Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the 25ers were a political activist organization that fought for repealing starship licensing fees, laying the foundations for the independent capsuleer community.

Author Topic: New story: This Is How It Is  (Read 1718 times)

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
New story: This Is How It Is
« on: 22 Apr 2010, 07:33 »

I've just published a new story on my fiction blog: This Is How It Is.
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Eva

• Queen of Roleplay
  • Wetgraver
    • A Mote in God's Eye
Re: New story: This Is How It Is
« Reply #1 on: 02 May 2010, 11:27 »

I found this story incredibly powerful. To the point where when I finished it, I found myself curled up foetal in my chair, squashing my cat to my chest with tears in my eyes.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #2 on: 02 May 2010, 11:42 »

I physically felt sick reading this. That is a compliment, not criticism. I am in awe. Wonderful writing, and you can literally feel the desperation, fear, pain, humiliation and despair. And I felt... wrath. Rage. A desire to literally destroy those responsible for it. That is good writing.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 02 May 2010, 13:45 »

Mizhara and I were talking about this earlier in Red's, and I'll freely repost what I said to her.

I'm honestly glad I only read this story after the RP involving saving Valhiri occured. The reason is that this story so masterfully manipulates the reader, I don't think I could have kept my OOC knowledge of what happened to Valhiri seperate from my IC knowledge (or lack of such). It's that moving of a story.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #4 on: 04 May 2010, 21:46 »

Read, enjoyed.

Maybe I am just a little bit more stone-cold about such things, it moved me but not quite to the same extent as has been mentioned before.

However, extremely good piece and well written.

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Shalee Lianne

• Wetgraver
« Reply #5 on: 05 May 2010, 12:54 »

Chilling.  A very good read.