Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That  following several months of dedicated research, the Synenose Accord held a public and widely attended conference in the shattered Seyllin system, site of the tragic Seyllin Main-Sequence event? See more here

Author Topic: Wardec, yadiyada...  (Read 1842 times)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Wardec, yadiyada...
« on: 17 May 2011, 10:28 »

Okay, how exactly was that post breaking those rules?

It was questioning for clarification, and once clarification was obtained it became debate. Not 'urdoinitrong'.
Have you guys gone off the deep end? The moderation has gone completely batshit lately.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: Wardec, yadiyada...
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2011, 10:35 »

I think I explained the reasons quite well. If I wasn't clear, please let me know and I'll rephrase.

Moderating your posts that break the rules is not "completely batshit", though the phrasing of your post here is completely out of line.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2011, 10:37 »

Actually, you just pointed out rules, but didn't say how they were broken.
Where did I say 'urdoinitrong'? It was questioning for clarification, then it turned into debate.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2011, 10:40 »

Referring to someone as unfair and taking things to extremes in response. Criticizing someone for using IG actions as IC because their alliance mates do not roleplay overtly.

I also explicitly stated the rules in question. Let me do so again, highlighting specific issues for your benefit.

From the FAQ:

It is a place for civil and courteous conversation. It is not a place for flamewars, bullying, point-scoring or other asshattery. (The Mods reserve the right to define 'asshattery' as behaviour not in line with the forum's purpose). It is not a place for people to show how 'wrong' others are. It is not a place for the ventilation of personal vendettas. It is not a place for insults, either veiled or explicit. It is not a place for telling other people they are 'doing it wrong". It is not a place to carry on In Character feuds.

Yes, you broke every single one of those bolded parts in the thread.

And from the Rules:

Rule 11: Don't troll. This has a working definition of "attempting to be as annoying as possible while still technically obeying the rules," and it's not the way to go about getting attention. Attempting to derail threads, posting off-topic bullshit, or flame-baiting are all verboten.

If you want to see how close you can get to the edge without going over it, then you've already gone too far.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 17 May 2011, 10:47 »

I repeat...

I didn't refer to someone as unfair, I asked if it wasn't unfair. Statement  =//= Question.
Then, it turned into debate, displaying the differences in philosophy and displaying the point by creating fictional opposite scenarios.

This isn't criticism. This isn't 'urdoinitrong'. This is debate and shedding light on differences between roleplaying philosophies and tools used for said roleplaying. No one went 'close to the edge'.

In short, you and Louella needs to be fired from the moderation team, because you're both horrible at it. Reading comprehension has apparently gone out the window, and you're both pouncing on specific individuals with the intent to twist and mangle their posts until they get somewhere close to a rule, and then trash the posts with the modhammers.

I'm starting to think Vikarion was right. You're making this place as bad as Chatsubo at times.

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 17 May 2011, 10:50 »

This was not a unilateral decision by Cassie but one to which a total of three moderators, including myself, agreed, for the reasons Cassie has given.
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.