Paging Ankh to this thread

Verone

• Dirty Gurista Loyalist
  • Egger
  • :3
    • Veto Corp.Com
Re: Medals
« Reply #16 on: 16 Jun 2011, 16:34 »

While a few of our members don't actively RP, we're an RP corp at heart an all our interactions and diplomacy are based around IC motivation.

We have quite a few medals, given the fact that the corp is styled to basically be a private, non legal defence contractor and black market arms supplier.

I could list them, all, but instead I'll just copypasta the relevant part of our corporate decorations thread on our forums :

Be aware that any member can nominate a fellow member of the corp for a decoration marked "CEO's Discretion" if they have just cause to do so, and I will be the judge of whether or not that member will recieve the decoration.

Corporate Service Decorations :

Award Criteria :

Bronze Service Insignia : 1 Year In Corp
Silver Service Insignia : 2 Years In Corp
Gold Service Insignia : 3 Years In Corp
Corporate Service Insignia : CEO's Discretion
Veto Academy Graduation Ribbon : Moving From [VETOA] > [VETO]
The Corporate Crown : CEO's Discretion
The Executive Seal : Serve As Part Of The Directorate
The Mentor's Insignia : CEO's Discretion
The Veteran's Insignia : Making A Return To The Corporation After Time Away, And Producing A Solid And Admirable Combat Record On Return.
Meritorious Service Insignia : Five Years In Corp

Combat Service Decorations :

Award Criteria :

The Federation's Wrath : -5 Standing To The Gallente Federation
The Empire's Wrath : -5 Standing To The Amarr Empire
The Republic's Wrath : -5 Standing To The Minmatar Republic
The State's Wrath : -5 Standing To The Caldari State
The Silver Star : CEO's Discretion
The Venal Service Insignia : Reach +8 Corporate Standing With The Guristas
The Diamond Shield : CEO's Discretion
The Linchpin's Ribbon : CEO's Discretion

Combat Decorations :

Award Criteria :

The Soldier's Insignia : CEO's Discretion
The Black Shield : Every 20 Pod Losses
The Screaming Eagle : 5000 Kill Participations
The Diamond Eagle : 2000 Kill Participations
The Gold Eagle : 1000 Kill Participations
The Silver Eagle : 500 Kill Participations
The Bronze Eagle : 250 Kill Participations
Pieces Of Eight : CEO's Discretion

Campaign Service Ribbons :

Award Criteria :

To qualify for the ribbon, a pilot must have served in the approporiate conflict.

Campaign Achievement Ribbons :

Award Criteria :

Distinguished Service Ribbon : Participation in ten of the campaigns listed above.
Combat Service Ribbon : Highest participation through a campaign.

Our medals tend to get added over time, with more and more suggestions from members of the corp. They've also been backdated for the whole 5 years of our operation as a corp.

Ouite a few of them are threshold style medals for certain numerical achievements, but some are pretty special with a couple only being received by half a  dozen or so members in 5 years.

The rarest of all is "The Soldier's Insignia" which in 5 and a half years has only been awarded to three people, one posthumously.

I think the best decoration we have though, is this one because of the story behind it :

As some will know, we lost one of our members out of game in August 2007 and it hit the corporation very hard. On the first anniversary of his passing, we created the above decoration and awarded it to him as a one off in his memory.

Sadly, we missed out one thing. The fact that a member has to set their decorations to be public, for anyone to be able to see them. The Corp was pretty devastated that no one could see the tribute, so I petitioned to the GM Team to see if they could make it visible.

After checking their policy, a member of the GM team logged into DarkElf's character, and set the Black Crown to be publicly viewable for us, so that it would show up to anyone who hits showinfo on him in game.

We were astonished that CCP would do this for us, it was an awesome gesture and it's one that myself and the rest of the corporation will never forget. It's also one of the main reasons that Veto Corp are the first to jump at the throat of people who try to tar CCP with the brush of a faceless corporation.

So, in early December 2008 we had one of our Icelandic members who's worked as head chef at some of Iceland's most luxurious and high class establishments bake an awesome chocolate cake.

I then put a few words together, and he delivered the cake, topped with a Veto Corp logo along with the handwritten message and the signatures of all our core founding members and DarkElf's closest friends to CCP Headquarters in Reykjavik.

This post is the first time that this story has been shared outside of Veto Corp. It's a testament to the dedication that CCP has to its playerbase, a testament to how strong the bonds are between our members, it reinforces the fact that we're family, and no one in Eve will ever break us, and it proves that decorations are highly underrated in Eve, and are a huge part of what a corporation is to its members :D

« Last Edit: 16 Jun 2011, 16:37 by Verone »

Thansoli

• Republic Loyalist
  • Clonejack
  • [LUTI]<-EM->
« Reply #17 on: 16 Jun 2011, 19:26 »

First of all, awesome story Verone. I really like the medals system overall, and I'm very jealous of corporations that award lots of medals. Medals for kills, for time in the corp, medals for campaigns, I WISH I had stuff like that with my corp. Very, very cool.

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #18 on: 19 Jun 2011, 07:48 »

Until mini militia unpacks the moms =(
Pages: 1 [2]