that well for him...the idea being to weaken things from a distance with fiyah and finish them off with a sword. cept he doesn't have the sheer damage he'd get from dual wielding either destruction magic or two swords, and he doesn't have the protection of block :/ think I might add conjuration to his repertoire for bound weaps and armour)

Running away.

Morality:
Amoral, but not neccesarily 'evil'. Somewhat self-centred and uncaring.

Civil War Faction:
None.

Name:
Aureus Vulpine

Race:
High-elf/Altmer

Primary Fighting Style:
Spells! (generally dual flames atm, but will also summon aid and use fury to make npcs attack eachother)

...Scrolls!

Morality:
Unsure yet, other than she looks perpetually furious  :D

Civil War Faction:
Nothing so far, she's just joined the Mage's College. Wondering if you can ally yourself with the Thalmor at any point?
Pages: 1 [2] 3