Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That high-orbit shuttle deployment is the most popular method of passenger and freight transportation from planets to space? Read more here.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Discussing Staff and other members.  (Read 6116 times)

Hamish Grayson

Re: Discussing Staff and other members.
« Reply #30 on: 20 May 2011, 12:29 »

And here I thought we were all driven off by a specific pair of users.

Those users are here.

I'm aware.

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #31 on: 20 May 2011, 15:56 »

Let me throw out this question, then. I'd like your answers to be civil and courteous in their presentation, but of course I'm asking a difficult question.

Does my presence on the Backstage staff inhibit the community here? Mizhara clearly feels that way, and while I politely disagree, I respect his viewpoint. But does a consensus exist on that point?

First off, it should read "Mizhara seems to feel that way", unless you can see into his/her head.

Secondly, I do not think your presence is harmful to anything - I will stand to my point that some moderation descisions should either be taken more carefully - or for them to be applied to any and everyone.

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #32 on: 20 May 2011, 16:55 »

Does my presence on the Backstage staff inhibit the community here?

Not to me.

Overall I think that the moderation team is doing a great job and not being biased. Sometimes it may appear that there is bias, but that could also be attributed to who answers the reports depending on when they are filed. I believe regardless of how neutral a party tries to be there will always be someone in the community that thinks they are getting the short end of the stick. Esna has the right of it in saying we should discuss this and maybe even change the rules based on that discussion as opposed to just getting rid of certain members of the mod team.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #33 on: 20 May 2011, 17:16 »

First off, it should read "Mizhara seems to feel that way", unless you can see into his/her head.

I asked the question for specific reasons, and while I can't actually speak for Mizhara, I'm confident he would not disagree with my representation of his opinion.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #34 on: 20 May 2011, 21:34 »

Wouldn't have worded it that way. I don't think you're inhibiting the community as such, but I don't think you're a good moderator. Your moderation already chased off a good member of the RP community and with some quite questionable moderation at that. Like Louella, I honestly feel you interpret the very loose ruleset we have very widely and that your moderation standards differ between different users.

On the whole, Backstage moderation is good. And on most other forums, I think you and even Louella would have been good mods, but when the rest of the moderation team sets a much higher standard than you two do... you're pulling down the average. I don't think this is conducive to reaching the potential of Backstage and thus I question your position as a moderator. However, you are a good addition to the website in general through your technical expertise and through your RP related stuff. Just... not as a moderator, I feel. Not compared to the standards Backstage is supposed to set.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #35 on: 20 May 2011, 21:44 »

Miz, should I assume you're referring to the issue with Vikarion? The one where I just posted a moderator comment rather than remove anything, later apologized, and still had comments from other staff members that they would have done more? The one where Vik deleted his account within minutes of seeing something he didn't like, and while I was asleep and thus unable to respond in a rapid fashion?

Because, while I admit that I don't count that moment as anything like one of my most shining examples, neither do I think that it serves as a good example of my 'moderation chasing off a good member of the RP community' (though I'll stipulate that I believe Vik is indeed just that).

If you mean some other example, please let me know.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #36 on: 20 May 2011, 22:02 »

That is the example indeed, but what wasn't apparent from Backstage talks about it was that this was the drop that made it overflow for him. Looking through the Catacombs after he spoke of it in-game confirmed this fairly well.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #37 on: 21 May 2011, 03:41 »

If it was just a "drop that made it overflow", I think it is fair to assume that if he left was not only/really because of Casiella ? Sounds quite convenient to me to point at the last guy doing a clumsy thing (that he admits), which eventually leads someone already totally pissed to leave.

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #38 on: 21 May 2011, 03:59 »

If it was just a "drop that made it overflow", I think it is fair to assume that if he left was not only/really because of Casiella ?
Sounds quite convenient to me to point at the last guy doing a clumsy thing (that he admits), which eventually leads someone already totally pissed to leave.

It's also quite unfair to interpret other peoples words in a way you find fitting Lyn.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #39 on: 21 May 2011, 05:19 »

I have to admit I do not understand what you mean. :o

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #40 on: 21 May 2011, 05:46 »

Lyn: he means that while the events that eventually made Vik leave were effectively just the straw that broke the camel's back, Cassiella had been responsible for the biased moderation against Vik for a while, I disagree with this, but that's just what he was saying imo

Laerise: I'm fairly sure you're violating the 'don't be an asshat' rule with what you posted. I'm reporting your post. Play nice.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #41 on: 21 May 2011, 08:35 »

Lyn: he means that while the events that eventually made Vik leave were effectively just the straw that broke the camel's back, Cassiella had been responsible for the biased moderation against Vik for a while, I disagree with this, but that's just what he was saying imo

Ah ok. Was not obvious, sorry. :/

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #42 on: 21 May 2011, 08:38 »

[gmod] Please be aware that the rules and standards of Backstage apply in this sub-forum as well, and do steer clear of point-scoring, sniping, and stating opinion as fact. [/gmod]
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #43 on: 21 May 2011, 09:15 »

Hehe, you said staff...and member.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #44 on: 21 May 2011, 09:37 »

Well, I for one will support the heavy handed enforcement of wanting us to act all lovey-dovey.

So far I have not seen any moderation I could not agree with or the departure of any person whose presence I felt invigorating.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4