Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That all Blood Raider commanders receive substantial theological training as well? (The Burning Life, p. 56)

Author Topic: [character] Mizhara Del'thul  (Read 4710 times)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
[character] Mizhara Del'thul
« on: 19 Apr 2010, 21:10 »

Image in Avatar

Name: Mizhara Del'thul
Age: Unknown, mid-late thirties is believed, possibly older.
Race: Matari Sebestior, but raised a slave and has no real connection to her blood. Old information, currently well connected with the Gripdjur.
Eyes: Dead white due to an attempted terrorist attack.
Hair: White/Blonde, shoulder length or shorter.
Height: Short to medium for Minmatar in general, middling to tall for most of the rest of the cluster.
Weight: Miz has bulked up during this decade. Partly to physical training, partly to severe clone upgrades and modification. Currenly masses three to four times what her clone's volume would ordinarily imply.

She is usually clad in a skintight rubbery shining black jumpsuit, cutting off just at her right arm and left leg, in order to prominently display her prosthetic limbs. They too have a black rubbery synth-skin look, but any decent weapon scanner will note the weapons-grade power generators within them. These days she wears more casual stuff in public. Practical pants, torn or frayed shirts. She cleans up nicely when she decides to, but for every day appearances she looks much like her profile. She retains her dead eyes and lacking limbs through the cloning process by request, as they hold an emotional importance to her. Apparently she's got some sort of sight implants, because she doesn't act blind, except when dealing with holographic projections or flat 2D images. As with everything else, as she's gained far greater wealth, resources, contacts and experience the cybernetics, ocular implants and clones have been upgraded repeatedly over time. Now they're at the forefront of what money and risk taking can buy.

After being freed and then spending months in a hospital to save her life and regain a little mobility, -- there's details lacking, but some records to seem to confirm she lived as a station rat and addict for an unspecified amount of time before an attempted terrorist attack left her blinded and hospitalized -- she was introduced to the Sebestior tribe of her blood. She struggled to connect, and when the ceremony gave her the Horned Mask Voluval mark prominently on her stomach, her being mostly shunned or feared by the tribe didn't help. -- The Gripdjur clan however has taken very close interest in her and she is now publicly known as volur trained. There's rumors of exile for other reasons, however.  After the capsuleer who freed her paid her through capsuleer training, she's dedicated her life to the destruction of all things Amarr, starting with the slavery concept.

Currently flying with Du'uma Fiisi Integrated Astrometrics, she's made some unlikely friends and even more unlikely sisters. Even a lover. Not too bad a feat for an extremist terrorist, willing to commit any act of cruelty and destruction upon unarmed Amarrians. Currently flying as a mercenary under the flag of Mercenary Coalition, it's also public knowledge that she's trying to use the Coreli Corp's access to Serpentis bio-engineering data to possibly kickstart an Insorum Component research project in order to limit or remove the impact of vitoxin on Amarr slaver efforts.

06.06-10 Addendum/Changes:

No longer flying with Du'uma Fiisi, she's in the process of moving assets and consolidating the Horned Masquerade as her home, while exploring a possible job with Disciples of the Night in Deklein. She's no longer Du'uma Fiisi since the CEO and membership of that corporation seems to have largely fallen off the map and can no longer have any significant impact on the slavers. The former slaver Ithiria Deritan surprising her with a job offer, after some fairly epic hostile encounters between them, manages to stay fascinating enough to her that she's considering joining DoN.

The resources and backing of a relatively powerful Corporation and Alliance, along with a former Slaver at the helm could be an interesting tool in her ongoing fight.

Seven years down the line addendum changes:

Lots of them. Things change and there's been too many to detail right here. I've updated most of the information and edited the post accordingly, but unless you actually know Miz, it's unlikely public infodumps will ever tell you the whole story of anything.
« Last Edit: 08 Nov 2017, 12:09 by Mizhara »

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Re: [character] Mizhara Del'thul
« Reply #1 on: 20 Apr 2010, 12:23 »

Just wondering, because I don't think I've seen it stated anywhere, what's the Horned Mask Voluval mark mean?

Also, confirming fookin insane lady is fookin insane.  :P
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #2 on: 20 Apr 2010, 12:49 »

I actually wanna make a voluval catalogue sort of thing in the player driven content section with the few PF voluvals listed (with descriptions as available) and where others who've made up their own can post them.. I know there's a thread like that on the -EM- forums, would be nice to do something similar here.

