Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the DED and the Sisters of EVE cooperate on audits of megacorps? (The Burning Life p 35)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [RECRUITMENT] Singularity Foundation - Hacking and Science RP!  (Read 6212 times)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.

IC Description
In a sky swirling with secrets and uncertainty, we carry out operations that larger organizations cannot achieve and traditional pilots do not undertake.

We seek pilots to join us in reconnaissance, exploration, and research activities across the cluster.  This includes targeted data center raids, tracking down pilots for a price, research on better equipment and ships, decrypting acquired data, and providing background briefings on the capabilities and assets of capsuleer organizations.

If you need information about anything in New Eden, talk to one of our directors about the possibilities.

OOC Description

Singularity Foundation engages in exploration and research operations with a covert flair and cyberpunk flavor -- hackers in all senses of the term. We are a “medium RP” corporation (see below for details).

What we offer to recruits
We focus on a limited set of interests within the game:

• Exploration (K-space)
  • Reconnaissance
  • Research activities
  • Roleplay

Pilots who join the Foundation can find like-minded individuals for joint exploration expeditions, fair rates for the data they acquire (including datacores, decryptors, and other information of a discreet nature), and occasional voluntary assignments for specific initiatives.

We not only accept but relish the fact that EVE is largely built on PVP and therefore follow a defensive NBSI policy. We expect our pilots to have the ability and desire to defend themselves via any effective means. However, the corporation does not focus on PVP as a primary interest purely for its own sake.

What we want from recruits
We do not accept trial accounts, alts, or characters less than one month old. We do not currently have a direct minimum skill point requirement but recommend that new members have trained as many of the following skills as possible to at least level 4:

• Astrometrics
  • Hacking
  • Racial Encryption Methods (any)

We want members who exemplify the ability to play well with others. If at any point your conduct makes your corp mates entertain the idea that the Foundation would be a much nicer organization without you, then it will be. This rule is intended as a last resort "don't be a jerk" rule, as we have little tolerance for drama but prefer to work things out like adults whenever possible. (Note that the above rule exists in the context of EVE Online and does not preclude our defensive NBSI policy or other gameplay activity that falls within the acceptable bounds of the game.) Any griefing or rules violations of the sort that can lead to disciplinary action from CCP will lead to immediate expulsion from the corporation.

We want roleplayers who enjoy in-character interaction. This essentially boils down to leaving discussions about real life (RL) outside of Local or Corp chat and communicating properly in English. Players for whom English is a second language are quite welcome but heavy 1337-speakers and those with little interest in coherent communication should look elsewhere.

We want players who have reached at least 21 years of age. While our RP is not "adult" in the traditionally prurient sense of that word, we want mature players who understand that EVE Online is a highly complex and difficult game, but only a game. Many of our players have families, jobs, and other obligations or interests. We understand and support the playstyle that results from this balance.

Applicants should first contact Iurnan Mileghere via EVEMail or the "Singularity Foundation Public" channel. Please understand that private conversations may not always be practical due to circumstances of the moment and respect our request to use other forms of communications. We will schedule an interview at a convenient time, at the end of which we will either invite you to apply or suggest that we may not be the right fit for you.

FAQ
What times do you play?
Our current membership resides in the Western Hemisphere, so play times primarily run in the 0000-0600 range.

What do you mean by "roleplay"?
One of the Foundation's primary purposes is cyberpunk roleplay. This means that, for the purposes of our gaming, we strive for a level of immersion in New Eden. If, at the end of a game session, we feel as though we actually inhabited the world of a high-tech cyberpunk group in the fictional universe CCP has created, then we consider our session a success. Roleplay is to gameplay as a marinade is to a steak: it adds flavor but isn't the whole meal.

Corp chat is IC (in-character), though we do have an OOC channel available. Talking about what we're doing in-game is IC but talking about our lives out in meatspace is OOC. We like immersive character names that reflect realism within the EVE fictional universe. This does not mean that a character’s name need be his personal name nor even reflect a given name and a surname, though of course we don't mind them. We will treat most other names as pseudonyms, handles, or noms de guerre.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots

oooh, sexeh  8)

Also, don't think I haven't noticed Iurnan Mileghere lurking in 'Three Laws'...

* Ken goes to reinforce the firewalls and encryption on corp comms.

Casiella

• Demigod

Hah! Oddly enough, that's for reasons you'll like, I think. :)

Hamish Grayson

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!

Name competition! rabblerabblerabble
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Casiella

• Demigod

Wait what?

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots

:ghosthunter:

His powers are too great!  I do not understand either...

Hamish Grayson

True Slave Foundations - Singularity Foundation

Casiella

• Demigod

I like to think that we'll stand out a little from, you know, the toasterz.

Hamish Grayson

Aye I don't think there will be much confusion. 

Anyway there is just some many cool things going on in Eve RP right now, it gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Ellis Croix

Name competition! rabblerabblerabble
Hopefully Hari Seldon will forgive you all.  8)

Kybernetes Moros

So, which of us wants to be the First, and which the Second?

Terrible, despicable name-theft aside, this seems like cool beans.

Casiella

• Demigod

Look at my corp symbol and remember what Arkady[1] said.

[1]: Not Sadik.

doycet

• Clonejack

This is really an interesting premise to me, and I'd like to know more. Where are you most active in terms of exploration? Any thought on Wormhole exploration for those types of resources?

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
  • One does not simply walk into Curse.
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot

This is an incredibly sexy project which I am sad I cannot be part of. But if I could, I so would, dammit!

CEO of Ghost Festival :: Executor of Naraka.
Diary of a Pod Pilot
Pages: [1] 2