Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Khanids were fellow settlers alongside the Amarrians on Athra, better known today as Amarr Prime? For more, read here.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Other SiSi Changes  (Read 3637 times)

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
Other SiSi Changes
« on: 02 Jun 2011, 22:03 »

So, I loaded up SiSi to have a look at this CQ stuff and decided to look for other possibly smaller changes.

Recruitment Ads have been streamlined it appears.

And Recruiters can be designated.

It also looks like new pilots could be advertised (alongside bounties).

Anyone find anything else interesting?

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: Other SiSi Changes
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jun 2011, 22:13 »

The Sacrilege re-skin... And is that stuff on Singularity now or just on Duality?

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 02 Jun 2011, 22:25 »

My screen shots are from SiSi, not Duality.

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 03 Jun 2011, 00:14 »

I've finally got SiSi working again (and I hope I'm not jinxing it by saying that: I've not been able to get a Duality build going and this SiSi build was not easy).

You know how in EVE you get hung up on gates sometimes? In the new Captains' Quarters I did something similar on the coffee table while trying to dock with the sofa.

There's also ghosting of the view I had of the sofa before docking with it over everything else I look at once so docked.

However, on the whole I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm not sure how much I'll use the new ways of surfacing information after the first week of novelty, but it's intriguing that they'll be there.

For those times when I really just want some non-moving wallpaper behind my various windows I think I'll introduce the custom of sitting seiza in front of the most boring piece of wall I can find. ;)

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 03 Jun 2011, 00:21 »

I think it looks (and sounds, by the way) really good. It really adds depth to the world, and will add even more when they become upgradeable, customizable, and doorways to multiplayer Incarna. Right now it's mostly aimed at the newer crowds, but I think that's a great starting point. Plus, the holoscreens are really informative.

I think a few UI elements (or lack thereof) definitely need some work, however.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #5 on: 03 Jun 2011, 07:00 »

just checking: Have you tried clicking on the scrolling text in that news screen ?

the news screen brings up all sorts of relevant windows.

e.g. if your clone is out of date, it will say something like "I am interrupting this broadcast, pilot, to inform you that your clone is out of date" and if you click on it, it brings up the medical service.

And other things of that nature.
\o/

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #6 on: 03 Jun 2011, 09:08 »

The Sacrilege re-skin... And is that stuff on Singularity now or just on Duality?

That's not a Sacri, that's the tourney prize cruiser.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #7 on: 03 Jun 2011, 09:24 »

Really? Because one of my friends has it in his hangar...

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #8 on: 03 Jun 2011, 09:25 »

All Maller-class hulls got reskinned, plus the tourney hull based on it was added.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #9 on: 03 Jun 2011, 09:27 »

Its the Sac.

Honestly, with the Legion, and now the sac, I'm really not a fan of the art direction CCP is taking Amarrian ships. They've lost their shiny golden colour and ended up this boring tan. Even the Khanid ships, the black shiny has turned into matt black and brown, its just...blegh
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Ellis Croix

« Reply #10 on: 03 Jun 2011, 09:44 »

Its the Sac.

Honestly, with the Legion, and now the sac, I'm really not a fan of the art direction CCP is taking Amarrian ships. They've lost their shiny golden colour and ended up this boring tan. Even the Khanid ships, the black shiny has turned into matt black and brown, its just...blegh
I love it myself.  Reminds me of Talocan ships (which I so very much want!).

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #11 on: 03 Jun 2011, 10:54 »

Honestly, with the Legion, [...] They've lost their shiny golden colour and ended up this boring tan.

Uh, you actually ever looked at a Legion before, Nikita? Like, with settings above bare minimum? Because those things are pretty fucking golden and shiny. More so than most other Amarrian ships, in fact.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: 03 Jun 2011, 11:35 »

Can someone post us up a screenshot of this new skin?

The "Hi there, I'm a monolith with a couple dinky thrusters strapped to the top" look is a lot of why I've never flow a Sac, even though I'm skilled for it.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #13 on: 03 Jun 2011, 11:52 »

Cross-posted from a thread on eve-o:
Maller Sacrilege Devoter
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #14 on: 03 Jun 2011, 12:21 »

:eek:
Pages: [1] 2 3