Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ishukone corporation manufactures the mind altering Transcranial Microcontroller?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Help Defining a Corporation  (Read 4974 times)

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
Help Defining a Corporation
« on: 19 Apr 2010, 16:32 »

So here's the deal.
I created Anshar Incorporated with the intent of creating a Low-security enforced No fire zone, where Industrialists and marketeers could come and ply their wares, and pirates and various criminal scum could come and buy them.
Once telling people about this, I've been told it's a bit like a Micro-Providence thing. It isn't, but that's the best analogy I have for it right now.
Anyway, now to the point: My Original Idea was to have the corporation as affiliates of Serpentis, whilst running ANN on the side, however, with a bit more thinking, it occurred to me that this really isn't the kind of thing the Serpentis Corporation do.

My Other (as I see it) options for this venture are Syndicate and Angel Cartel, the first I lack IC reason for, the second I want to move on from.
So anyway, can anyone help me out with this? I'm really conflicted as to which path I should take. I'd usually discuss something like this with my corp-mates, but I don't have any at the moment, and I don't feel I can pull together a recruitment thread without some idea of the direction I want to take.

Corporation description as it stands can be found below.

Anshar Incorporated are owners of the media group, Arcadia News Network. They provide security and market services in regards to ANN, as well as pursuing independent ventures.
The corporation is rumoured to have connections to Serpentis and their affiliates.

Any Ideas? I've been racking my brains for some time, and can't seem to come to a conclusion.

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
Re: Help Defining a Corporation
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2010, 17:53 »

If there first part about using the corp as a low-sec enforcer of sorts is important to you, it would seem like being linked to either the Angel or Serpentis groups wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. Syndicate ties make a bit more sense for that sort of venture, as they administer independent stations and would have a reason for vested interests in developing markets and in and around their space.

If you don't have any IC ties to the Syndicate you could consider yourself Syndicate influenced? Taking the Intaki Syndicate's methods and applying them to low-security systems, as best as they can be replicated in Empire sovereign space anyway.

There may be a few other group that would make some sense to tie to, either peripherally or in a more integral way. The Mordu Legion might be one of those, as they are more of a merc group and private army than pirates. With their ties to the Intaki and history with the Caldari it could be interesting to at least have token involvement with them anyway.

That's what I have for that part of your corp anyway. For reporting I see being unnaffiliated or keeping your ties either totally out in the open or kept secret as important. If you're looking to have the news found out by snooping around and getting information from hidden sources, I guess I could see a reason to like having ties with the Serp/Angel groups, but not sure if that's what you are going for.
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2010, 17:57 »

As I understand it, the Syndicate basically operates as a chain of stations whose owners choose to cooperate -- but each station owner is pretty much completely sovereign on her station. So you might find a system with just one station, owned by some commercial entity (NGO) and create an IC connection with the megacorp that owns it.

You know, not everything has to tie back to an NPC faction. It could be, you know, just business. For your own purposes.

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 2010, 17:59 »

Heh, that thought had occurred to me as well Casi. Totally possible to do this as your own venture with no direct ties to NPC factions. It may be more work to begin with, but it does have it's own payoffs for doing so.
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #4 on: 20 Apr 2010, 01:57 »

If there first part about using the corp as a low-sec enforcer of sorts is important to you, it would seem like being linked to either the Angel or Serpentis groups wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. Syndicate ties make a bit more sense for that sort of venture, as they administer independent stations and would have a reason for vested interests in developing markets and in and around their space.

Well, I suppose the eventual idea would be to annex the area in question for the faction in some way, similar to what the cartel did here.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #5 on: 22 Apr 2010, 20:08 »

Well, I suppose the eventual idea would be to annex the area in question for the faction in some way, similar to what the cartel did here.

I recall that. I was in Naqam at the time (Sansha) and we were in Exa. with CR-SE (Blooders, but mostly RP-lite). Skarkon was our home system before the Angel thing, so Cyshade (CEO of CR-SE) made a post saying they were going to blood children until the Angels left.

I was doing the PR for Naqam. Was a bit of a scramble for me, as I recall.  :lol:

Where were you thinking of setting up? If you were in Placid, or even Solitude, for example, involving Syndicate or the Legion would make a lot of sense. If it was low sec Khanid, you might go Lai Dai. Republic somewhere, there is Thukker among other options. Etc.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 22 Apr 2010, 23:13 »

Where were you thinking of setting up? If you were in Placid, or even Solitude, for example, involving Syndicate or the Legion would make a lot of sense. If it was low sec Khanid, you might go Lai Dai. Republic somewhere, there is Thukker among other options. Etc.
If it is Khanid low-sec, any of the Caldari megas won't be a bad choice.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #7 on: 23 Apr 2010, 02:36 »

I was looking at the regions linking to Syndicate/Serpentis Space. Placid would be nice, but I'm hesitant about setting up in FW Space. Militia would probably be a bit too much to handle if things went bad.

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #8 on: 23 Apr 2010, 04:19 »

I'm surprised nobody seems to have suggested Thukker affiliations yet.
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #9 on: 23 Apr 2010, 04:22 »

Thukker is nice, but it really doesn't suit my goals.
I was under the impression that Thukker were a bunch of Nomads, as opposed to a group interested in quietly taking over a chunk of space for shadowy masters or whatever

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #10 on: 23 Apr 2010, 04:49 »

They've got stations, so they can at least keep up a permanent presence, even if there may be a high turnover rate among station personnel, and I'd say they are the kind of people who'd be interested in the kind of trade you seem to have in mind.
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Eva

• Queen of Roleplay
  • Wetgraver
    • A Mote in God's Eye
« Reply #11 on: 29 Apr 2010, 17:26 »

Bleh - never mind - I was just suggesting Thukker when I realised it'd already been done.

Out of curiosity, why don't you think it would be a Serpentis sort of thing? The Serps were quite into their smuggling and every smuggler needs a black market.
« Last Edit: 29 Apr 2010, 17:28 by Eva »

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
  • One does not simply walk into Curse.
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot
« Reply #12 on: 30 Apr 2010, 11:29 »

Serps work fine for this. Or you know, you can be independent *shrugs* Don't fuss about it too much and just do it, it's a great idea, and it will be even more awesome if it works no matter how small scale.

CEO of Ghost Festival :: Executor of Naraka.
Diary of a Pod Pilot

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #13 on: 30 Apr 2010, 12:46 »

* Casiella beckons Myrh

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
  • One does not simply walk into Curse.
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot
« Reply #14 on: 30 Apr 2010, 12:50 »

* Casiella beckons Myrh

Should I worry?  :eek:

CEO of Ghost Festival :: Executor of Naraka.
Diary of a Pod Pilot
Pages: [1] 2