Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That capsuleers frequently communicate by means of dataprojectors? (The Burning Life, p 30)

Author Topic: Rock banned?  (Read 1537 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Rock banned?
« on: 03 Apr 2011, 09:37 »

http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=2000.0

That original post does not violate any of the guidelines AFAIK, moreover, the last moderator comment says "I'll leave it open for now", yet it's in the Catacombs.

It is only people's replies that would "lead to additional drama". Is that my problem, or is it the problem of others who do not follow the guidelines?

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: Rock banned?
« Reply #1 on: 03 Apr 2011, 09:41 »

You weren't warned in any way, nor did anyone take any action whatsoever against your account. On further review, however, we felt that the thread didn't fit the guidelines of the site.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 03 Apr 2011, 09:44 »

Which guidelines in particular?

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 03 Apr 2011, 10:31 »

Which guidelines in particular?

Try rules 10a (emphasis on spirit) and 11.  Also see Q6 in the FAQ.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 03 Apr 2011, 10:51 »

As far as rules, Scagga has the right of it. I believe your intentions were good, of course, and so we didn't take any account action, but they still didn't match up with the sort of posts we'd like to see here.

In my opinion, this should be fairly clear in any case: if you have a problem with someone, take it up with them. Those discussions don't belong in public and certainly not here.

And, if I may say so, when enough people report the same post, then clearly the Backstage community feels like it doesn't belong. Personally, I take that seriously: not mob rule, obviously, but if so many folks see a problem with it, then it clearly deserves a closer look.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 03 Apr 2011, 11:03 »

OK. Why was this post, however, not modded? Because enough people didn't report it?

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 03 Apr 2011, 11:11 »

OK. Why was this post, however, not modded? Because enough people didn't report it?

There is a distinct difference in the tone of the posts under comparison.  One is an opening for a discussion on an emotive subject. The other is predominantly a statement, rather than a post amenable to discussion, that could almost qualify in my view as a rant, on an emotive subject.  

If you look closer at the content and wording of the posts, there is plenty more to see. The modded post has characteristics that would most likely be interpreted as pejorative if I were to openly point them out here.  I suggest you reflect on it.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 03 Apr 2011, 11:28 »

The thread from Ashar has been discussed extensively, and you may note from the comments there that we spent considerable time and energy considering what to do and taking the actions we felt appropriate.