Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Blood Raiders as a faction are motivated principally by the desire to draw closer to the Red God? (The Burning Life, p. 56)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: X3: Terran Conflict  (Read 2780 times)

Darveses

• Wetgraver
Re: X3: Terran Conflict
« Reply #15 on: 12 Jul 2011, 18:09 »

Theres a boatload of mods that increase usability - before modding it i couldnt really get into the game either.

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #16 on: 13 Jul 2011, 16:38 »

The game's somewhere between EVE and Dwarf Fortress on its friendliness to first-timers. I did at least have the advantage of having played the game since the days of X: Beyond the Frontier, the first game (which was, with the benefit of hindsight, pretty awful). Understanding the races, what they do and what they need is a massive bootstrap to getting on your feet in the game.

But seriously, get about 4m to 6m credits, read my recommendations on the first page.

Oh, and in the sector Home of Light (one south of Argon Prime) there's a massive structure called the TerraCorp HQ which sells an item called the Jumpdrive for 100k.

BUY THIS ITEM. BUY IT.

Wanoah

• Omelette
  • Sweating spinal fluid
    • Hello!
« Reply #17 on: 09 Nov 2011, 16:18 »

I have Terran Conflict. The learning curve was...a fucking cliff face tbh. :P Still, dogged determination won the day for me and I sunk a few hours into it. I found, though, that after a break, it was next to impossible to get back in to.

I think my summary would be that there's a great game buried underneath a UI that makes the old Eve client look sophisticated and intuitive.
Nothing worth saying is inoffensive to everyone

Blog | Fiction
Pages: 1 [2]