Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That  following several months of dedicated research, the Synenose Accord held a public and widely attended conference in the shattered Seyllin system, site of the tragic Seyllin Main-Sequence event? See more here

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ante - What's Silphy enDiabel up to?  (Read 4644 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Ante - What's Silphy enDiabel up to?
« on: 19 Apr 2010, 08:56 »

What's going on ey?

Might need to have a second read at some point, but I'm clueless as to what's going on.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: Ante - What's Silphy enDiabel up to?
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2010, 09:49 »

If Abraxas doesn't start proofreading his chrons, I will personally redirect Eyjafyallajokull back at him.

(<3 Hjalti, to be clear, but typos in professional work make me CRAZY.)

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2010, 10:02 »

Well, seems to be quite a bit of interest in there. In read-through order:

• SOE leave huge, ready-made cathedrals behind everywhere they go
  • Santimona Sarpati isn't exactly a saint, even leaving aside the thing with Silphy
  • The capital city of Intaki is Lenoika, and it has unpredictable weather
  • Silphy wants a deal made - perhaps to do business in the system? - with the Legion
  • Ishukone is still behind the Mordu presence in the system, and is the avenue Silphy appears to be planning on using to approach the Legion about Syndicate business activities in system?
  • There is another Syndicate high-ranker named Lecante
  • The Zephyr shuttles were a ploy - at least to some degree - to use capsuleers to unwittingly gather WH info

Dex_Kivuli

• Dex 2.11b
  • Egger
« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 2010, 22:28 »

• Santimona Sarpati isn't exactly a saint, even leaving aside the thing with Silphy
  • Silphy wants a deal made - perhaps to do business in the system? - with the Legion
  • Ishukone is still behind the Mordu presence in the system, and is the avenue Silphy appears to be planning on using to approach the Legion about Syndicate business activities in system?
  • The Zephyr shuttles were a ploy - at least to some degree - to use capsuleers to unwittingly gather WH info
  • There is some plan to either sell/tempt Ishukone with the WH data

Added an extra dot point.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #4 on: 19 Apr 2010, 22:39 »

What.jpeg

I think this is the first thing related to wormholes I've seen in quite a while.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Dex_Kivuli

• Dex 2.11b
  • Egger
« Reply #5 on: 19 Apr 2010, 23:54 »

I only just discovered the familial connection of the Sister's CEO to Serpentis:
http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/The_Sarpati_Family_(Chronicle)

From an IC perspective, Kivuli wouldn't have trusted her from the start: he would've assumed her antipathy towards the Serpentis was all a ruse.

In real life, people often have difficulty looking at things from others' points of view. Kivuli would look at Santimona through his own lens of Caldari-coloured glasses. He'd think "well, in the State, you're born to your corp, you love your corp. There is no other way." He'd then assume that Santimona was trying to serve the Serpentis in the best way she could. He would also assume that because she was Serpentis, she'd think and have attitudes consistent with their views.
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2010, 23:56 by Dex_Kivuli »

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #6 on: 20 Apr 2010, 09:55 »

In before Seri complains about space lesbians being in his PF. :lol:

In all seriousness, I'm quite confused too, but I'm pleased to see that wormholes are being mentioned again. Was hoping they wouldn't become a passing fancy.

... and I'm definitely curious about the history between Santimona and Silphy. Some weird stuff going on there... :eek:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Nascent

• Clonejack
« Reply #7 on: 20 Apr 2010, 11:03 »

There is some plan to either sell/tempt Ishukone with the WH data[/li][/list]

We can haz T3 frigates and Ishukone can haz new breakthrough technology?

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 20 Apr 2010, 11:28 »

Possibly, except I want to believe this stuff ties in some way to Tyrannis, which will not include the T3 frigates (sadly).

Vendrin

• Clonejack
« Reply #9 on: 25 Apr 2010, 04:26 »

I actually have to wonder if the SOE CEO is actually related to Salvador Sarpati, there's been a few instances in the past where CCP's random name generator has been used for chronicles and in game npcs that imply family connections that never actually are meant to exist. A prime example is one of the Intaki Idama's has a wife who has the last name Kuvakei, which we all (should) know is the same last name of Sansha.

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #10 on: 25 Apr 2010, 06:13 »

This is supposed to be one of the original homeworlds in EVE. And evidently, even the locals call it "Intaki V".

I find that sad.
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #11 on: 25 Apr 2010, 07:10 »

I actually have to wonder if the SOE CEO is actually related to Salvador Sarpati.

Long answer: you should really read the chron on the Serpentis.

Short answer: yep.

Saxon Hawke

• Omelette
    • Free Intaki
« Reply #12 on: 26 Apr 2010, 08:50 »

There is another Kuvakei in Eve. There was a storyline in Placid about three years ago that involved Vorada Kuvakei, leader of the Illoren. His group was fighting Serpentis drug smugglers but ran afoul of Federation authorities.

The storyline ended with Kuvakei being exiled from Federation space. I've always held some hope that he might make a return, but I've never heard even a whisper about the possibility.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #13 on: 26 Apr 2010, 08:57 »

There is some speculation that Kuvakei might just be a common Caldari last name.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #14 on: 26 Apr 2010, 13:37 »

Didn't Vremaja Idama marry a woman named Vika Kuvakei? It's not clear on the PF available, but I don't think she was a relative of Sansha.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.
Pages: [1] 2