Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Blood Raiders as a faction are motivated principally by the desire to draw closer to the Red God? (The Burning Life, p. 56)

Author Topic: This Incursion thing  (Read 2618 times)

Merahl

• Clonejack
This Incursion thing
« on: 31 May 2011, 17:04 »

I went through an Incursion system for the first time ever yesterday. I kind of expected to get jumped by npcs when I decloaked, but it seemed normal. Well, except for the system being green.

So how do the Incursions work and do I need to watch out for them when I'm running missions?

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
Re: This Incursion thing
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2011, 17:14 »

They'll reduce your resistances and damage, so be careful of that. How much it hurts is based on how much of the control bar is red. But they only camp the gates in low/null.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 01 Jun 2011, 10:01 »

My understanding of Incursion gate rats is they appear on gates in highsec in very, very rare cases; in lowsec, their spawn rates are more in line with normal gate rats. Watch out if you do spot them, though - they have a nasty tendency to instalock even the fastest ship, then point and web you down.

Beyond that, most encounters with significant numbers of Incursion rats will take place in the complexes in incursion systems, though I wouldn't reccomend going to an asteroid belt either. I'm not sure if anyone's ever noted a correlation between the incursion level in a system (scout/vanguard/assault/HQ etc) and the probability/size of gate rats appearing.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #3 on: 01 Jun 2011, 11:12 »

My understanding of Incursion gate rats is they appear on gates in highsec in very, very rare cases; in lowsec, their spawn rates are more in line with normal gate rats. Watch out if you do spot them, though - they have a nasty tendency to instalock even the fastest ship, then point and web you down.

Beyond that, most encounters with significant numbers of Incursion rats will take place in the complexes in incursion systems, though I wouldn't reccomend going to an asteroid belt either. I'm not sure if anyone's ever noted a correlation between the incursion level in a system (scout/vanguard/assault/HQ etc) and the probability/size of gate rats appearing.

No shit the rats can overcome the 2 second locking delay for insta?
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #4 on: 01 Jun 2011, 12:33 »

The hit like a truck in lowsec and like a freight train in nullsec btw.  Good way to lose a scout is jumping it into an incursion system.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #5 on: 01 Jun 2011, 13:21 »

No shit the rats can overcome the 2 second locking delay for insta?

Yes. With high influence levels, the tackle frigs on the gates instalock in low/nullsec. You will lose cloaky ships.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.