Of course, if someone beats me to it that's fine, too :)

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #3 on: 20 Apr 2010, 12:52 »

It's a good idea, now you'll make me need to add a little detail to mine though.  :P

Still want to make a proper drawing of it, but I suck at art.
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #4 on: 20 Apr 2010, 13:07 »

I have some sketches of what I like to imagine for Casi's but haven't delved as far into that as I'd like.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 20 Apr 2010, 15:26 »

I haven't managed to nail down exactly what the mark means, but mostly what it results in. It's not a mark that leads to exile and such (Pale Eye as an example, which Miz joke about once in a while, saying she's got two) but it does lead to fear and a bit of 'shunning'.

It's indicative of the kind of personality that will do whatever it takes to achieve a goal. No matter who gets hurt, no matter what the damage is. No matter what. The goal will be achieved. It is named 'Horned Mask' for that persons ability to remove all emotions and look like 'they're slipping an emotionless mask on their face'. Horned, probably because they're considered to be 'evil' people.

However, they're not exiled or such simply because they can be valuable and even harmless depending on the situation. Prepare and aim one of these people onto an enemy, and step back far enough, and they're great weapons since they will do whatever it takes to destroy it. Just don't get between them and the enemy, because then you might be used or otherwise broken in the process.

I may write down a more 'lore' answer later, but the idea of writing a little compendium on player-made voluval marks sounds very good. Everyone making up one of their own might not be too feasible, but when the few released by CCP isn't enough, new RPers just might go and use one you've created.

Edit: *facestabs Esna*  Shush, slaver.

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #6 on: 20 Apr 2010, 15:42 »

I haven't managed to nail down exactly what the mark means, but mostly what it results in.

Mind if I post what you sent me in the eve-mail when I asked you about it months ago?

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 20 Apr 2010, 15:51 »

Please do, I've forgotten what I hurriedly smacked together without preparation, heheh. It'll be interesting to see how it's changed or if it's the same.

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #8 on: 20 Apr 2010, 16:18 »

Voluval Article (Horned Mask)
Sent: 2010.01.09 05:27
To: Havohej, 

* Most of the article seems to be guesswork and sloppy conclusions based on poor basic research, but there is a copy of a few pages taken from what seems to be a genuine Minmatar scroll on the subject of Voluval marks. On one of the pages you find the Horned Mask *

The Horned Mask is a mark of note. While it does not warrant exile, like the Pale Eye would, it still warns of terror, blood and death. The Matari that carries a Horned Mask will be responsible for much suffering and destruction, but can be aimed towards targets worthy of such treatment. While not a warrior as such, the innate ruthlessness and pleasure gained from pain will still make this a dangerous foe.

Be aware, however, that there are weaknesses inherent in these people. They will hold little loyalty to anything but the most remarkable leaders, and they will often focus so hard on their enemy that they lose sight of their allies.

Almost without fail, carriers of the Horned Mask have died, captured by their enraged enemies after having become renowned for their deeds, or their own allies have been forced to incarcerate and kill them as they've lost sight of all loyalties. Be wary... they are fine weapons, but dangerous even to the wielder.

* The article goes on to claim some rather ridiculous notions of orgies, wild tribal dancing and heavy use of narcotics during the ceremony. The information on the marks seemed to be genuine, but can't be considered to be fact due to the rest of the article being the product of a deranged twat *

Twitter

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 20 Apr 2010, 16:32 »

*throws head back and laughs*

I wrote that? Allright, slap that into the little Voluval Mark thread. It'll do...

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 06 Jun 2010, 12:04 »

Addendum/Changes made.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #11 on: 08 Nov 2017, 12:11 »

Right, since this apparently IS occasionally read by people, perhaps it's time to update it with at least some of the over seven years worth of changes that has occurred. I've updated some of the profile, struck some of it out (haven't removed anything, but crossed out things that certainly no longer apply) and fleshed some other things out. This is by no means a full comprehensive profile, but should be reasonably accurate at the current time of posting.

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #12 on: 08 Nov 2017, 12:37 »

I didn't mean to make work for you, Miz.  Mit was really just trying to get in a cheap shot  :P
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #13 on: 08 Nov 2017, 12:45 »

Don't worry about it. It was seven years overdue anyway. Thanks for the reminder. Besides, it also helps show how characters develop over the years.

Also, the cheap shot is definitely fair game, heh.

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #14 on: 08 Nov 2017, 12:50 »

Yeah, it's cool to have some history of our toons.  I have abandoned my entry here too pretty much, but I do try to keep the backstage wiki page up to date.
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"