Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the Fleet Coordination Commission or FCORD was created in direct response to Nation Incursions. It main purpose is to alert of Incursions and help marshal fleets to repel them.

Author Topic: Incarna Recruitment Ads  (Read 1972 times)

Tamur

• Clonejack
Incarna Recruitment Ads
« on: 22 Jun 2011, 09:55 »

The new in-game Corporation Recruitment tool is strategically located right next to the sofa of the Captain's quarters. The old interface was kind of clunky and perhaps now this functionality will finally attract more users than it used to. It is sometimes said that the role-play scene is like another game inside EVE, and this kind of handy tool could be an easy pathway for new players to get involved.

However, the tool seemed to be missing one feature - the possibility to search and advertise for RP corporations. Before saying anything more about the implications and consequences of this design choice, could someone please verify that it's not just my client which is suffering from this issue?
« Last Edit: 22 Jun 2011, 14:50 by Tamur »

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: Incarna Recruitment Ads
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jun 2011, 09:58 »

It's been posted here before, it's definitely not just you. Bug report it! :)

Crucifire

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jun 2011, 13:11 »

The issue is easily sidestepped when you treat all corps as RP corps.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #3 on: 22 Jun 2011, 13:36 »

Sometimes an RP corp is relatively easy to identify.  They have a name and style that clearly aims to mesh with the universe.  I'm thinking "Lai Dai Infinity Systems" contrasts rather sharply with "Bucky and the DEATH Squad corp".  I know when I started playing and exploring the community, I tried to find corps that aimed to "look the part" in terms of fitting in with the universe.  Still, just like other things (PvP, industry, etc.), RP is a primary activity in the game and some corps are structured so heavily around RP that it absolutely does belong in the recruitment ads.  I mean, it was an option before...

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 22 Jun 2011, 13:40 »

It's fine if you interact with other corps in an IC manner. But if you're new to the game and just want to find a group for RP?

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
  • One does not simply walk into Curse.
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot
« Reply #5 on: 23 Jun 2011, 05:51 »

I swear the old system had that option. Maybe not enough RP corps used it and the option was removed? Pretty stupid choice though.

CEO of Ghost Festival :: Executor of Naraka.
Diary of a Pod Pilot

Tamur

• Clonejack
« Reply #6 on: 23 Jun 2011, 07:15 »

I swear the old system had that option. Maybe not enough RP corps used it and the option was removed? Pretty stupid choice though.
I'm swearing the option was there about two months ago. Didn't use this recruitment tool much though and not a big fan of it now either, the search functionality is too limited and biased, for my taste.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 28 Jun 2011, 12:46 »

Known and acknowledged bug, fix "soon". :(

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #8 on: 28 Jun 2011, 14:42 »

Sometimes an RP corp is relatively easy to identify.  They have a name and style that clearly aims to mesh with the universe.  I'm thinking "Lai Dai Infinity Systems" contrasts rather sharply with "Bucky and the DEATH Squad corp".  I know when I started playing and exploring the community, I tried to find corps that aimed to "look the part" in terms of fitting in with the universe.  Still, just like other things (PvP, industry, etc.), RP is a primary activity in the game and some corps are structured so heavily around RP that it absolutely does belong in the recruitment ads.  I mean, it was an option before...

I've always perceived Bucky and the DEATH Squad corp to be a capsuleer counter-culture thing. I don't think all RP corps are or should be defined by their 'seriousness' or intensity. RP can be a supplementary activity to enhance the existing game, not replace it.

Anyway, I decided to use it as a means of recruiting people for the racing league! I'm not even hiring people, but if I can get new people to sign up, it'll be an effective tool for 7.5 mil a month.

Bataav

• Egger
    • Intaki Liberation Front
« Reply #9 on: 13 Jul 2011, 06:22 »

CCP Dropbear has said today that this has been fixed and will roll out on the next available patch.
#FreeIntaki | #IntakiPride

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #10 on: 13 Jul 2011, 08:10 »

That probably means not during the 1.0.2 patch then. :( Good news though.
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.