Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Frentix is a principle drug booster of Sansha's Nation?

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Minmatar Bloc Discussion  (Read 8055 times)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: Minmatar Bloc Discussion
« Reply #30 on: 28 Apr 2010, 10:03 »

I think many of us don't quite know what to make of the revelations involving the Starkmanir. I can only imagine how that is for you folks directly in that RP...

Eva

• Queen of Roleplay
  • Wetgraver
    • A Mote in God's Eye
« Reply #31 on: 28 Apr 2010, 10:05 »

Given the Nefantar only recently returned, their political stance, along with that of Starkmanir, is kind of uncertain.

Eva

• Queen of Roleplay
  • Wetgraver
    • A Mote in God's Eye
« Reply #32 on: 28 Apr 2010, 10:07 »

Krusual seem to be the shifty types, as I recall. I sort of think of them as the Bothans of EVE, which probably isn't fair to either universe, and certainly doesn't preclude them from being traditional and isolationist in their political goals. Because of that, I tend to assume that they have heavy representation in the RSS.

The Sebiestor are more interesting, as we know that they have a tinkerer mindset: the whole "we can build anything from anything at any time" viewpoint. They also have a nomadic tradition not wholly unlike the Thukkers, at least for some portion of the tribe, based on character creation. So I tend to view the Sebs as highly pragmatic: do what works, don't worry about anything else. Diplomacy is a tool that might work, and when it doesn't, toss it and try something else. Hell, try everything simultaneously from different directions.

Also good points - there are definitely Krusual moments that make them shifty, but these also abound for the Sebs. Pragmatic could be a very good slant for the Sebs, too.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #33 on: 28 Apr 2010, 12:47 »

Given the Nefantar only recently returned, their political stance, along with that of Starkmanir, is kind of uncertain.

If memory serves before the Day of Darkness the Nefantar where the leaders of the Matari. I would imagine they did a lot of the horse trading that got the Minmatar unified enough to get into space and start settling other worlds. That much is PF (I think).

Post invasion they got a reputation for sucking up to the Amarr in order to maintain their influence. When the revolt came they where largely tossed out along with their masters. The only way that Empyrean Age makes sense at all is that a group within the tribe where really working to shield the rest of the people from the worst excesses of the empire and went underground within the empire to protect the last of the Starkmanir.

For the White Wolf original WoD players amongst you think of them as the small, resurgent, sane faction in the Silver Fangs. If this is true it would make them full on self-sacrificing heroic types. So of course they'll get shafted extra hard in the dystopian and then some setting of EVE.

Not so sure about the Starkmanir. However given they where game to try a one tribe revolt it could be they'd make the Brutor look downright calm and reasonable.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.
Pages: 1 2 [3]