Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That cleaner bombs can remove small messes, including lingering aromas?(The Burning Life p 33)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: IC sections  (Read 46336 times)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Re: IC sections
« Reply #30 on: 07 Apr 2011, 21:19 »

Necroing Ye Olde post since the official forums are now infested with spacebook social network retardation bullshit. We can haz proper IGS thingymajig made by the community instead, perhaps? Look through these pages and let's ressurrect the idea of IC boards made by the community.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #31 on: 08 Apr 2011, 00:14 »

Okay, let's revisit the subject a little more thoroughly. From a personal point of view, the new official forums are horribad. The IGS section just feels wrong with the facebook like crap and it just seems like it'll devolve into a popularity contest.

I think this is the perfect time to expand on Inspiracy and create an In Character sister site to be what the official IC forums should have been. One 'IGS' section as it were, and some subsections for faction specific posting/posters. One Matari, one Amarr and so on, one pirate/outcast/lawless section (which can be expanded into specific faction sections should there be enough RPers for that) which could let there be IC forum interaction within a whole faction instead of just within all of New Eden.

I think this will seriously strengthen the RP ties within and outside of factions, along with having an IC community that's maintained and moderated by Roleplayers themselves.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #32 on: 08 Apr 2011, 06:44 »

I rather agree with the comment on the crappiness of the new forums, and therefore would happily endorse this product and/or service.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #33 on: 10 Apr 2011, 08:35 »

I wasnt much for this idea until I saw the new format of the forums.  A part of me died when I saw the "likes!" section of the new IGS forums.  Just seems all wrong.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #34 on: 10 Apr 2011, 13:00 »

* Ulphus likes this
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #35 on: 15 Apr 2011, 21:49 »

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #36 on: 16 Apr 2011, 03:48 »

You are such a terrible troll, Ulf. :lol:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #37 on: 16 Apr 2011, 04:53 »

You are such a terrible troll, Ulf. :lol:

That's why I'm practicing.
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #38 on: 18 Apr 2011, 07:00 »

I like the idea. Partly because I think it would be fun to see if IGS usage drops if we start using our own IC forum instead.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Lyn Farel

« Reply #39 on: 18 Apr 2011, 11:18 »

While I agree with most of what have been said, I have to remind you that the RPers present and active on backstage are not the whole RP community. So we will obviously still have to play on both forums even after IC forums have been created here. Or if we don't, it will be like exiling ourselves and playing between us, like a very hermetic community. Can be very dangerous for the health of the general RP on eve.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #40 on: 18 Apr 2011, 11:29 »

Creating and advertising out more IC communities isn't exactly going to do anything but increase and diversify the RP avenues available. I can't see anything less 'hermit' like than that, considering that this'll create an alternative for all of those who don't want to be on IGS but don't have any other options.

IGS being the only alternative is the real 'hermit' mechanic.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #41 on: 18 Apr 2011, 11:54 »

No because it is "THE" place gathering all the RPers by default.

I have nothing against other RP forums, mind you. What I am fearing is a split of the community. You can't deny that, it can happen. I am not saying it will, but it can. I have witnessed it on other MMOs. It can also create a barrier between newbies to RP going by default on the IGS (or simply, the people that are not part of our little embittered gang), unless we do a damn good advertising work.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #42 on: 18 Apr 2011, 12:04 »

The community is already split because many of us simply refuse to deal with IGS for any number of reasons.

While reasonable folks can certainly disagree on the best way to handle the situation, we should recognize the facts for what they are. :)

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #43 on: 18 Apr 2011, 15:24 »

I don't necessarily agree with the reasons (sigs/banners/"Like" options are a non-issue for me), but more opportunities to interact in an rp venue can't hurt. It just means the mods will have more work to do, especially if the community grows.

Ammentio Oinkelmar

• Egger
  • zombie
« Reply #44 on: 22 Apr 2011, 21:53 »

I'm voting for the OP. The slow-paced content cannot be properly presented in or found from IGS and the corporate forums are so scattered that it's tedious to try to find or follow all of them. This platform works quite well, so it's not unnatural to propose that an RP section with more subsections than in IGS could be associated with it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16