Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Placid Reborn is a corporation dedicated to the self-determination and prosperity of the Intaki home system and its immediate surroundings? Read more here

Author Topic: Dust 514  (Read 3022 times)

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
Dust 514
« on: 15 May 2011, 00:31 »

http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=2233.msg29558#new

Err, where's the problem with that bit?  :ugh:  I think everyone of us dislikes PF contradictions - at least when they result out of omniscient narrations contradicting each other.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Re: Dust 514
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2011, 00:50 »

Absolute lack of any moderator commentary = accidental modding? *shrugs.* I don't honestly see any reason it should have been modded...
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2011, 03:06 »

Wanted to ask that question myself.

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2011, 04:07 »

Unconstructive?

Irrelevant to the thread?

Who knows?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2011, 07:43 »

If it was Louella who did the modding I suspect I know the reason >_>
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Laerise [PIE]

• Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #5 on: 15 May 2011, 08:21 »

If it was Louella who did the modding I suspect I know the reason >_>

And that's the problem, really, we don't know who moderates what. :|

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2011, 13:43 »

1. an opposing view is presented, using a reference from published stuff.

2. instead of saying "oh, well maybe some do and some don't", the opposing view is dismissed with a statement about PF contradictions, thereby suggesting anyone holding the opposing view is "doing it wrong". This is underlined by use of the eyeroll smiley. Snarky and unconstructive.

3. as per the FAQ, "doing it wrong" statements are a no-no.
\o/

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 15 May 2011, 13:48 »

I'm fairly certain that you and I both know that was never the intent of that text...honestly Lou, I feel like you're going out of your way to find issues with my posts, and its rather irritating.

Laerise [PIE]

• Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #8 on: 15 May 2011, 14:16 »

1. an opposing view is presented, using a reference from published stuff.

2. instead of saying "oh, well maybe some do and some don't", the opposing view is dismissed with a statement about PF contradictions, thereby suggesting anyone holding the opposing view is "doing it wrong". This is underlined by use of the eyeroll smiley. Snarky and unconstructive.

3. as per the FAQ, "doing it wrong" statements are a no-no.

If you want to interpret the rule that way I will report your post which Nikita quoted - the use of the vOv emoticon is offensive, snarky and unconstructive as well.

If you want to run a tight ship you should better not have a two-class society.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #9 on: 15 May 2011, 21:45 »

Targeted moderation, bias, 'looking for an excuse', poor justification and extremely broad interpretation of rulesets.

Never did see Louella being moderator material. Guess this proves it.

For the reasons others are mentioning here, and in my own post right here, I'm officially asking the Backstage administration to review Louella's position as a moderator, as I feel it's not conducive to a positive environment or the high standards of moderation Backstage needs.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #10 on: 15 May 2011, 22:03 »

The moderation team is aware of this thread and the issue(s) raised, and we are looking into it as we speak. The likelihood of the thread becoming unconstructive past this point is rather high, so we will be locking this thread.

If you feel the need to raise an issue that has not already been addressed, please send a PM to one or more of the moderators.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #11 on: 16 May 2011, 18:29 »

Upon further review, we have restored Nikita's post to the original thread as it does not violate any of the rules here at Backstage.

I'd like to note that the entire staff (along with everyone else) sees all moderation actions and, like any group of people, our opinions may vary internally. This is good and healthy and part of the reason why Silver doesn't run this place entirely solo. (Also because he has a life!) But it also presents challenges, partly because of the global nature of the site which results in posts at all hours, and partly because cultural expectations and understandings differ.

We do have some internal guidelines. Generally speaking, moderators try not to take action in threads in which we post as individuals. Occasionally, particularly egregious posts may require immediate action, or sometimes we just forget (or no one else is available). This applies even more so in the case of replies to a moderator's individual post, where except in extreme circumstances the moderator should let one of the other staff members handle the situation.

As a side note, when a member reports a moderator's post, that moderator may choose to respond in the private discussion thread created by the report, but other moderators decide what action to take.

The entire Backstage staff and I are very sorry that this happened, and while I won't comment on specifics, obviously we're listening to everyone (privately and publicly) and working things out. All people make mistakes sometimes and deserve respect and a chance to explain themselves.

I'm re-opening the thread because I believe that, at this point everyone here can discuss things civilly and courteously. Please don't disabuse me of the notion -- clearly, we'd rather not wield the Mallet of Loving Correction here.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #12 on: 16 May 2011, 18:53 »

we have restored Nikita's post to the original thread

The entire Backstage staff and I are very sorry that this happened

Well, that's good.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #13 on: 16 May 2011, 19:34 »

nicely done I believe some golfclap would be appropriate *golfclaps*